Brendon Judas Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Will you boo Goddard on Sunday?

Yes
22%
No
50%
I will boo and applaud him at the same time
1%
I am a racist tool who would prefer to boo Adam Goodes instead
10%
I'm not going to the footy on Sunday
17%

Total votes: 72

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Brendon Judas Goddard

I still can't find it within myself to forgive him. He was my favourite player before he went to Essendon. I just think we have a duty as St.Kilda FC supporters to let him know that he left us at a very bad time. And choosing a scumbag club like Essendon was an act of treachery.

To all the BJ sympathisers, you're entitled to your view, but you should question your own loyalty to the club at the same time.

Fortius Quo Fidelius = Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword, or GTFO!!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brendon Judas Goddard

I've got no problem with BJ...gave his all for the club and nearly won us a premiership through his skill and guts in 2010. You can see for yourself he loves the club.
Fell out with Watters and felt he had to go.

Someone like Cripps shyts me more...left us with nothing in return.

Nee!
noddy04
Club Player

We are flying over Sunday morning for the game and I sure as hell will be booing him.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm torn

PS I must be the racist tool.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:We are flying over Sunday morning for the game and I sure as hell will be booing him.
Onya noddy addaboy!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I've moved on.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Think I'll laugh at him

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:I still can't find it within myself to forgive him. He was my favourite player before he went to Essendon. I just think we have a duty as St.Kilda FC supporters to let him know that he left us at a very bad time. And choosing a scumbag club like Essendon was an act of treachery.

To all the BJ sympathisers, you're entitled to your view, but you should question your own loyalty to the club at the same time.

Such a mature outlook!!

Answer me this OP, if we win in 2010 on the back of his goal and mark and he still leaves, do you still boo him. I remember sitting in a Swans/ Saints game crowd at the SCG shortly after Schneider came across and a few were booing him and I said to them "how dare you boo a player who won a premiership with your side and was cut by the club anyway"

You see booing is such a small minded activity. Does it really give you joy? I think it just makes you seem a little bitter, but hey

So what he leaves, whilst he was with the club he gave 100% loyalty, that is all we can ask as supporters.

He wants to look after his life, good luck to him and really would our side look better with him in it now. We had to move Dal, BJ, Gwilt etc all wonderful Saints but we move on and now we have Jacks to cheer for.

And as for calling out supporters for questioning their loyalty, don't go there.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
felix
Club Player

He's just not that good anymore to worry about..move on.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
Sainternist wrote:I still can't find it within myself to forgive him. He was my favourite player before he went to Essendon. I just think we have a duty as St.Kilda FC supporters to let him know that he left us at a very bad time. And choosing a scumbag club like Essendon was an act of treachery.

Such a mature outlook!!

Answer me this OP, if we win in 2010 on the back of his goal and mark and he still leaves, do you still boo him. I remember sitting in a Swans/ Saints game crowd at the SCG shortly after Schneider came across and a few were booing him and I said to them "how dare you boo a player who won a premiership with your side and was cut by the club anyway"

You see booing is such a small minded activity. Does it really give you joy? I think it just makes you seem a little bitter, but hey

So what he leaves, whilst he was with the club he gave 100% loyalty, that is all we can ask as supporters.

He wants to look after his life, good luck to him and really would our side look better with him in it now. We had to move Dal, BJ, Gwilt etc all wonderful Saints but we move on and now we have Jacks to cheer for.

And as for calling out supporters for questioning their loyalty, don't go there.
yep

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

Such a mature outlook!!

yep
nup

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
mullet
Saintsational Legend

who????

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I'll give a bit of a boo the first time on of our players is in oppo colours to get it out of my system and if an oppo player has done a dog act that day. But otherwise I just don't care enough about the oppo to have much of a reaction to them at all.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Well, there's two sorts of booing - the panto 'chewy on yer boot' booing and the vicious 'I hate your f**ing guts" type booing. I think it's pretty easy to spot the difference - in yourself and in the person standing next to you.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

don't waste your breadth. Save it for the umpires

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Great offense. No defence. Very unaccountable. Man him up or put a damaging player on him. He will get his usual cheap kicks in the back line. Was my favourite player but left for more cash and longer deal elsewhere. Could have been our captain. I think it's a little justice that Essendon are crap now. Yes hate Cripps hate Goddard but have respect for Dal Santo.

SMS
Club Player

DISGRACEFUL THREAD!!!!

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF AS A SO CALLED SAINTS FAN!!!

Goddard has been a fantastic servant for the club he has broken bones and bled many times for he club. He performed in grand finals .... AND THEN HE LEFT AND GOT US DRAFT PICKS!!!!

We needed to offload goddard dal and mcevoy z

Imagine we kept them??? We'd have 3 less up and coming guns. 3 less experinced players. Less chemistry. What we did in 2013 was brilliant. Goddard was part of that.

B.Goddard is a saints legend. STFU!!!
Last edited by SMS on Tue 17 May 2016 10:33am, edited 1 time in total.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I am just going to refuse to attend the movie they are going to make about him and the Cheats.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Players come and players go. Goddard came and then he left. Big deal.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Not going to be able to make Sunday's game but if I was there I wouldn't bother booing him...I now find his situation amusing. He and Essendon clearly deserve each other.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Why is he a Judas?

he was pushed out.

You are garbage - Enough said
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:Not going to be able to make Sunday's game but if I was there I wouldn't bother booing him...I now find his situation amusing. He and Essendon clearly deserve each other.

"Well, I have a feeling what he’s going through is punishment enough”

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Why is he a Judas?

he was pushed out.
Supposedly he was offered a contract. 3 years and not 4. Also Essendope were willing to pay more for him. Also wanted to chase success.
First day of free agency lodgment was made. I am happy the club didn't equal it.

He could have been our captain now.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:Not going to be able to make Sunday's game but if I was there I wouldn't bother booing him...I now find his situation amusing. He and Essendon clearly deserve each other.

"Well, I have a feeling what he’s going through is punishment enough”
get well get well soon

we want you to get well

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
The_President
Club Player

Does anyone know where I can find the article of BJ saying he chose Essendon because they were closer to a flag than the saints?