We screwed the pooch!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

We screwed the pooch!

We probably ended the WB's genuine premiership hopes tonight. They dropped from third to sixth and they face Geelong next week. The season ending injuries to Wallis and Redpath only rubbed salt into the wounds. It was the way we won that will probably hurt them the most. They couldn't score, even though they got off to a bit of a flyer. Just five goals in three quarters against an opponent in 10th place, is pretty pathetic. As good as our defensive pressure and intensity was, they would be greatly troubled by their complete inability to counter it. Time for Tom Boyd to earn his million+ for the year. That recruiting decision, lauded in the media at the time, is starting to look like a potential club wrecker. If Tom can't produce, the natives will be more than restless.

On another note, despite the fact we have won 7 of our last 9, we don't get any respect from the so-called experts. Only Jonathon Brown picked us in the Herald Sun. That's out of thirty or so. Given what was at stake and our form coming into the game, you'd think a few may have gone with us. I don't think Dermott Brereton has picked us at all this year. I know he's an ignorant flog, but he even had the skiers thrashing us last week.

So, keep charging Sainters. I suppose the previous paragraph merely indicates how unprofessional and facile footy experts really are. King, Chapman, Brereton et al are not even professional enough to put aside their obvious personal biases and hatreds and give us some objective, insightful analysis. We might even sneak into the eight without them noticing! We are currently ninth, if the media flogs need to know. Go Sainters!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: We screwed the pooch!

Great post. I hope we have ruined the Dogs season - not so much via injuries but mentally. That would be worth almost as much of not more than the win.

North is next. Beat them and their mental deamons will be once again exposed.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dogs supporters hate us with venom

So they can stick that in the pipe and smoke it

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Dogs are the least offensive of all the other teams to me.

If we're not in a position to win it, I'd like to see them have some success. They've been waiting longer than us.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely not!!!

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:The Dogs are the least offensive of all the other teams to me.

If we're not in a position to win it, I'd like to see them have some success. They've been waiting longer than us.
Agree, not sure they hate us that much do they?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I never thought much of them anyway. Overhyped and overrated.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

st.byron wrote:The Dogs are the least offensive of all the other teams to me.

No they can not win one b4 us. I don't care. I hate them for many reasons.

saint3d
Club Player

Hopefully they can climb back up to fifth.

noddy04
Club Player

After what some of their supporters dished up to us as we were walking out of the MCG after the 2009 prelim final i wouldnt give you 2 bob for their shitty club.
And WW take a bit of advice mate all those "experts" that tip in the papers wouldnt have a clue waht our club is about so when d**khead brereton or his other KJ mated dont tip us they are the ones who look stupid when we win against the Bulldogs and geelongs of this comp. I only use our paper for wrapping the vegetable peels up in :)

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I hear you, Noddy04. I hear you, brother.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

They're still booing Roo but he tore them a new one tonight.

Matthew Boyd is a poor man's Lenny Hayes

Tom Boyd...lol

Go Bullflogs

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Completely disagree with that attitude - the Bulldogs have been competition battlers like us for years. If anything we should be supporting them to go on and win it to show the rich dominant clubs that it can be done!

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Someone said it last season and I'm going to repeat it.
"I can't wait for two years when out rebuild catches up to the Dogs"
Suckers.
For a side that gets so much positive press about how attractive they play they don't score. They play for possession they aren't in my top 8 sides to watch. We are though.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Nice The Right Stuff reference.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:Completely disagree with that attitude - the Bulldogs have been competition battlers like us for years. If anything we should be supporting them to go on and win it to show the rich dominant clubs that it can be done!
Yes true and they are from a poor area also so don't have the resources we have being based in a good part of town.

Saying that, I'd be furious if their premiership drought finished before us. Don't mind them losing a granny and feeling our pain though.

Once our drought is broken, I'd be delighted to see them break theirs soon after.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:Completely disagree with that attitude - the Bulldogs have been competition battlers like us for years. If anything we should be supporting them to go on and win it to show the rich dominant clubs that it can be done!
That sounds nice but I don't care about other teams; they have their own supporters for that. I do not have a second favourite team either.

Both clubs are competition underdogs but that is where the comparison ends.

We should have actually won by more than 6 goals.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vazelos
Club Player

I'm with Saintspremiers, I don't care about any other team, it's all about the Saints!!

stkfc1
Club Player

Bunch of sore losers. A couple sitting behind us last night kept bagging us the whole game. Some of the vitriol they were coming out with was hysterical. I didnt say anything till the siren went and then turned around and asked how their 'Million dollar mistake'(Boyd) was going? They sat there sulking like two little kids.Then there was another guy in the car park, having a real tantrum about losing to us. Security had to tell him to settle down. Douchebags.

carn_sainter
Club Player

I don't see any reason to hate on the Dogs. They're a very good team, very hard to play against and admirable in many ways. Beveridge clearly can coach and they have a few players I would love to have at the saints.

All the more reasons to be happy and impressed that the saints outplayed them on a night when they were on their game. Stiff to be a couple of men down in the last but that's not at all what decided the match.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I can understand Beveridge being somewhat down after the game but Jesus have you watched his presser? Sook City.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
supersaints
Club Player

Didn't talk about the game in his presser ... Just the injuries, was sooking

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

The only non rich, non-dominant power club I want to show it's possible to win that flag is us. I am willing to put up the with that pain and sacrifice, for the sake of setting the example for all the other battling clubs. Then I'll be even happier, if history shows we were the only battling, non dominant, non rich club that did it a few times, when none of the others could. As Jiggster might say, " to hell with the rest", especially a mob that has been so vicious in disrespecting our club and its great captain.

Winmar
Club Player

I like them as a club, but a lot of their fans have been pigs towards us. They seem to have a chip on their shoulder, especially re 2009, even though we were clearly the best side of the course of that season.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I don't support or care for any other club... They could go under for all I care.

Their supporters are dickheads who bag Nick Riewoldt for 120 minutes (hilarious because he dined out on their s*** defenders) all because they blame him for losing a prelim

They are perennial losers