Changes V Tiges

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

Changes V Tiges

Out :McKenzie,Wright and Billings

In: Geary, Webster and Sinclair

* Longer for Hickey (if his ankle doesn't come good)

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Changes V Tiges

Out don't disagree with your outs not sure on the number it's time to freshen up.

Out also Anyone who needs surgery that could delay pre season

Rest Hickey for the last two and play the fittest ruckman , or even two ruckmen

It's a hard time cause coaches don't want to have bad losses at the end of the season so AR will field a competitive side , not going to learn a lot in two weeks

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
#gosaintas
Club Player

I'd rather see Pierce play than Longer
Eli needs to play
Even Shenton has earned a game

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:It's a hard time cause coaches don't want to have bad losses at the end of the season so AR will field a competitive side , not going to learn a lot in two weeks
Losses the next two weeks will be disastrous for membership leading into 2017. We want to be seen as the team most likely next season, even though Saturday night showed we have a way to go.

Two will have to make way for Geary and Webster (who I heard was very good for Sandringham).

I hope Hickey comes up. We looked hopeless with him on one leg in the second half Saturday, like a rudderless ship.

We don't want an embarrassing loss to the Tiggas. I couldn't cop their gloating supporters.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 15 Aug 2016 10:02am, edited 2 times in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I still think the youngens have to earn their spots in the side. and the ones that have retain their spots.

Order of merit.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Out: hickey, fisher, armo (he looked very sore)
In: pierce, Webster, geary

Fisher to come back in for farewell game in the last round. Could make the case for Minch, Mackenzie, billings going out, but they are the future and must be given the chance to iron out inconsistency in the 1's. Acres is a good example of that in the latter half of the season...now bearing fruit.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Final chance over... Play some kids. Let's see NOK, White, Rice & Holmes in. Will not do us any harm.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Surely the Minch experiment is over, he's simply not good enough at AFL level, tries his guts out but doesn't offer anywhere near enough. Billings needs to do more
Out: Minchinton, Billings, Fisher (Inj), Hickey (Inj)
In: Webster, Shenton, Lee, Pierce

Big job for Lewey as number 1 ruck but I think theres more scope with him rather than Billy

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

BringBackMadDog wrote:Surely the Minch experiment is over, he's simply not good enough at AFL level, tries his guts out but doesn't offer anywhere near enough. Billings needs to do more
Out: Minchinton, Billings, Fisher (Inj), Hickey (Inj)
In: Webster, Shenton, Lee, Pierce

Big job for Lewey as number 1 ruck but I think theres more scope with him rather than Billy
Pierce is still young enough to come good, he is the future.
Longer and Holmes haven't come on (IMHO) or they would be pressing for seniors more often, so they, like Lee, are not part of the future.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bergsone
SS Life Member

On form at sandy,you would reckon Shenton will come in

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Richo walks into his bedroom on Wed night, the night before selection, after a tough day on the training track. He stops dead in his tracks when on his bed he sees a strange disheveled man strumming a guitar surrounded by 10 others bound up inside canvas bags

"Oh ello Richo. It's me Bluthy and these are some of my saintsational mates. We're staging a bed-in to protest your lack of bold team rotations this year and how you are restricting the club. Sorry to 'bag' you, heh, heh... 1, 2, 3...lets hit it...."

"Everybody talking about 1 ruck
or 2 rucks
How Bruce is f%^ked
In the ruck
And Holmesy sucks
And Billy's out of luck

ALL WE ARE SAYING, IS GIVE PIERCE A CHANCE
ALL WE ARE SAYING (EVERYONE) IS GIVE PIERCE A CHANCE"

Richo grabs Bluthy by the collar and hauls him out

Bluthy: "Ah yes your tackling obsession again hey Richo. Ow my shoulder, just like Dunny's. Number 9...number 9...number 9....I know you want to finish 9th Richo but give this year up - we say we want a revolution, well you know, we all want to see you change the team. Imagine there's no Dempster, its easy if you try...I read the team sheet today oh boy...."

Richo hurls Bluthy out of the front door. Rings the police "Hello police? My house has just been broken into by protesters. What are they protesting about? Well I think they were babbling on about my lack of rotations in the team this year. Well yes I could have been more experimental I guess but I wanted to install a winning culture. Yes I realise Hawks struggled early and Clarkson was almost sacked but I'm doing it my way. Yes I realise Eli has been playing well in the two's and deserves a go...sweet jesus!"

Richo bangs the phone down, starts softly singing "Christ you know it aint easy..."

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

They're going to crucify you, Bluthy

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:They're going to crucify you, Bluthy
I'll just let it be.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
bigcarl wrote:They're going to crucify you, Bluthy
I'll just let it be.
Imagine all the ruckman...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Richo walks into his bedroom on Wed night, the night before selection, after a tough day on the training track. He stops dead in his tracks when on his bed he sees a strange disheveled man strumming a guitar surrounded by 10 others bound up inside canvas bags

"Oh ello Richo. It's me Bluthy and these are some of my saintsational mates. We're staging a bed-in to protest your lack of bold team rotations this year and how you are restricting the club. Sorry to 'bag' you, heh, heh... 1, 2, 3...lets hit it...."

or 2 rucks
How Bruce is f%^ked
In the ruck
And Holmesy sucks
And Billy's out of luck

Bluthy: "Ah yes your tackling obsession again hey Richo. Ow my shoulder, just like Dunny's. Number 9...number 9...number 9....I know you want to finish 9th Richo but give this year up - we say we want a revolution, well you know, we all want to see you change the team. Imagine there's no Dempster, its easy if you try...I read the team sheet today oh boy...."

Richo hurls Bluthy out of the front door. Rings the police "Hello police? My house has just been broken into by protesters. What are they protesting about? Well I think they were babbling on about my lack of rotations in the team this year. Well yes I could have been more experimental I guess but I wanted to install a winning culture. Yes I realise Hawks struggled early and Clarkson was almost sacked but I'm doing it my way. Yes I realise Eli has been playing well in the two's and deserves a go...sweet jesus!"

Richo bangs the phone down, starts softly singing "Christ you know it aint easy..."
POV aside... I hope ppl can really appreciate the creativity of this post. Who would have thought we'd get a John Lennon reference tonight

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Great work Bluthy.

Very funny and clever.....

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy, aka the long and whining rogue

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy Bluthy Bluthy.
You are a bloody genius! Anyone who doesn't appreciate your creative talents is a bum.
Love your work. Merging Saints talk with a Beatles themed musical drama is very entertaining.
Your talent is wasted on here.
Poster of the year surely Mods?

The 10 blokes in canvas bags does seem like a large band but the idea did have me chuckling.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Outs based on injury management rather than form. Ins based on form at Sandy to cover sore or injured players.
I would say - at a pinch:
Outs
Geary - another week with his back
Joey with a leg (he was limping quite badly)
Hickey - ankle
Fish - hamstring
Armo - knee/soreness
Roo - leg injury he's been carrying since Crows game
Ins
Shenton
Eli
NOK
Lewis Pierce
Holmes
Webster
I appreciate that this might make Saturday difficult but a lot of our guys were playing sore Saturday night and if we risk them again it may end in tears for us.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Mon 15 Aug 2016 9:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Out :McKenzie,Wright and Billings

In: Geary, Webster and Sinclair

* Longer for Hickey (if his ankle doesn't come good)
I want Billings to play the season out in the seniors. He has an opportunity to finish off the season on a high with the opposition we are playing. We may not beat Richmond, but I think Billings will still go alright against them.
I am not a fan of playing injured players, so guys who have carrying injuries should be managed.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Mon 15 Aug 2016 9:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
To the top
SS Life Member

My expectation from here is that we win the final 2 games easily, finish 2016 with 12 wins and 10 losses, equal 8th with NM (Melbourne losing to Geelong) but out of the finals on percentage only.

That is the spring board for 2017 - and a return to September action.

And it is the reason the Club will attract the player (s) it requires from opposition sides.

The pressure that will be on these players in 2017 courtesy of expectation starts now.

So forget this nonsense of "giving kids their first game to see what they can do" or the likes of Templeton getting another game to again show he is not at AFL standard.

We need our best side on the park, delivering expected wins.

Injuries apart, it is only those who failed to perform last week who would be in danger of being replaced - BUT we had very few contributors in the VFL loss so who comes up apart from Webster?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Bluthy Bluthy Bluthy.
You are a bloody genius! Anyone who doesn't appreciate your creative talents is a bum.
Love your work. Merging Saints talk with a Beatles themed musical drama is very entertaining.

What should the prize be?

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Bluthy wrote:Richo walks into his bedroom on Wed night, the night before selection, after a tough day on the training track. He stops dead in his tracks when on his bed he sees a strange disheveled man strumming a guitar surrounded by 10 others bound up inside canvas bags

or 2 rucks
How Bruce is f%^ked
In the ruck
And Holmesy sucks
And Billy's out of luck

Very Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds stuff Bluthy, thoroughly enjoyed it

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

st.byron wrote:

how about spelling out his name in LED lights, strung from the Jihad roof?, perhaps :lol:
bluthy in the sky with diamonds?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:

Send him somewhere for a year - a free holiday.

Preferably somewhere with no internet connection.