Jarryd Roughead Wins His Fight Against the Big C

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Jarryd Roughead Wins His Fight Against the Big C

Great news. What an absolute trooper. A treasure of the game. And before any of you say it isn't St.Kilda FC related, let's not forget that he has been helping Hugh Goddard out on dealing with a torn Achilles.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-06/j ... fl/8097196

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Stian
Club Player

Re: Jarryd Roughead Wins His Fight Against the Big C

I'm very pleased by that news. I have a lot of respect for him - both in the way that he plays and in the fact that he seems to be a nice, humble sort of bloke.

ctqs
Club Player

Good on him! May his good health continue.
I was talking to someone from Cancer Council Victoria yesterday who said the five-year survival rates are now something between 64 and 67 per cent for all cancers, whereas only a couple of decades ago it was below 50 per cent.
Even though Roughy's cancer wasn't bowel-related I'm still going to mention this by way of a community service announcement. The fellow I spoke to also said bowel cancer is Victoria's second biggest cancer killer but doesn't have to be. He said somethlng like 90 per cent of bowel cancers can be cured if found early, but only 38 per cent of eligible people have the screening done.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Let's hope he stays in remission. Interesting news article doing the rounds. A fruit in a tree found only in tropical Quensland shows great promise in destroying cancers. An extract from the fruit is injected directly into tumours and they literally shrivel up and die within 48 hours. No surgery required. The fruit extract triggers the immune system into attacking the tumours. It has now moved to human trials, with some extraordinary successes. It will be especially valuable in treating tumours close to the surface of the body, such as melanoma, breast, head and neck cancers. Great for the elderly who can't take the punishment of chemo, radiation and surgery. What's the bet big pharma buys this out and buries it!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Legend. Probably my favourite outside of St Kilda.