Can we do a rookie upgrade?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Can we do a rookie upgrade?

Now that the Dumpster has dumped himself does that free up a spot on the main list for a rookie upgrade?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Can we do a rookie upgrade?

saintspremiers wrote:Now that the Dumpster has dumped himself does that free up a spot on the main list for a rookie upgrade?
Would hope you would find it in yourself to show a bit more gratitude for a Wonderful club person, but each to their own!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Now that the Dumpster has dumped himself does that free up a spot on the main list for a rookie upgrade?
Would hope you would find it in yourself to show a bit more gratitude for a Wonderful club person, but each to their own!!!!!
???

What are you on about? Who said I'm not grateful?

Ever heard of humour?

Anyway wise one please answer my question or rack off.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
shrodes
SS Life Member

Yes I believe so. Probably upgrade Marshall which is an exciting positive to an otherwise sad event.

Playon
Club Player

If was at your uncles open casket funeral and grabbed your uncles arm and waved it at everybody and in my best impersonation of your uncles voice said " goodbye all have a nice life, I'm out of here". Would that be funny? It is after all humor.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Be wise to wait after this weekend of footy to have a look at all of our rookies in action.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Be wise to wait after this weekend of footy to have a look at all of our rookies in action.
Why rush?

IMO you only elevate if you are going to select the person to play in the first 22. This retains maximum flexibility on who gets elevated. If you elevate now, you may back the wrong horse.

Marshall for example has excited, but he has only played praccie games so far, and this weekend it will be another praccie game for Sandi.

PS: I would assume that as long as Dempter has retired due to medical reasons then we would be clear to elevate a rookie. I do not know all the rules and so it may be that they have to put him on the LTI list for now, and he then retire at the end of the year. You would imagine that there would be an out though when a player is permanently disabled.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:If was at your uncles open casket funeral and grabbed your uncles arm and waved it at everybody and in my best impersonation of your uncles voice said " goodbye all have a nice life, I'm out of here". Would that be funny? It is after all humor.
I don't know about good taste, but one thing's for sure. If you pulled that stunt, no one who witnessed it would ever forget it! I have to confess I did laugh out loud when I read it. I've regained my composure now. Carry on.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
ace
Saintsational Legend

The club will not upgrade anyone from the rookie list until they are going to play in AFL that weekend.
First there is the issue of more pay (and whatever they payout to Dempster still counts in the salary cap).
Then there is the risk that a player upgraded gets injured before being called upon to play AFL but prevents someone else being upgraded.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08