Our coach is using the word unacceptable a lot now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Our coach is using the word unacceptable a lot now

Watch his YouTube coaches message.

Well, Mr Richardson I think you need to grab a mirror.

He says they will leave no stone unturned. I hope that includes himself.

I mean, what hasn’t he tried so far?

Will making wholesale selection changes make any difference?

Does he stop shafting Armo and Marshall??

He’s coming rapidly to a dead end

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our coach is using the word unacceptable a lot now

It’s pleasing that he has a new word.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintbob
SS Life Member

What he should see and say when he looks in the mirror, is f*** I’m an insipid bloke to listen to no wonder my team plays such an insipid brand of football.

Fire up Richo for f*** sake!!
Last edited by saintbob on Sun 29 Apr 2018 10:36am, edited 1 time in total.

saintkid
Club Player

He is not an AFL standard coach. Talks in circles, his game plan makes no sense and his confusing team selections over the last few years speak for themselves.
Unfortunately, he has been locked in, as the 'messiah' coach to bring the club that elusive success by our equally incompetent administration.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:What he should see and say when he looks in the mirror, is f*** I’m an insipid bloke to listen to no wonder my team plays such an insipid brand of football.

Fair points, but that’s not his personality type unfortunately.

The coach I like the most is Chris Scott. He’s analytical but is also open and expressive, and shows a bit of fire at times, but doesn’t go completely nutso.

Richo is pretty much your Elliott Goblett coach.

I just watched his reaction to Membrey’s pathetic missed goal in the second quarter and he looked on in stoned silence.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintkid
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Yep, bland and boring is Richo. First St Kilda coach who put me to sleep while listening to him. As an individual he is far from inspiring, let alone as a leader and coach.

David-Lee
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
saintbob wrote:What he should see and say when he looks in the mirror, is f*** I’m an insipid bloke to listen to no wonder my team plays such an insipid brand of football.

The coach I like the most is Chris Scott. He’s analytical but is also open and expressive, and shows a bit of fire at times, but doesn’t go completely nutso.

I just watched his reaction to Membrey’s pathetic missed goal in the second quarter and he looked on in stoned silence.
We may have had a shot at a new coach with premiership credentials but we won't let go of flogging this dead horse known formerly as Richo

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

We may have had a shot at a new coach with premiership credentials but we won't let go of flogging this dead horse known formerly as Richo
Choco was what I wanted and was expecting as the coach announcement. Interesting how he’s the total opposite personality type to Richo. I reckon CEO’s wouldn’t like working with Choco given his outspoken nature.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Should have given Leigh Tudor a try before hiring Scott Waters and Alan Richardson.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Should have given Leigh Tudor a try before hiring Scott Waters and Alan Richardson.
Yeah maybe. You are looking at the time just after the 2011 finals when Tosser Lyon went to Freo. There are lots of what ifs and we'll never know the answers. Or...how about these unlikely scenarios;

1/ Rooy reckons that after Ro$$ Lyon gave us the toss, Chris Pelchen and the board should have approached all the players like himself ( who were on big coin) and asked them to take paycuts. Rooy reckons it didn't happen and it could/should have and perhaps they could have stayed together with BJ and Dal still in the team. With time healing the wounds of 2010 and a season where we just missed out on finals in 2012, if the club had a different approach rather than cullinng senior players, would things have been different for a united club, coach and team all aiming for finals?

2/ If the club bit the bullet, continuing on the path set by Pelchen, and traded more senior players like Dempster, Schneider, Gilbo, Chips, Joey and perhaps even Rooy at the end of 2014, would we be more advanced in our rebuild rather than where we are now? Can you imagine if we got a fair trade for Rooy and perhaps an extra top 10 draft pick in 2014/2015. I know it would have been hard to swallow, for a year or two, but if we did it with Plugger I'm sure we'd soon get over losing Rooy if we saw development of a good young team. Perhaps we might have had more of a chance to bring in quality Free Agents. Scott Watters would have provided valuable game time to the youth and they'd be more advanced. Maybe Scott and his assistant coaches were better at development than this mob. There would also have been forced change with multiple captains tried out giving new leaders valuable on the job training for when we are ready to be contenders. 2018 could have been the year we got back into finals. Who knows?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Our club would’ve imploded in 2014 had we traded out Roo, Gilbo, Chips and Dempster.

We were already on our knees and doing the above would’ve turned us into a GWS early days player age profile list without a fraction of the first round picks. Would’ve not ended well.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Our club would’ve imploded in 2014 had we traded out Roo, Gilbo, Chips and Dempster.

We were already on our knees and doing the above would’ve turned us into a GWS early days player age profile list without a fraction of the first round picks. Would’ve not ended well.
We wouldn't have imploded if we traded out 2 of them in 2013, and I'm talking about possible scenarios in 2012/2013 and 2014. Did we implode after we traded out Tony Lockett?
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 29 Apr 2018 2:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

St. Paul
Club Player

saintkid wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Yep, bland and boring is Richo. First St Kilda coach who put me to sleep while listening to him. As an individual he is far from inspiring, let alone as a leader and coach.
Elliott Goblett! Pure gold! :D
He's certainly collecting the nicknames. The Milky Bar Kid, then this. I've got to say, Goblett is the clubhouse leader. :D

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Elliot Goblet would/should be offended. I’d say Coach Beige was more the Benny Hill of coaches

Go you red, black & white warriors
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

We also had a shot at John Longmire but picked Ross Lyon instead.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Scollop wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Should have given Leigh Tudor a try before hiring Scott Waters and Alan Richardson.
Yeah maybe. You are looking at the time just after the 2011 finals when Tosser Lyon went to Freo. There are lots of what ifs and we'll never know the answers. Or...how about these unlikely scenarios;

1/ Rooy reckons that after Ro$$ Lyon gave us the toss, Chris Pelchen and the board should have approached all the players like himself ( who were on big coin) and asked them to take paycuts. Rooy reckons it didn't happen and it could/should have and perhaps they could have stayed together with BJ and Dal still in the team. With time healing the wounds of 2010 and a season where we just missed out on finals in 2012, if the club had a different approach rather than cullinng senior players, would things have been different for a united club, coach and team all aiming for finals?

2/ If the club bit the bullet, continuing on the path set by Pelchen, and traded more senior players like Dempster, Schneider, Gilbo, Chips, Joey and perhaps even Rooy at the end of 2014, would we be more advanced in our rebuild rather than where we are now? Can you imagine if we got a fair trade for Rooy and perhaps an extra top 10 draft pick in 2014/2015. I know it would have been hard to swallow, for a year or two, but if we did it with Plugger I'm sure we'd soon get over losing Rooy if we saw development of a good young team. Perhaps we might have had more of a chance to bring in quality Free Agents. Scott Watters would have provided valuable game time to the youth and they'd be more advanced. Maybe Scott and his assistant coaches were better at development than this mob. There would also have been forced change with multiple captains tried out giving new leaders valuable on the job training for when we are ready to be contenders. 2018 could have been the year we got back into finals. Who knows?
Good points. Guess we’ll never know. Where to from here...?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

molly meldrum says
'Richo couldn't inspire you to put the kettle on!'

Haha

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
silverhalo
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote:Elliot Goblet would/should be offended. I’d say Coach Beige was more the Benny Hill of coaches
I see Elliott Goblett most mornings on the train so you'll be happy to know that he is alive and well.