Big Statement

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Big Statement

OK, here's my big statement for the day:

A midfield/ onball group of Ross, Steven, Dunstan, Acres, Sinclair, Armo and Stevens will never take us deep into any finals, let alone get us there- I've seen enough. We need to rebuild the midfield, get as many games as possible into Clark, and just bring in whatever midfield talent is bubbling underneath and get games into them too, and then look to recruit some kind of class in that area over the next couple of years. This obviously will never happen, and I don't know what lies ahead after five years of Richardson's coaching where we have gone exactly nowhere.

There ya go.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Big Statement

Can’t win a flag whilst Geary remains on the list. I’m not picking on just him as such- but he represents exactly the lack of kicking skills and lack of football class on our list.

There ya go.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
portosaint
Club Player

spert wrote:OK, here's my big statement for the day:

A midfield/ onball group of Ross, Steven, Dunstan, Acres, Sinclair, Armo and Stevens will never take us deep into any finals, let alone get us there- I've seen enough. We need to rebuild the midfield, get as many games as possible into Clark, and just bring in whatever midfield talent is bubbling underneath and get games into them too, and then look to recruit some kind of class in that area over the next couple of years. This obviously will never happen, and I don't know what lies ahead after five years of Richardson's coaching where we have gone exactly nowhere.

There ya go.
If only Acres got to play as a midfielder.

And I don't mean pinch hitting as a ruckman :roll:

spert
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Can’t win a flag whilst Geary remains on the list. I’m not picking on just him as such- but he represents exactly the lack of kicking skills and lack of football class on our list.

There ya go.
Yep- we have tolerated poor skills for far too long. Geary was caught watching the game a few times last night, while his direct opponent peeled off, got goal-side and got or set up goals. A fine old mess the club is on.

St. Paul
Club Player

Geary is the captain. AR is the coach. Great blokes. Great triers, but that is all.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
wolfpup
Club Player

I will love st.kilda forever but i feel incredibly dissapointed this year bordering on annoyed

are the players stagnating? if they are not then we simply don't have the cattle, we are screwed. i thought we had young players ready to announce themselves and was looking forward to proving the doubters wrong by making finals.

i am not sure if its the coach or game plan (dont know but 5 or 7 goals is a freaking joke), it looks like the cattle.

this might take years to solve.

carlisle is our only a grade player.

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We need to FRO Richo & Trout firstly.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Towards the end of last year Gresh was spending sometime in the middle and was effective. Haven't seen him there sll year.
But here is a damning statement of our midfield, Seb Ross is suppose to be one of our elite midfielders, and he is good. However, in 87 games he's only managed 13 goals and there is our problem, no midfield goalkickers. Mind you right now we don't have any goalkickers.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote:Towards the end of last year Gresh was spending sometime in the middle and was effective. Haven't seen him there sll year.
But here is a damning statement of our midfield, Seb Ross is suppose to be one of our elite midfielders, and he is good. However, in 87 games he's only managed 13 goals and there is our problem, no midfield goalkickers. Mind you right now we don't have any goalkickers.
I think we have over-rated some of our players, and now under the pump, some have been found wanting.

St Lenny
Club Player

One player that drives me to dispair is Billings. However, he is a No 3 draft pic. Why isn't he a champion? He has been with us 5 years now, is he being coached properly? Seb Ross, good player, should be an absolute superstar. Gresham, Dustan, Acres and others who week in, week out making shocking mistakes, are they useless or being coached properly? Because we have either made some shocking decisions in the recruiting area or these guys are not being coached to reach the bench marks they need for AFL.

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

It's the coaching MORE THAN THE the cattle. However, a lot of the cattle should be marked for the equivalent of AFL's knackery.

Just about every player drafted to the club in the last 5 years is now underperforming compared to their realistic abilities and our expectations. They give a burst of promise, then it it is wiped out of them and they regress to bumbling deskilled witches hats.

Its the same with traded players: burst of promise but then a slow, or rapid, decline to mediocrity. Perhaps Roberton is the exception.

The coaches and the development ethos at St Kilda are just the worst in the league. It has sucked for half a decade. How much longer do we put up with this shyte!?

We are worse now, with more young talent(on paper), than we were in 2014.

Some new ticket with football nowse has to just clean the club out of these non-performing crap coaches and get in someone who can inspire, teach and develop skill, passion and guts.

These coaches may be good guys, but they would not get a job in a league team other than the sheltered workshop that our club has become.

Then clean out the non-skilled, underperforming triers that have represented St Kilda week after week for so long and draft in guys with skill.

So many of these players do not have the basic skills we were taught in primary school. And they never will get them.

How f*&^kin hard can it be to kick a ball when you're on $200K + FFS!

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

They'll make a big statement next sunday !

Then melbourne will win by 6+ goals

In red white and black from 73
stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:Geary is the captain. AR is the coach. Great blokes. Great triers, but that is all.
Serious Question for you Brother Paul, if you were born after 1982, how the hell did you become to love the Big O?????

Just wondering?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
St. Paul
Club Player

It's a scene from a movie, "Little Voice". Michael Caine plays a sleazy entrepreneur who loses everything backing a night club singer. He comes on stage, drunk, embittered, angry and flat broke, grabs the microphone from the host, after punching him in the nose, gets the orchestra to strike up and proceeds to sing the worst version of that great song, finishing by screaming, "It's farking overrrrrrrrrr!" He drops the mike and walks into the arms of the debt collectors and heavies, resigned to his fate. The host, blood streaming from his nose, picks up the mike and says, "And that ladies and gentlemen was the ever adorable Ray Say (Caine's character) with a little song about his showbusiness career called, it's over! Hilarious film. have a look. Anyway, I love the Big O. Great voice. I also love Nat King Cole, Sinatra, The Beatles and Elvis. All way before my time. What's age got to do with it, big fella?

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."