Geary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Whiskey
Club Player

Geary

We will never be good with geary as captain... too many basic errors.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geary

Whiskey wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:18pm We will never be good with geary as captain... too many basic errors.
If only we could graft his heart onto a couple of our high draft picks!

David-Lee
Club Player

Cant bag the captain. Cmon. FfS.
Off limits serious.
Whether he is a very average player who somehow has inspired this team to sh!t on an entire season, is irrelevant....wait a gosh darn minute. I think Richo can add Geary to his end of year why I suck b@lls but deserve to stay presentation....well played Whiskey....you may have just saved our beloved, nay even worshipped Coach.

Milne
Club Player

Wouldn't be Captain anywhere else let alone best 22 in most teams.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Would play for every club in the AFL one of the best lock down defenders in the comp.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
St Loxton
Club Player

Has he ever been in the mix for All Australian?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Jarryn is a great guy.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
elizabethr
Club Player

Dreadful

nothing to say
portosaint
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:48pm Would play for every club in the AFL one of the best lock down defenders in the comp.
Let's face it though... He's not skipper material.

Great lockdown defender, huge heart, atrocious skill set.

Opposition coaches would love the ball in his hands, make no mistake.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe we aren't talking about Weller ?

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Geary was in our best players.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Milne wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:46pm Wouldn't be Captain anywhere else let alone best 22 in most teams.
Best we have in the circumstances. And I can categorically state would be the choice of every player on the list.

portosaint
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 1:18am Can't believe we aren't talking about Weller ?
Do we really need to?

Huff and puff.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Deplorable skills
Not gonna challenge big boys carrying turn over merchants like this - captain or not

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Wtf is the matter with some of you? Every player turns it over a few times a game, even the stars

Cripps does. Kade Simpson has played 300 games and he has a reputaion for turning it over but you take the good and his strengths and positive contribution to team over a few mistakes. Even Chris Judd and Nick Riewoldt made mistakes

ace
Saintsational Legend

Whiskey wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:18pm We will never be good with geary as captain... too many basic errors.

The ultimate trier but every game he makes some almighty clangers.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Problem is plenty of his clangers are when he’s under no physical pressure.

They can be real momentum breakers.

He has a heart bigger than Phar Lap though.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Since becoming captain he has been playing a much more prominent/attacking role and that is not a good thing. Geary is excellent at shutting out the opposition's best small forward but with his new more attacking mindset his defensive work has dropped off and he is a liability with the ball in hand. I'd like to see him return to a pure lockdown role ala Nick Smith while our better ball users are the ones rebounding from defence

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Pack of sheep some of you lot. Baa Geary baa turns the baa ball over

Quite certain you don,t actually watch games just listen to social media

Last night he had one terrible turnover when the game was dead in the last quarter. A couple of other disposals didn’t hit marks ( as with every other player), and if you want to prove me wrong go back through the game and list his disposals and what he did. Otherwise shut up and stop rabbiting on with rubbish we have heard for 8 years

Enough
Fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Geary would be a lock for every top four team going into a final series. Locks down and nullifies the oppisition best small forward.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Leo.J
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 10:32am Pack of sheep some of you lot. Baa Geary baa turns the baa ball over

Last night he had one terrible turnover when the game was dead in the last quarter. A couple of other disposals didn’t hit marks ( as with every other player), and if you want to prove me wrong go back through the game and list his disposals and what he did. Otherwise shut up and stop rabbiting on with rubbish we have heard for 8 years

Enough
Fqf
Don’t have social media...except for this.

Does this place count?

There was barely any pressure at times last night, Carlton were insipid. So I don’t think last night is a good measure of a player.

As I mentioned above Geary turns it over ofter while under no physical pressure.

There are turn overs and then there are turn overs. Geary’s turn overs tend to hurt because of when and where they occur. Turn overs that directly result in a goal hurt far more than one that doesn’t. They can be momentum breakers and morale sappers.

The likes of Geary, Gilbert, Savage, and Webster are part of the reason why we have struggled for the last 8 years. Good sides have good ball users in their back half because those kicks exiting defense, especially the first 2 possessions, are the most important in the modern game. They make you or break you.

That’s why Hawthorn had Mitchell, Burgoine and Hodge at half back so much, because they valued that aspect if the game so much.

Geary is awesome defensively, can’t fault him. That’s all that he should be doing though. When we end up with a team with Gilbert, Savage and Webster being pushed out by better ball users and decision makers, and Geary being our small forward stopper we’ll be far better off.

I don’t have a problem with him being captain if he’s our best option, which right now he probably is, but that imo reflects where we are as a team.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Leo.J wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 11:57am

There was barely any pressure at times last night, Carlton were insipid. So I don’t think last night is a good measure of a player.

As I mentioned above Geary turns it over ofter while under no physical pressure.

And there’s my point, in 2018 he has not turned over the ball often and most of his possessions are under pressure.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
saynta
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 10:32am Pack of sheep some of you lot. Baa Geary baa turns the baa ball over

Enough
Fqf

Does this place count?

There are turn overs and then there are turn overs. Geary’s turn overs tend to hurt because of when and where they occur. Turn overs that directly result in a goal hurt far more than one that doesn’t. They can be momentum breakers and morale sappers.

The likes of Geary, Gilbert, Savage, and Webster are part of the reason why we have struggled for the last 8 years. Good sides have good ball users in their back half because those kicks exiting defense, especially the first 2 possessions, are the most important in the modern game. They make you or break you.

That’s why Hawthorn had Mitchell, Burgoine and Hodge at half back so much, because they valued that aspect if the game so much.

Geary is awesome defensively, can’t fault him. That’s all that he should be doing though. When we end up with a team with Gilbert, Savage and Webster being pushed out by better ball users and decision makers, and Geary being our small forward stopper we’ll be far better off.

I don’t have a problem with him being captain if he’s our best option, which right now he probably is, but that imo reflects where we are as a team.
Geary, Sammy, Savage and Webster, until injured, all had good games last night and were part of the reason we won by over ten goals.

Enjoy the win ffs.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 12:30pm

Enough
Fqf

Does this place count?

Geary, Sammy, Savage and Webster, until injured, all had good games last night and were part of the reason we won by over ten goals.

Enjoy the win ffs.
I am enjoying the win.

What’s that got to do with the above though?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 12:44pm
saynta wrote: Sat 14 Jul 2018 12:30pm

Enough
Fqf

Does this place count?

Enjoy the win ffs.
I am enjoying the win.

What’s that got to do with the above though?
I'm sure you really don't have to askbut this post from kingsaint might give you a clue.

"
KingSaint

Re: Content

"My god there are some miserable sods on this site these days...whinge, whine, complain, pi$$ing and moaning. Yeah it's been a tough season...but how about just enjoying the win...rather than constantly imposing your negative views of the world on the rest of us."