Saw JB last night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Saw JB last night

Was at Golden Orchids with what looked like family and friends, potentially school friends
He looks so young, still a teenager in appearance. Makes me think he’s a late maturer, could bode well for the future

Think he was saying farewell to golden orchids..as we all were...sad to see an institution like that fold

Anyway take it with a grain but I cheekily said ‘you’re not leaving Moorabbin are you jack’ and he replied saying not a chance mate, not a chance

#1 Ryder fan
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saw JB last night

Yeah he still looks like a timid school boy out on the field, that's not a knock on him, merely an observation, you get the feeling that he still doesn't feel like he belongs on an AFL field. I reckon it's coming though.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Yes - I saw a clip of him on footy clas. last night and he said he was 100% a saints man and couldn't wait to get stuck into the pre-season (or words to that effect) - so got to take him at his word. Can only assume his "wish-I-wasn't-here" demeanour is just a personality trait! Well good - helps me look forward to next year too!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully the club doesn't push him out chasing another rainbow.

Sign him up for another 5.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Cairnsman wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 9:18am Yeah he still looks like a timid school boy out on the field, that's not a knock on him, merely an observation, you get the feeling that he still doesn't feel like he belongs on an AFL field. I reckon it's coming though.
+1

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Trade bait.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 9:23am Yes - I saw a clip of him on footy clas. last night and he said he was 100% a saints man and couldn't wait to get stuck into the pre-season (or words to that effect) - so got to take him at his word. Can only assume his "wish-I-wasn't-here" demeanour is just a personality trait! Well good - helps me look forward to next year too!
That demeanour can be interpreted a number of ways. I see Jack as a someone who as a kid, won everything, was feted for his abilities and future. He has an abundance of skill but has not been able to show it or produce it as often as he'd like. His confidence has taken a few knocks. If he's not off social media, he should be. I've no doubt he believes he should be playing up the ground and helping set up our forward movement and forward entries. His demeanour smacks of someone confused and disappointed as to where he's at and where the club is at. The mark of the kid, now a man, will be how he responds and how hard he works. I hope he spends the pre season with Hannebury, Steele and Steven, pushing each other and dragging Clark, Coffield, Paton, Gresh and (hopefully) Bailey Smith along with them.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I really hope that JB stays a Saint for life. In my humble opinion, with a wee bit of tweaking this side are not THAT far away from lifting themselves up off the canvas and taking the next step. With Roberton, Bruce, among others back in the side, along with new recruits we could see improvement quicker than we all think.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 10:18am I really hope that JB stays a Saint for life. In my humble opinion, with a wee bit of tweaking this side are not THAT far away from lifting themselves up off the canvas and taking the next step. With Roberton, Bruce, among others back in the side, along with new recruits we could see improvement quicker than we all think.
You mean with a new/proper coach?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sanctorum
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 10:18am I really hope that JB stays a Saint for life. In my humble opinion, with a wee bit of tweaking this side are not THAT far away from lifting themselves up off the canvas and taking the next step. With Roberton, Bruce, among others back in the side, along with new recruits we could see improvement quicker than we all think.
Glad to see there are others members/supporters who agree with my unqualified belief that the Saints will bounce back next year. The big improvement is going to come as a result of the major shake-up of the coaching panel.

Alan Richardson has been absolutely crucified on this forum, but no one outside of the footy club would have the faintest clue as to what is going on there, and I have no reason to doubt the club's decision to back him for next season.

Bringing Ratten and Lade in to support Richo is exactly what is needed, and I am confident that these blokes will quickly identify and fix the problems that emerged this year, and bring the best out of the players, especially Jack Billings, Blake Acres, Luke Dunstan and Billie Longer all of whom have been below par this year, but have the potential to become elite.

There are so many posters on this forum that express doom and gloom and hurl invective and abuse at Richardson, the Board and Management, all of which serves no purpose because at the end of the day we, as members and supporters, have no choice but to remain patient and "keep the faith". After 50+ years as a member and supporter, it has always been thus!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Choppa
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:11am
Glad to see there are others members/supporters who agree with my unqualified belief that the Saints will bounce back next year. The big improvement is going to come as a result of the major shake-up of the coaching panel.

Alan Richardson has been absolutely crucified on this forum, but no one outside of the footy club would have the faintest clue as to what is going on there, and I have no reason to doubt the club's decision to back him for next season.

Bringing Ratten and Lade in to support Richo is exactly what is needed, and I am confident that these blokes will quickly identify and fix the problems that emerged this year, and bring the best out of the players, especially Jack Billings, Blake Acres, Luke Dunstan and Billie Longer all of whom have been below par this year, but have the potential to become elite.

There are so many posters on this forum that express doom and gloom and hurl invective and abuse at Richardson, the Board and Management, all of which serves no purpose because at the end of the day we, as members and supporters, have no choice but to remain patient and "keep the faith". After 50+ years as a member and supporter, it has always been thus!
Well said

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

John Bonney still looks like a teenager!

Can we fly him in from Tassie every week?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I don’t... but I certainly hope to be wrong and will own it if so

saint-stu
Club Player

Thank you MC Gusto and Freely, you made my day!
Ghost Like wrote: That demeanour can be interpreted a number of ways. I see Jack as a someone who as a kid, won everything, was feted for his abilities and future. He has an abundance of skill but has not been able to show it or produce it as often as he'd like. His confidence has taken a few knocks. If he's not off social media, he should be. I've no doubt he believes he should be playing up the ground and helping set up our forward movement and forward entries. His demeanour smacks of someone confused and disappointed as to where he's at and where the club is at. The mark of the kid, now a man, will be how he responds and how hard he works. I hope he spends the pre season with Hannebury, Steele and Steven, pushing each other and dragging Clark, Coffield, Paton, Gresh and (hopefully) Bailey Smith along with them.
I think you're right Ghost Like. I remember watching him play for Sandy in his first year. He seemed frustrated when the team wasn't playing well because he's used to succeeding. He kicked 5 goals in the second half of that game.

1ac46a38
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I think he genuinely lacks confidence.
One day, he will feel like he actually belongs in the AFL and genuinely believe he can change the course of a game.
When that day comes, he will elevate his game to AA status. He will nail more goals than he misses. He will be our best player.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

An incredibly objective and well articulated view.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

“Unqualified belief”.

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Not long ago I was of the opinion that he should be traded, but have changed my tune as he's one of our few players with unique foot skills. I think under the right guidance he will come of age. Hopefully a late bloomer.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

St. Kilda FC is a very poorly administered club and the board needs to be accountable for this.

Calling it as we see it!

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We have a coach with a win ratio of 33% and who has been somehow extended but supporters somehow cant find a way to doubt the clubs decision...
It’s why we have 1 flag in 150 years....

“Yeah….nah””
guitars4
Club Player

What happened to Billing 's requesting a trade if Richo was still coaching just a couple of weeks ago ? Has he been chatted or was it a total fabrication ? Hard to know what to believe but I really don't agree with your love for Richo IMO he has lost the respect of the player & the fans so I think he's a dead man walking the only reason he is still there is because we can't afford to get rid of him .

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:03pm

We have a coach with a win ratio of 33% and who has been somehow extended but supporters somehow cant find a way to doubt the clubs decision...
now it's the supporters' fault?

SaintNo4

At no time this season that I'm aware of did the Saints go onto the field not full of endeavour. For Richo to keep that going in a season with only 4 wins says a lot. Also that guys like Kobi Stevens saying on departure he had plenty of belief in the saints future. Rattan and Lade should be a big help to Richo.
To me the problem has been the recruiting. I can never remember a time before where there were really no champions in the side.
Trade McCartin for Hannabury ASAP.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

freely wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 9:25am
Teflon wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:03pm
now it's the supporters' fault?
I think some - not all
Since some members of my family have been born and gone to 3 stkilda GF appearances
We have lost
Clearly not players / coaches. / Club admin fault
Just saying

Seeya
bigred
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:17pm

What happened to Billing 's requesting a trade if Richo was still coaching just a couple of weeks ago ? Has he been chatted or was it a total fabrication ? Hard to know what to believe but I really don't agree with your love for Richo IMO he has lost the respect of the player & the fans so I think he's a dead man walking the only reason he is still there is because we can't afford to get rid of him .
Because most of what you read on here is 99.975% horse apples... Especially at this time of year.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....