Richo.......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Richo.......

Time to go. Seriously...how many more games of that shite do we have to suffer through. Embarrassing he has survived this long.

While I’m at it...
Dunstan - list clogger of the highest order
Newnes - been there far too long for zero return. Incredibly disappointing player
Long - overhyped player. A tackle and fluke goal with5 possessions every week doesn’t cut it!!!
Kent - not much of a fan, too slow, cannot kick!! An arsey goal again doesn’t cut it!!
Phillips - typical we get the dud brother. I lost count of the times he turned it over

I could go on....so over these bulltish performances year in year out.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Re: Richo.......

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 11:31am Time to go. Seriously...how many more games of that shite do we have to suffer through. Embarrassing he has survived this long.

While I’m at it...
Dunstan - list clogger of the highest order
Newnes - been there far too long for zero return. Incredibly disappointing player
Long - overhyped player. A tackle and fluke goal with5 possessions every week doesn’t cut it!!!
Kent - not much of a fan, too slow, cannot kick!! An arsey goal again doesn’t cut it!!
Phillips - typical we get the dud brother. I lost count of the times he turned it over

I could go on....so over these bulltish performances year in year out.
Dunstan one our best last night
Kent second highest goal scorer for the club

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

The only two last night that were any good were Billing’s and Bruce.

Dunstan, slow, cannot kick or hit a target to save himself.
25 years old = 7 years of a absolute junk.

You cut losses at this level, should’ve been gone 2 years ago. We’ll stink until we ditch these type of players and bring in players who can move and have skill

twirlyhair
Club Player

Dunstan BOG for saints last night .

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Annoyedsaint, welcome to Saintsational! Your fist day of posting - along with your tag - suggests you might be a troll. Which club do you actually follow if not StKilda?

Saint supporter since '62
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

My mistake, Annoyedsaint - you actually joined the forum last October when you had a much different opinion of our coach:

Still don't have a single name of any Saints player that has wanted to leave under Richo's watch. 5 years now. Coming on 6. Still don't have anything (other than normal stuff) as to why a host of players have decided and were happy to switch over to the Saints under Richo's watch. 5 years now too. ...

So, why are you such an annoyed saint when have won 4 of 8? Better than the 4 of 22 we had won when you gave Richo that glowing endorsement, I would have thought.

Saint supporter since '62
ss1986
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 11:59am My mistake, Annoyedsaint - you actually joined the forum last October when you had a much different opinion of our coach:

Still don't have a single name of any Saints player that has wanted to leave under Richo's watch. 5 years now. Coming on 6. Still don't have anything (other than normal stuff) as to why a host of players have decided and were happy to switch over to the Saints under Richo's watch. 5 years now too. ...

So, why are you such an annoyed saint when have won 4 of 8? Better than the 4 of 22 we had won when you gave Richo that glowing endorsement, I would have thought.
Maybe because he can see that 4 wins is like putting lipstick on a pig....

Gold Coast, Melbourne, Hawthorn and Essendon- all distinctly average teams... in fact, they are absolute garbage, and if we DIDNT beat them looking at the way they are performing, you’d be mightily hacked off.

The jungle drums are getting louder.....

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

A tad harsh blaming the coach....we were against last years premier with a seriously depleted injury list.

Thought Dunstan was good and Phillips was OK, of course it would preferable to field our 'A' grade players, but sadly we don't have any in the 2nds.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Cho has got to go!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Sadly we never draft any good ones either.

Trev from the bush 🥴
Please, I bet I’ve been a member longer than you and go to more games than you. We played so poorly, scoreboard never reflected the game. Shows WCE aren’t much chop by only winning by 18 points. I went home feeling like that was a 80 point loss.

We’ve won 4 games....yay.
Might be 7-8 at end of year...again, yay.

Show me finals and something that can be sustained and I’ll be happy.
8 years and counting.....5 under this current watch.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

I’d check your facts as well Trev, grabbing quotes that aren’t mine, you might want to look at the reply instead.
Back to the drawing board.

ss1986
Club Player

No one, particularly Teddy bear, can answer:

How many AFL clubs would poach Richo from us?

Silence is perhaps the answer anyway.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 12:05pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 11:59am My mistake, Annoyedsaint - you actually joined the forum last October when you had a much different opinion of our coach:

Gold Coast, Melbourne, Hawthorn and Essendon- all distinctly average teams... in fact, they are absolute garbage, and if we DIDNT beat them looking at the way they are performing, you’d be mightily hacked off.

While I may agree with the general sentiments of your post I do need to disagree with one point - as a St Kilda barracker throughout the late 70's and 80's it was of the utmost importance to me that we beat Hawthorn and Essendon, and Melbourne who also caused us a lot of grief in finals in late 90s mid 2000s. With the injuries we currently have those were all really good wins.
Gold Coast are also a far superior outfit compared to last year.
Those wins are the only reason I am not going postal after last night.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintkev
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 12:06pm A tad harsh blaming the coach....we were against last years premier with a seriously depleted injury list.

Thought Dunstan was good and Phillips was OK, of course it would preferable to field our 'A' grade players, but sadly we don't have any in the 2nds.
Sorry Toy but “a seriously depleted injury list” suggests that we had more fit players to choose from. I think what you meant was that we were seriously depleted by our injury list. 👍

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 12:28pm I’d check your facts as well Trev, grabbing quotes that aren’t mine, you might want to look at the reply instead.
Back to the drawing board.
For you Trev;

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96426&p=1763924#p1763924

Special
Club Player

Cho has to Go

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Richo is a good coach
But for whatever reason he'll never be a great coach .
And great coaches win flags .
We are easy beats interstate.
In 50/50 games we often don't show up ( see last night )
And in games we are expecting to win often are close and scrappy.
In all the time he has been coaching us , these statements haven't changed.
And i can't see them changing until we change the coach .

In red white and black from 73
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Hawthorn beat GWS today and easily. They beat a flag favourite flying and we beat the Hawks.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
guitars4
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 9:45pm

Hawthorn beat GWS today and easily. They beat a flag favourite flying and we beat the Hawks.
All due respect Ted but you & I know thats not how it works & Clarkson is a way better coach than Richo IMO anyway

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

How what works?

We beat Melbourne, Hawthorn and Essendon who are all finals challengers this year. Gold Coast have been a tough opponent for everyone too.

We only just lost to Freo and should have won. Another finals contender.

Plus we we were not far off Adelaide and West Coast who are top 8 sides.

I think we have done well to be 4-4.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
ss1986
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 9:45pm

And we got reamed by GWS just last week. Stop being an absolute peanut.

guitars4
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 10:03pm How what works?

We beat Melbourne, Hawthorn and Essendon who are all finals challengers this year. Gold Coast have been a tough opponent for everyone too.

We only just lost to Freo and should have won. Another finals contender.

Plus we we were not far off Adelaide and West Coast who are top 8 sides.

I think we have done well to be 4-4.
We beat Richmond by 10 goals the year they won the flag & we didn't even make the 8 . :wink:

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Yep and we beat Melbourne last year and they finished top 4. So?

Total = 1.
guitars4
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 12 May 2019 10:15pm Yep and we beat Melbourne last year and they finished top 4. So?
That the point Ted just because you beat a particular team on the day doesn't mean you are a better team in the big picture. We can all judge how well we are going at the end of the season, it's not a sprint more of a marathon plenty of water to flow under the bridge before we start making silly predictions IMO

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

....and we beat Carlton in 1995 when they lost 2 games for the year.....big whoop.

Show me consistent footy and not the dribble that we have to suffer through every week.
We’ve won 3 games under 10 points, 2 of those could have easily been losses and we’d be 3rd last which stacks up with the form. Change is needed ASAP.

Will NOT beat Nth or Carlton playing like last night.