Fat two year contract for Jack on the horizen.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Fat two year contract for Jack on the horizen.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fat two year contract for Jack on the horizen.

GOOD!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We have eight of them. Care to be more specific? The Hun paywall is impassable!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
BarryGrogan
Club Player

I get insulted when someone posts a link to the Herald-Sun, assuming I have a subscription to that s***.

It's like reading Womans Day, or The National Enquirer.

portosaint
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 8:31pm I get insulted when someone posts a link to the Herald-Sun, assuming I have a subscription to that s***.

Insulted because someone posted a link regarding a topic you obviously wished to read. Softly softly people!

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Get insulted all you like! It's not about you it's about Jack Billings. Get the deal done boys!

Saint supporter since '62
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Good. Wouldn’t want to lose him... exactly the type of player that we need another two or three of

BarryGrogan
Club Player

portosaint wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:41pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 8:31pm I get insulted when someone posts a link to the Herald-Sun, assuming I have a subscription to that s***.

Insulted because someone posted a link regarding a topic you obviously wished to read. Softly softly people!
Well yeah.

The link is only accessible if you pay to subscribe ro the Herald-Sun.

Therefore the suggestion clearly is that I'm a mental pygmy.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Good. Seeing you think they only post s*** I won't expand the article as I was going to after bernards post.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Posting a link containing paywall & not providing at the very least a summary. Okay.

Anyway, the most pertinent point is that Jack Billings is close to signing a two year extension. Excellent news.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:29pm Posting a link containing paywall & not providing at the very least a summary. Okay.

Anyway, the most pertinent point is that Jack Billings is close to signing a two year extension. Excellent news.
Be as critial as you like but you can't post a link in an op then click on the link for the purpose of posting the details.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Why only 2 years?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:40pm Why only 2 years?
Because he will be a Free Agent after two years. Most players are timing their contracts to finish when they are a free agent.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Rubyjo
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:40pm Why only 2 years?
Takes him to free agency.. Would have loved 3 years but his manager knows better. If the saints are not contending for finals in two years he will probably leave.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Here is that article from the hun.

Jack Billings is on the brink of signing a lucrative two-year contract extension, fresh from the most dominant performance of his 97-game career.

Billings will not only secure a significant pay rise, the 23-year-old will take his contract status through to free agency at the Saints.

The much-scrutinised wingman kicked two huge late goals as well as recording a career-high tackles, 33 possessions and 169 ranking points.

Billings has been asking for a contract of as much as $800,000 a season, with St Kilda having just secured Jade Gresham on a four-year deal through to 2023.

This year he has kicked 9.4 as well as five total misses, after kicking 43 goals, 67 behinds and having 19 misses in the previous three years at a 33 per cent accuracy rate.
Jack Billings was the difference for St Kilda against Gold Coast. Picture: Alix Sweeney

The Saints will consider selecting Dan Hannebery and Jake Carlisle against Brisbane this week as Alan Richardson fights for the strong finish to his season that could secure his tenure for 2020.

Max King said he had feared he had done his ACL with Sunday’s heavy fall, with the club doctor initially fearing he might have ripped the graft.

But King was on Monday diagnosed with a six-week ankle injury after secondary scans the day after being cleared of an ACL tear.

The syndesmosis injury, or high ankle sprain, will keep him out until around Round 20 just as he was approaching his debut with the senior side.

“Yeah, it didn’t feel great. I just landed on it really poorly but it’s a sign the knee held up structurally. (It) was a bit of a scary moment though,” King said.
Max King lands awkwardly on his reconstructed right knee on Sunday. Pic: Michael Klein

The laxity in King’s knee immediately after he crashed to the turf meant he and his family had fears he had again ruptured his ACL.

Hannebery covered the ground well in his 23-possession VFL game, but again kicked the ball poorly with 45 per cent efficiency after 40 per cent efficiency in his first game for Sandringham.

He is a certainty to take on the Lions, while Richardson indicated Carlisle could be a chance to play AFL after 15 possessions, eight intercept possessions and three intercept marks for the Zebras.

The club has sent Paddy McCartin to America for testing on his concussion at the Neurological Wellness Institute.

Richardson will need to finish out the season strongly to keep his job, aware the club is still assessing his performance despite a clause in his contract for 2020.

He will coach his 123rd game with St Kilda this week, equal with Grant Thomas and behind only Allan Jeans (333 games), with the veteran coach yet to take the Saints into a final.
Simon Lethlean chats with Paddy McCartin, who has headed to the US. Pic: AFL Photos

Chief executive Matt Finnis said recently it was “unedifying” that Richardson had been put under pressure in media reports, but the last 10 weeks of the season are clearly crucial.

Richardson said on SEN he felt confident about his coaching future.

“I have regular catch-ups with Matt Finnis about the performance of the team, about my performance, about KPIs, I’ll obviously keep those between myself and the footy club, but contact and conversation is ongoing and that’s been really strong,” he said.

“It gives you confidence that everyone’s heading the same way and the biggest focus has really been on the team and that’s my job. There’s a lot of confidence in the coaching team.”

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Sheez - I was hoping for a bit of precision kicking from Hannebery. Should be interesting.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:10pm Sheez - I was hoping for a bit of precision kicking from Hannebery. Should be interesting.
Leg muscles were reported to require "rebuilding". Not sure Hannas can get back to the player he used to be

I'd rather the fitter blokes in Paton, Clark, Coff, or Phillips. Make Hannas realise there will not be an easy entry back to the seniors

Our other warrior on the list in David Armitage is also showing signs of severe wear and tear. Both seem to have lost their power and burst speed. Perhaps endurance also affected.

There is a dilemna when you play older blokes who looked cooked and whether they become a liability on the field in the seniors rather than an asset. We controlled the footy with the game being played mostly in our forward line in that last quarter. There remains a risk with Armo and Hannas if they can't run for the full 4 quarters