Alan Will Call it Himself.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HighettMan
Club Player

Alan Will Call it Himself.

A decent man. He was just waiting until finals were absolutely not possible is my opinion.

He will do what is right for the club. He has set up a great legacy and developed a really good list that is within striking distance.

We need to recruit some midfielders that can come straight into the best 22. This list is cherry ripe now and failure to get said midfielders will be more of a setback than finding a replacement for Alan.

Timing is crucial when pulling the threads together for the sum of all parts and if we miss out on said midfielders this trade period then I will be concerned.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Alan Will Call it Himself.

HighettMan wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:00pm Timing is crucial when pulling the threads together for the sum of all parts and if we miss out on said midfielders this trade period then I will be concerned.
Surely talks would have been well advanced with a number of player managers by now, it would be valuable for the club to make a statement that we're serious about improvement and not just maintaining the status quo right now.

ss1986
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:00pm A decent man. He was just waiting until finals were absolutely not possible is my opinion.

He will do what is right for the club. He has set up a great legacy and developed a really good list that is within striking distance.

We need to recruit some midfielders that can come straight into the best 22. This list is cherry ripe now and failure to get said midfielders will be more of a setback than finding a replacement for Alan.

Timing is crucial when pulling the threads together for the sum of all parts and if we miss out on said midfielders this trade period then I will be concerned.
OP is made up BS. Yet again.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Why get good midfielders in, if you're just going to coach them to bomb it to the hot spot time and time again?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully this week

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:05pm
HighettMan wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:00pm A decent man. He was just waiting until finals were absolutely not possible is my opinion.

OP is made up BS. Yet again.
A nice systems theory approach but......am looking vainly for evidence of a great legacy. I guess it’s under the same rock as the evidence that he’s a ‘great leader’.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We have good players and a lot of talent. The problem is that Richo's legacy has created too many players with bad habits. Billings and Ross come to mind for their penchant for bruise free footy. Jade Gresham is one that comes to mind for burning his forwards or refusing to dish it off to maintain possession in the midfield

After Gresh's freak goal against Geelong in his first season when he sidestepped, fended off and snapped from the pocket he should have been pulled aside. If Cho had told him that he'd be dropped if he didn't play the percentages and pass the footy to his team mates in a better position then he wouldn't have continued playing selfish footy over the last 2+ years

Gresh been on the end of some very good passages of play from his team mates like the snap on goal against the Gold Coast last year in the dying minutes which probably saved Richo from getting the arse in 2018. Gresh is definitely one of our most talented players, but the discipline and the team first mentality is missing.

When he tries to baulk three opponenets from 55 metres out or tries to fend off when he is surrounded by defenders, who is responsible for that?
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Richo’s legacy is condemning the club to 6 years of garbage. That’s being kind as well.

HighettMan
Club Player

bassoon wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:14pm If he was really decent, he would have resigned at the end of 2018.
He can't coach, and cannot develop players.
The last five and a half years have been an absolute waste.
Anyone that claims Alan cant develop players doesn't know much about football. A ridiculous thing to say.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Alan will hang on to the end like the cockroach he is.
Gotta step on him repeatedly until it finally dies.
Then flick it in the bin where it belongs

<1 week ban for demeaning an official - severe category>

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

HighettMan wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:20pm
bassoon wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:14pm If he was really decent, he would have resigned at the end of 2018.
Anyone that claims Alan cant develop players doesn't know much about football. A ridiculous thing to say.
He might be able to develop them to become decent humans but he sure as hell can't coach them

His time is up - just do it and let's move on

Fatten to see out the season

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

bassoon wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:24pm Well done Highett Man - another bait attacking somebody's knowledge, opinion, etc. etc.
I've never been banned on this site - but I will probably be now.
You and Ted are absolute arsewipes who can't hold a decent discussion without your nasty spiteful comments.
How about the two of you go f*** yourselves repeatedly.
Can this be superliked?
Automatic life membership should be awarded.
Well played sir 👏👏

HighettMan
Club Player

bassoon wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:24pm Well done Highett Man - another bait attacking somebody's knowledge, opinion, etc. etc.
You and Ted are absolute arsewipes who can't hold a decent discussion without your nasty spiteful comments.
I hope you don't get banned. You shouldn't be banned for being emotional but you should expect to be called out for saying silly things.

Cordz2
Club Player

Wanker

Special
Club Player

Agree. You could report the OP as trolling, which it is.

Problem is the halfwits you mention could report back and then it’s Umpires Call as to what happens next

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

No he won't. Incompetents over rate themselves and he has nothing else to do. Surely there is no suggestion now that we Saints can possibly make the finals in 2019. Two games and percentage out with 13 teams in front already, away games to Geelong and Adelaide. What team's place could we possibly take. Even the magic pudding's calculator would show an error message trying to round up the number from that algorithm to equal zero let alone more. He has to be told contract renewal is now not a possibility for him - he won't jump. Look for the phase "mutually agree to part ways".

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

are you Simon Lethlean?
wasnt your mate's son Daniel supposed to, on the money you have him on, settle our midfield issues?

The StKFC is not your plaything to bulls*** us with

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:40pm

Problem is the halfwits you mention could report back and then it’s Umpires Call as to what happens next
Regarding OP as trolling - pitched in line. Impact in line. Hitting stumps. Clearly trolling.

HighettMan
Club Player

HardSaint wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:45pm

are you Simon Lethlean?
wasnt your mate's son Daniel supposed to, on the money you have him on, settle our midfield issues?

I'm not Simon but we drink at the same pub in Ivanhoe.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:25pm
He might be able to develop them to become decent humans but he sure as hell can't coach them

Good call. Am sure he’s a fine fella. Doesn’t make him a leader or good coach - of which he is neither.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:47pm
Special wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:40pm

Regarding OP as trolling - pitched in line. Impact in line. Hitting stumps. Clearly trolling.
If we are using cricket analogies, he needs to be beamed repeatedly from 2m over the crease, cop a dick ball then get given out LBW when pitching a foot outside leg.
Then finally told to tell his story walking and eff off!
Last edited by Annoyedsaint on Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

seano1
Club Player

I think they are pondering if we get rid of richo now they would have to get Rats to coach out the year ....but if he wants scott to coach next year he will want richo to see out the year cause he wouldn’t want rats to turn us around in the caretaker mode

HighettMan
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:50pm
Devilhead wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:25pm

Good call. Am sure he’s a fine fella. Doesn’t make him a leader or good coach - of which he is neither.
Hi SB, how is the weather in Nimbin today.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

seano1 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:54pm I think they are pondering if we get rid of richo now they would have to get Rats to coach out the year ....but if he wants scott to coach next year he will want richo to see out the year cause he wouldn’t want rats to turn us around in the caretaker mode
That could rob us of the chance of finishing the year on a high note

ss1986
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:49pm
HardSaint wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:45pm

are you Simon Lethlean?

I'm not Simon but we drink at the same pub in Ivanhoe.
Reeeeallly?? Im very nearby... would LOVE to join you both for a beer one night