We need flair!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

leighsaintsince66
Club Player

We need flair!

The most exciting players display tremendous flair which is often instinctual. It was therefore great to see Matty Parker taking speccies, evading tackles, tackling ferociously and kicking goals, especially early this season.
I have also admired the rise of Sydney Stack, although somewhat remotely.
Last Sunday I was interested in a game within a game, a sub plot. Who would show the most flair, Matty Parker or Sydney Stack?
It was clear on this occasion that Sydney Stack displayed the flair and was (unfortunately for us) noticeably exciting and influential, especially early.
My son pointed out that Matty Parker on the other hand, seems to be gradually losing some of his natural flair. Perhaps he is sore or is gradually becoming a role player wiithin the forward setup? I truly hope that he regains his natural flair and brilliance and is encouraged to play more on his instincts. As suffering supporters we need more flair and excitement in our team. Players like Parker should provide this.

leighsaintsince66
Club Player

Re: We need flair!

As mentioned in another post, Nick Hind is another recruit with heaps of flair...Great to watch over the past few weeks. Keep it up, promote it, we need to embrace the flair!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Rick?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Parker is probably tiring a bit. Same as Wilkie. Even though they are mature aged, it's their first AFL season. It's a tough gig getting up every single week like they have. They will be better in 2020.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

As I've mentioned previously ... on Sunday - Sydney Stack played in front of Cotchin, Martin and Prestia with 2 dominant rucks servicing them. They get first use and their mids are accurate penetrating kicks who generally move the ball swiftly with a system that's been proven to work under pressure. In comparison ...

Parker plays in front of Ross, Dunstan and Gresham who couldn't hit a barn door from 20m - let alone over a longer distance with any degree of penetration. All serviced by an underweight Marshall (and only one of him). As for system of ball movement? I believe Cho described it as "keepings off and going round the back of them to maintain posession". Gee whiz.

The comparative metaphor of it being hard to soar like an eagle (or Stack) when you're surrounded by turkeys has never been more apt.

Go you red, black & white warriors