If Scott ends up as coach?...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

If Scott ends up as coach?...

...I for one will be disillusioned with the club and will most probably walk away, not renewing my membership again.

It will feel like they think we’re fools, and despite what they have said recently, it will appear that Lethlean had given his mate a job months ago.

Celtic67

Re: If Scott ends up as coach?...

I honestly do not believe that Brad Scott has been promised the job. In my opinion the club will go through a very thorough process to pick the new coach. Andrew Bassat the President is CEO of Seek and job recruitment is his business. This is his time to shine and bring his expertise to the board. If he cannot get the recruitment process right, he does not deserve to be our President.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 9:31am ...I for one will be disillusioned with the club and will most probably walk away, not renewing my membership again.
Me too mate, me too.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:04pm
Leo.J wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 9:31am ...I for one will be disillusioned with the club and will most probably walk away, not renewing my membership again.
Me too mate, me too.
Me too.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
longtimesaint
Club Player

This is a no win situation for the club as even if they feel Scott is the right candidate they can’t really choose him without being accused of having been a deal done by Lethers.
I personally would prefer Ratten or look elsewhere such as Voss as I have never liked either of the Scott twins.

One year will be our year
spert
Saintsational Legend

Forget Scott- it's not going to happen

Special
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:07pm
Me too mate, me too.
Me too.
Well the three of you please close the door behind you.

What specifically are the issues with Scott?

I don’t get the sooking.

I actually think we have too many namby bamby fans.

Bring on Scott?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:18pm This is a no win situation for the club as even if they feel Scott is the right candidate they can’t really choose him without being accused of having been a deal done by Lethers.
I personally would prefer Ratten or look elsewhere such as Voss as I have never liked either of the Scott twins.
Couple of thugs .Me neither.

Knights, Ratten, Banger or Beveridge for mine. Anyone of them would be acceptable to the vast majority of supporters.

A little bird told me that Knights could snag a flag one day.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

If BS ends up at St.kilda then the numbSKULL and BONEhead secret boys club is in full swing.

Lethlean has never held his current role before at any football club so why did he get gifted this position to resurrect his corporate career at St.kilda ??????????
What "special" qualifications does he have to select a senior coach?
If he is on the selection committee for the next senior coaching role, then the question is WHY?

The Hannebery decision clearly demonstrates a man on training wheels who is out of his depth in making intelligent football decisions.
Not only paying an injury riddled cooked player coming off two very ordinary years, $800,000 a year for four years but also sacrificing St.kilda's second round draft position in this years draft.

Any intelligent decision maker and shrewd negotiator would not have touched Hannebery with a 100 foot pole, let alone included the second round draft pick in the equation. Sydney were no doubt ecstatic a football club would be so stupid to not only take a cooked player off their books, but to also gift them an early second round draft pick.
Absolute buffoonery, or was this just secret boys club shenanigans with him gifting his mate's son some free money at St.kilda's expense?

Lethlean was going to sacrifice pick 4 and Max King for Dylan Shiel at 1.4 million dollars a year.
When Max King becomes a superstar it should be remembered that Lethlean was only saved from giving him away by Dylan Shiel rejecting Lethlean's 1.4 million dollar a year offer.

If Brad Scott ends up at St.kilda the club will not get one cent from me.
Nada, nought, nothing, zilch, zero and diddly squat.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:25pm
Me too mate, me too.
Me too.

I don’t get the sooking.

Bring on Scott?

What are the issues? Are you for real? He would be a very unpopular appointment for the reasons stated in numerous threads.

He is a sour faced loser given the boot after 10 flagless years at the Roos FFS. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by saynta on Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Me too mate, me too.
Me too.

I don’t get the sooking.

Bring on Scott?
f*** off.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:26pm If BS ends up at St.kilda then the numbSKULL and BONEhead secret boys club is in full swing.

Likewise.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:25pm [
Knights, Ratten, Banger or Beveridge for mine.

Alistair Clarkson, Luke Beveridge, Sam Mitchell, Robert Harvey or Lenny Hayes for mine.

I would be happy with any of those five.

Two are contracted and two are relatively inexperienced assistants even though Mitchell has massive iP from Clarkson and has a bit of a Trevor Barker's vibe about him in my opinion.
I think Sam Mitchell already has the qualities to become a successful senior coach and grew up following St.kilda so that's a nice added bonus for a feel good factor.

Robert Harvey has already been rejected twice by St.kilda.
He's done a very long apprenticeship and been an assistant for ten years and is as ready as he is ever going to be for the role.
Something about overlooking him for a third time does not sit right with me.

I'd be very happy with Robert Harvey appointed as senior coach with Lenny Hayes as one of his assistants.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:31pm
barks4eva wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:26pm If BS ends up at St.kilda then the numbSKULL and BONEhead secret boys club is in full swing.

Likewise.
You wrote on here that you buy NINE memberships which clearly demonstrates your passion and loyalty.
If you feel this way then that is truly saying something.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:59pm
saynta wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:31pm

Likewise.
You wrote on here that you buy NINE memberships which clearly demonstrates your passion and loyalty.
If you feel this way then that is truly saying something.
Yes that is correct. For my wife and I, and various family members. Four of the memberships are social club memberships. Most live interstate and don't get to attend so the money is basically a gift to the club.

They appoint Scott and this year will be the last year that I dig deep.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Part of me hopes they appoint him, just for the lols on Saintsational.

Josh Battle
Club Player

Why would anyone find amusement in the fact that rusted on supporters would feel the need to 'stop supporting' to get a message across?

If the football department is run to benefit certain individuals as a priority over the long term health of the club then it is time for the fans to stop supporting. Giving the role to Scott will be perceived as another job for the boys type appointment imo

The message is simple: We will 'support' the Sainters if the employees are as passionate as we are.

I'd love Lenny or Xman or Mini to be at our club next year in a supporting role with Ratts as head coach. I still think Ratten needs to present to the club and unless we find an alternative outstanding candidate I think the job is his

Special
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:29pm
Me too mate, me too.
Me too.

I don’t get the sooking.

Bring on Scott?
f*** off.
Thanks Pav - that clarifies everything

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Appoint Scott and I will still purchase a membership - but only the lowest form to keep mine and Sainter_Boys years of service - No Reserved Seats - No Social Club - because we wont be attending the games.

I do not believe that he got the best from the Roos and he encouraged players to emulate him (like Richo did with ours) but he was a dirty sniper.

I call BS on Brad Scott - and I thinks he has Scott no chance of coaching St Kilda

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

So much suspicion and humdrum built up around B.Scott now I think he has little chance. Thing is, the negativity makes Knights, Voss, Harvs and of course Ratto look even better. That could be a problem in so far as they claim to have a clean slate to look at all candidates fairly. I’m also not excited about BScott but heaven knows what we’ll be saying this time next year!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 4:07pm Why would anyone find amusement in the fact that rusted on supporters would feel the need to 'stop supporting' to get a message across?

If the football department is run to benefit certain individuals as a priority over the long term health of the club then it is time for the fans to stop supporting. Giving the role to Scott will be perceived as another job for the boys type appointment imo

The message is simple: We will 'support' the Sainters if the employees are as passionate as we are.

I'd love Lenny or Xman or Mini to be at our club next year in a supporting role with Ratts as head coach. I still think Ratten needs to present to the club and unless we find an alternative outstanding candidate I think the job is his
Good post with sensible comments,

Sneids is also an assistant coach. With GWS I believe.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

While I wouldn't lose any sleep over Brad Scott getting the job, it would make the comments from Finnis and Bassat on Tuesday look pretty stupid.

Both went out of their way to address the Scott rumours, if he ends up getting the job, whatever the process, those comments will be played back time and time again.

They were so firm with their denial of any predetermined deal, that they almost can't go with him now.

howlinwolf
Club Player

Call me a namby bamby supporter too then.

I'm having a break from membership if BS is coach.

Of course it will be a "thorough process", nek minnit, welcome BS.

I'm warming to the idea of Sam Mitchell.
Ticks a few boxes from what I can see.

Premiership player at a very successful club, played under Clarkson, has a great footy brain (according to Shane Crawford) , mongrel and lastly was a passionate Saints supporter as a child.
Never coached before so ticks the box on recycled coaches not winning flags.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

What if Scott won us a premiership????? Would you all come grovelling back???? I personally hated the bloke when he played for Brisbane, complete thug, but I loved Stevie Baker and he arguably did a lot worse.
I really don't give a rats arse whether I like a coach or not, I just want a flag before I depart this world, and if Scott is the best person to bring this home then bring him on

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Fri 19 Jul 2019 5:33pm What if Scott won us a premiership????? Would you all come grovelling back???? I personally hated the bloke when he played for Brisbane, complete thug, but I loved Stevie Baker and he arguably did a lot worse.
I really don't give a rats arse whether I like a coach or not, I just want a flag before I depart this world, and if Scott is the best person to bring this home then bring him on
Yes I would - I would be there with Bells on - but I think it:
A) Unlikely BS will be appointed;
B) If he is Unlikely that he will improve us; and
C) A flaming miracle if we win another Flag - but I will be celebrating way long and hard!

I will be the first to admit my error if he even gets us to a final in 2020 if he is appointed.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!