Ladder Predictor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Ladder Predictor

Not beyond the realms of possibility we could be outright 8th in two rounds time.
ALL reliant on beating Adelaide this week. Opens right up for all sides outside the 8 if we did. However if the Crows win it's likely all over for all sides based on what I can see with the fixtures.

We have the best run home after this week all be it Sydney away last game. Can still lose one after this week and still be ahead of everyone else in 8th come round 23.

No ridiculous results required either for it to happen (other than winning interstate.....)

The_President
Club Player

Re: Ladder Predictor

Annoyedsaint wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 2:27pm Not beyond the realms of possibility we could be outright 8th in two rounds time.
ALL reliant on beating Adelaide this week. Opens right up for all sides outside the 8 if we did. However if the Crows win it's likely all over for all sides based on what I can see with the fixtures.

We have the best run home after this week all be it Sydney away last game. Can still lose one after this week and still be ahead of everyone else in 8th come round 23.

No ridiculous results required either for it to happen (other than winning interstate.....)
The Adelaide game this week is a genuine 8 point game.
Port have the easiest draw out of everyone remaining, but they need to beat Essendon this week.

One thing in our favour is that Port/Adelaide/Dogs/Freo/Hawks all seem to verse at least one of eachother across the remaining games, which is great for us.

We just have to keep winning.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

The way I se it, if form holds, the winner of Adelaide and us this week is likely to make the 8, all other permutations become too complex, but based on the draw, that is what I see as the outcome.....

And it will be an early knockout, with no real progress into the finals. However, for our list, the experience would be invaluable.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I think the Carlton game looks a lot more difficult now than it did a few weeks ago.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:03pm I think the Carlton game looks a lot more difficult now than it did a few weeks ago.
Of course, but I'd rather that than going to Geelong or West Coast in Perth type games.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Playing in Adelaide. Fun facts:

We haven't beaten the Crows in Adelaide since 2009.

The last time we won in Adelaide was in 2010.

We have never won at the Adelaide Oval.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:03pm I think the Carlton game looks a lot more difficult now than it did a few weeks ago.
Absolutely. In some ways - I feel it boils down to whether Kreuzer plays. He always plays very well against us and whilst RoMa has turned into a gun; Kreuzer has been that kind of player for years (i.e. an OK tap but great around the ground and able to push forward and kick a goal) - albeit, injury prone. I think the rest of our players match up really well against Carltoon and we love the expanses of the MCG .

I still think Adelaide this week is the killer. It feels like we're either going to roll them or, they'll realise that so many of their careers on the line that they'll extract the digit. Can't see Betts not being recalled this week either. I'd love to win this week and put their sh!t of a fake club into turmoil. If Adelaide were to lose - Snowtown would go into absolute meltdown.

Go you red, black & white warriors
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Annoyedsaint wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 2:27pm Not beyond the realms of possibility we could be outright 8th in two rounds time.

exactly

yes we have to win all 4 but as you say the other results don't have to be ridiculous

exciting times

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
barneyboyz
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:48pm
Absolutely. In some ways - I feel it boils down to whether Kreuzer plays. He always plays very well against us and whilst RoMa has turned into a gun; Kreuzer has been that kind of player for years (i.e. an OK tap but great around the ground and able to push forward and kick a goal) - albeit, injury prone. I think the rest of our players match up really well against Carltoon and we love the expanses of the MCG .

I still think Adelaide this week is the killer. It feels like we're either going to roll them or, they'll realise that so many of their careers on the line that they'll extract the digit. Can't see Betts not being recalled this week either. I'd love to win this week and put their sh!t of a fake club into turmoil. If Adelaide were to lose - Snowtown would go into absolute meltdown.
We do have a habit of playing teams in to form :wink:

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Sanctorum
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:21pm Playing in Adelaide. Fun facts:

We haven't beaten the Crows in Adelaide since 2009.

The last time we won in Adelaide was in 2010.

We have never won at the Adelaide Oval.
These stats augur well for the Saints, records are meant to be broken and the way our team is playing right now, with renewed belief and great team spirit the players will fancy themselves to pull off an upset on Adelaide Oval. The Crows have some real talent but have an ageing team (2nd oldest after Geelong); Saints defence has stood up really well and there is plenty of firepower up forward so it is not impossible for them to beat the Crows.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The timing is good, because we lost AR, first game was a gritty win against a top 8 contender, second game proved to the squad that the first win wasn't just a honeymoon pressure release, and they can actually dominate and expose a team on turnover.

This interstate game, the squad has renewed vigour and will be looking forward to going next level.
They might want to exorcise the demons of China

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

So if you think we might win all 4 and other results go the right way then ......

The $17 for St Kilda to make the 8 looks mighty juicy.

Would at least pay for your first week ticket.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Some expert is sprouting that the brown baggers can make the finals with ten wins as it has been done before.

StPeter
Club Player

A big problem this year has been to beat teams above us on the ladder.

All our wins have been against teams below us or around the same mark at the time we have played them.

And of course we rarely win away from Melbourne.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:So if you think we might win all 4 and other results go the right way then ......

Better bet big to cover that flight to Brisbane.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 6:55pm
terry smith rules wrote:So if you think we might win all 4 and other results go the right way then ......

What about Essendon at the g

shrodes
SS Life Member

If we make the finals do we have to honour Richo's trigger clause? :D

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 6:57pm
kosifantutti wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 6:55pm

What about Essendon at the g
We’ll play interstate eventually if we keep winning.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Love it! Be positive and hope for the impossible.
But be real and don't get all negative when the truth of how far apart we are from the 8 comes to roost.
Crows will smash us mercilessly this week....But I sure hope I'm wrong.

StPeter
Club Player

We can only wonder where we might have finished on the ladder if the China game had been a real home game instead of the debacle it was.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote: Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:07pm

exactly

yes we have to win all 4 but as you say the other results don't have to be ridiculous

exciting times
Don’t need to necessarily win all 4.
If we won this week we could possibly afford to drop 1 depending on other results.
Other than this week we have a favourable draw compared to the others.
As I said, it all relies on this week for it all to be in play.

axcellence
Club Player

With Port winning, it’s almost all over.

Only way is for Port to drop one game and saints to win all 4. Very unlikely now.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Worth noting that even if we had beaten Adelaide, Sydney and Carlton we would have most likely missed out on percentage. Needed about 50 point wins in all three games as it turned out.

Still we have beaten two teams who finished in the 8, including the in form Bulldogs.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

can somebody do next years for me

:P

i’m bored already

cricket season sucks

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.