Standing room tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

Standing room tickets

hey all,
i was just wondering if someone could tell me what the deal is with standing room tickets, is there a certain area you stand?
or can you stand anywhere.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Re: Standing room tickets

saintjake wrote:hey all,
i was just wondering if someone could tell me what the deal is with standing room tickets, is there a certain area you stand?
You will be assigned a bay to stand in.

They walk amongst us...

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

It tells you where to stand, but we weren't checked last week, so go where you want I guess.

Kris1
Club Player

HSVKing wrote:
But if you don't like your bay you can just move to another, it is not policed at all. We were in M12 and we got there at 11:30 and were just one row from the fence so perfect view.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Kris1 wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
But if you don't like your bay you can just move to another, it is not policed at all. We were in M12 and we got there at 11:30 and were just one row from the fence so perfect view.
We were M12 too! I had a St Kilda flag as a cape haha, did you see me?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Stand wherever you like.
But don't stand in front of Nick Riewoldt he wants to take that mark.
Oh and don't stand in front of Justin Koschitzke unless you have full hospital insurance.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintjake
Club Player

ace wrote:Stand wherever you like.

Oh and don't stand in front of Justin Koschitzke unless you have full hospital insurance.
:lol: :lol:

Kris1
Club Player

#1GILL wrote: We were M12 too! I had a St Kilda flag as a cape haha, did you see me?
Don't think I did, I was right next to the fence on the RHS but didn't turn round much as I had some filth d******d right behind me.

Were you near the bloke with the amazing voice?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

When you're standing though you can't see the footy after it's kicked in the air due to the level above, yes?

That would annoy the scheisse out of me but I would sit in a little corner of the MCG with a little tv if it meant being there just so I could hear that final siren and then, "St Kilda Captain, number twelve, Nick Riewollllldt" as he goes up to collect our cup.

Kris1
Club Player

Beej wrote:When you're standing though you can't see the footy after it's kicked in the air due to the level above, yes?

That would annoy the scheisse out of me but I would sit in a little corner of the MCG with a little tv if it meant being there just so I could hear that final siren and then, "St Kilda Captain, number twelve, Nick Riewollllldt" as he goes up to collect our cup.
Actually that is only really an issue on really high balls (you can see three quarters of the way up the goal posts) and there were TV's everywhere so it was really not a problem. Actually, having the TV's made it much easier to follow what was going on at the other side of the field. Will miss that this week.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Kris1 wrote:
#1GILL wrote: We were M12 too! I had a St Kilda flag as a cape haha, did you see me?
Don't think I did, I was right next to the fence on the RHS but didn't turn round much as I had some filth d******d right behind me.

Were you near the bloke with the amazing voice?
Haha that bloke was terrific, I was maybe 3 meters to the left of him as he was looking towards the ground.

saintnick12
Club Player

Beej wrote:When you're standing though you can't see the footy after it's kicked in the air due to the level above, yes?

LOL. My son spent a lot of the day on Saturday doing the announcer voice ...Craig Willis has such a distinctive voice, and quite often goes very low in the first or second name. We were going through them imagining what it would sound like.
Number 7 - Lenny Haaaaaayes
Number 10 - Steven Baaaker
Number 12 - Nick Rieeeewoldt
Number 18 - Brendon Godddddard
My son was rattling them all off. Was breaking up the tension before the game anyway.
Can't wait to hear it Saturday night.

And again at Fed SQ
and again at Moorabbin on Sunday :wink: :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote: And again at Fed SQ
DO NOT GO TO FED SQUARE

unless you want to join the Indie music festival

AAMI PARK is the go...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
oh when
Club Player

Get behnd the Cheer Squad

Behind M 3 - close to bar etc, behind CS helped with the cheering last week.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:

LOL. My son spent a lot of the day on Saturday doing the announcer voice ...Craig Willis has such a distinctive voice, and quite often goes very low in the first or second name. We were going through them imagining what it would sound like.
My son was rattling them all off. Was breaking up the tension before the game anyway.

And again at Fed SQ
Hahaha he has the best voice. Tennis player Kim Clijsters said last year that she knows she's in Australia when she walks out on court to the sound of Craig Willis.

Every now and then when he's chipper and feeling confident, he'll go low on both names...

"Number eleven... *low voice* Leeeeeeeiiigh Montagnaaaaaaa" :)

saintnick12
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
saintnick12 wrote: And again at Fed SQ
DO NOT GO TO FED SQUARE

unless you want to join the Indie music festival

AAMI PARK is the go...
Oh, so the players willl stilll be presented to the crowd at AAMI Park after the game. I'm going to the game, but was planning on going to the FED SQ presentation thing last week if we had of won. I was just assuming it would be the same this week. Bad move.
Last edited by saintnick12 on Tue 28 Sep 2010 9:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintnick12
Club Player

Beej wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:

And again at Fed SQ
Hahaha he has the best voice. Tennis player Kim Clijsters said last year that she knows she's in Australia when she walks out on court to the sound of Craig Willis.

Every now and then when he's chipper and feeling confident, he'll go low on both names...

Love it :lol: :lol: So hope we get to hear them all on Sat night.

Number 4 Cliiint Joooones (very deep on the Jones).
Number 6 ZAC Daaaaawson :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be the best....full on cheer for every player.

I can just see it now...

God I hope we win!!!!!!!!!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
Beej wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:

And again at Fed SQ

Love it :lol: :lol: So hope we get to hear them all on Sat night.

Number 4 Cliiint Joooones (very deep on the Jones).
Number 6 ZAC Daaaaawson :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be the best....full on cheer for every player.

I can just see it now...

God I hope we win!!!!!!!!!
Hahah I've got a smile on my face just thinking about it. :)

Willis would be going over the teams as we speak practicing the names and Zac Dawson's would be getting him excited for sure.

With "Dawson" he could add his slightly evil scary tone "DAWWWWWSOOOOOOONNN"

He would definitely go LOWEST and SLOWEST for Lenny Hayes though - Lenny HAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSS!

So low and slow that he would stop for a minute while he sipped a water and regained his breath. :lol:

saintnick12
Club Player

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where are you sitting this week - you and my son can go through them all in preparation for the presentation....

Will be better than Lionel Ritchie :lol: :lol:

Batnoe
Club Player

I was seated in Q57 in front of the big tvs and some collingwood scum decided to stand up the top where the tv was on the concrete. they werent part of our bay and decideed to stand up there so i would recomend doing that and u will have a full view

Carn Saints
Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Where are you sitting this week - you and my son can go through them all in preparation for the presentation....

Will be better than Lionel Ritchie :lol: :lol:
Haha I don't mind a bit of Lionel as it happens. :oops: :D

I'm in N1 but I'm going with a mate of mine who's down from overseas and will be standing so I'm going to try and watch a quarter or so with him depending on how the game unfolds.

I don't think I would mind standing room so much if it'd allow me to pace back and forth with my head buried in my hands for the entire four quarters. :)

If I happen to overhear a boy and his mum imitating Craig Willis, I'll make sure I say hello. :P
Last edited by Beej on Thu 30 Sep 2010 12:56am, edited 1 time in total.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Just a question, are there any standing room areas on any of the upper levels?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Just a question, are there any standing room areas on any of the upper levels?
bump, anyone?

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Beej wrote:
Beej wrote:Just a question, are there any standing room areas on any of the upper levels?
bump, anyone?
Basically no. There is a very small area in both the Olympic and Ponsford stands on the top level, but you can't see all of the ground from there.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Ash wrote:
Beej wrote:
bump, anyone?
Basically no. There is a very small area in both the Olympic and Ponsford stands on the top level, but you can't see all of the ground from there.
Alot of people stand below the scoreboard in the Olympic stand, but you'd have to be there early.

They walk amongst us...