Lethal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Lethal

Leigh Matthews favours the Saints in the replay. He reasons that the Pies have had a lot of games wrapped up by half time this year (not counting Rds 21 and 22 which were meaningless). So they aren't used to fighting it out till the end, as per Saturday.

I truly believe if we are ahead(hopefully by a lot) or close at the last change, they will tire much more quickly than last week, and we can roll over them.

eppo67
Club Player

I think they will be very flat this week. Very long season for the young brigade.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I keep thinking that the replay is not going to be a close game at all.

I think that one side is going to fail mentally, just not able to back it up two weeks in a row and just fail on the biggest stage.

From what we have seen this year....I dont think it will be our side failing.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I hope you are right Bigred, and I tend to agree with you, but I worry when a lot of the media who know more about footy than me say the same about us.

I love this club
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I don't buy that the pies aren't able to handle a contest.

It is true however that they've been able to blow away a lot of sides early. It is also true that St Kilda often wins in an arm wrestle.

Much like last Saturday, I think the Saints main job is to be in touch at half time and come home strong.

Just be in closer touch....

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Here is his article...

It has to be said that he was one that said Collingwood easily though.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Stillwaiting wrote:I hope you are right Bigred, and I tend to agree with you, but I worry when a lot of the media who know more about footy than me say the same about us.
They may know more about footy, :shock: , but they don't know more about Saints footy. :wink:

IN ROSS WE TRUST!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:I hope you are right Bigred, and I tend to agree with you, but I worry when a lot of the media who know more about footy than me say the same about us.
They may know more about footy, :shock: , but they don't know more about Saints footy. :wink:

IN ROSS WE TRUST!
You are quite right Snoopygirl, I think it must have been all the crap about the filth getting to me. Last week I managed to block it all out until the game but for the first time this year lost it at half time.

Gawd I hope we can do it, I hate those pricks so much

I love this club
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well there is your mistake. A lot of the media do not actually know a lot about footy and are fad-followers.

I have noticed more and more ex-players have either switched to the Saints or are now tipping a close game.

The trend is for a Saints win.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Hirdy also picked us. Said we were too skillful and tough and that Goddard was "unstoppable".

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Well there is your mistake. A lot of the media do not actually know a lot about footy and are fad-followers.

I have noticed more and more ex-players have either switched to the Saints or are now tipping a close game.

The trend is for a Saints win.
And that is my thought to, looking at the game in isolation I think we are looking good, I will go back to my pratice all year of blocking out the media, just got sucked in.

I love this club
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Good to hear that from "Lethal".
I think 6 or 7 Grand Finals and 4 Premierships? Then his coaching record: 5 Grand Finals and 4 Premierships.
Although the game was very different then (even 'in '03) the pressure was probably the same. He should know what he's talking about.
And much as I can't stand hHrd, witrh 3 GFs and 2 flags he should also know what he's talking about.

Once again football was a different game in 1977, let alone 1948 but both teams were fighting for the highest prize and were of the highest standard for that time so I think the situations would have been similar. In both cases the replay was not a close contest in the end....it was 5 or 6 goals.

I think it'll be the same this Saturday. Imagine if the Saints are 4 (or even just 2 or 3) goals ahead at 3/4 time. They will play "Saints Footy" in the last quarter and just simply not give one inch. And I don't care if there's no goals for 20-25 minures. Who cares if we 'kill the game' and bore all the neutrals/critics etc. We're not there to entertain them. we're there to bring home a Flag!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

PS I don't care about the media this wee. it's all a distraction and peripheral to the main event.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.