Gazza Gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

karnak
Club Player

except...

it's the gold coast, once the playres have established a name for themselves they'll be looking to head home.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

karnak wrote:except...

it's the gold coast, once the playres have established a name for themselves they'll be looking to head home.
So this morning, as usual, I got up with the sound of the lorrikeets at 5.30, wandered down to the beach as the sun came up, slipped the longboard out of its cover, slid into the warm, clean water and marvelled at the school of baitfish that zig zagged underneath me while all on my lonesome I took little peeling lefts and rights until I'd had my fill. Unusually for this time of year, there weren't any whales on the horizon. Wedged in a coffee at the good place down on the beach and flicked through the papers. Zipped home, had brekky with the kids, got the missus off to work (doesn't need to leave until 8.40 to get there by nine such is the non-traffic and general stresslessness), dropped the kids off the school (five minutes walk), and now I'm sitting in the sun out the back overlooking the sparkling blue of the canal while I do my own work from home.

Sucks up here. Aching to leave. Really. You're so right.

So how's London, mate?

8-)

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Got a spare room thinline- I'm there.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Ablett Gone LOL

Who knows what may have happened if he was named captain instead of the ranga at the start of the season :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

get many nang nang's in the canal?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:Who knows what may have happened if he was named captain instead of the ranga at the start of the season :roll:
good call, mature call, why give it to the blood nut call, suck eggs geelong call.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

What's a nang nang?

You mean sharks?

Never seen one this far south, but there's always rumours - enough that I'm not jumping out of my skin to lay the crab pot manually by walking out there. They tend to get caught/spotted in the canals fed by the Broadwater further north. When there's not so much sand in the channel we do get the occasional dolphin drifting up though.

Bloke next door caught a huge flathead last week...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
yipper
SS Life Member

Geez, just imagine what it would be like just watching the sun go down in a Gold Coast beachside restaurant - tucking into a serve of Moreton Bay bugs, washed down with a nice Sav Blanc, and you wonder why an offer of 1.5mil a year to play footy up there was hard to resist!!! The bloke won 2 x flags with the pussies, he did his bit. He is a real twerp of a bloke, but he is not stupid!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Bloke next door caught a huge flathead last week...
..... tasty?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

So he said. I only saw the head and spine after he filleted the thing.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:So he said. I only saw the head and spine after he filleted the thing.
sounds big :shock:

tough life for gazza. beautiful sunshine, life on a fork, forty cases of VB.

karnak
Club Player

London has great pubs and as far as I can tell that is it! I still love it though.

17 yr old kids get drafted play for a few years and want to know what it'll be like to live in a city with some character such as Melbourne or Sydney.

I used to live in BrisVegas, it's a great area of the world, but to think that every young kid they draft will still be there in 5 years is a pretty big assumption.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Sounds quite ideal.

Yeah Nang nangs are sharks.

You hear stories that they are full of Bronze whalers....etc.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Owen
Club Player

I just think the AFL pumping this amount of money into GC is a huge waste of money ...

The true local population that would be passionate and regularly involved in supporting the team is far less than the 600-700k that supposedly 'live' there these days ..

Look at GC United .. their support has dropped off from the initial novelty to the almost non-existant ..

That said - good luck to Gazza and the team hope they do work out ..

AFL should be pumping all this money into GWS instead ..

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:

So this morning, as usual, I got up with the sound of the lorrikeets at 5.30, wandered down to the beach as the sun came up, slipped the longboard out of its cover, slid into the warm, clean water and marvelled at the school of baitfish that zig zagged underneath me while all on my lonesome I took little peeling lefts and rights until I'd had my fill. Unusually for this time of year, there weren't any whales on the horizon. Wedged in a coffee at the good place down on the beach and flicked through the papers. Zipped home, had brekky with the kids, got the missus off to work (doesn't need to leave until 8.40 to get there by nine such is the non-traffic and general stresslessness), dropped the kids off the school (five minutes walk), and now I'm sitting in the sun out the back overlooking the sparkling blue of the canal while I do my own work from home.

8-)
If anyone wants to pay me $1.9million a year to go and work and live up there I'm open to offers.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

So how's London, mate?

8-)
Did u cop any of that big storm yesty, TL? I live at Gaven, just near Wet N Wild. Could see the storm coming in from Tambo and it certainly got wet n wild!!!

The temp dropped from 28 to 24 in about a minute. Supposed to be the same stuff today but its only 25 here now.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Makes me feel more comfortable that we are not losing any Saints players to the GC, everyone one that was rumoured to be on the 'list' has now been signed up by them.

This wasn't about the money, Gazza's relationship with his coach had become 'untenable' so he had no choice, he also wanted more game time (in the middle)

Sounds kind of familiar to be honest...

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

stevie wrote:
Thinline wrote:

So how's London, mate?

8-)
Did u cop any of that big storm yesty, TL? I live at Gaven, just near Wet N Wild. Could see the storm coming in from Tambo and it certainly got wet n wild!!!

The temp dropped from 28 to 24 in about a minute. Supposed to be the same stuff today but its only 25 here now.
24, that must be tough. Did you have to get out your winter woolies?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Makes me feel more comfortable that we are not losing any Saints players to the GC, everyone one that was rumoured to be on the 'list' has now been signed up by them.

This wasn't about the money, Gazza's relationship with his coach had become 'untenable' so he had no choice, he also wanted more game time (in the middle)

Sounds kind of familiar to be honest...
The captaincy, the weather and lifestyle and the challenge in helping a new club get off the ground may also have had something to do with it.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Personally, Gold Coast isn't a place I'm even a little interested in living (meaning no disrespect to those who do, and love it, just isn't my kind of place). The in-laws want us to move the family up north, just don't see how it would work... but I've given them a number that would change my mind.

That number is well under $1.9 mil.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
stevie
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
stevie wrote:
Thinline wrote:

So how's London, mate?

8-)

24, that must be tough. Did you have to get out your winter woolies?
LOL!! Actually, we love the winter here, its a shame from this time of year till Xmas. The footy is over, it get hotter and drier. At least we have air-con and fans.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Mid to late spring and early to mid autumn are probably the best times here, weather-wise. In winter it gets too cold and in summer it gets too hot. I find 11deg and mid 40 deg days are getting old.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Personally, Gold Coast isn't a place I'm even a little interested in living (meaning no disrespect to those who do, and love it, just isn't my kind of place). The in-laws want us to move the family up north, just don't see how it would work... but I've given them a number that would change my mind.

That number is well under $1.9 mil.
No need to apologise! The Gold Coast is ok to live at, but parts of its are really bad. Any night in the middle of Surfers is a war zone, with fights, drunks, etc. The traffic is getting worse and will get worse when they build a light rail from Southport to Broadbeach.
The Gold coast council is run by the biggest dickheads in Australia and the rates we pay are ridiculous.

Look, it might sound like I'm whinging but I've lived in Qld for over half my life now, in Cairns(which is now a complete shithole) and Bris (which we loved). Qlders have this mentality that because of the good weather and beaches they are superior to other Aussies. Well, they forget that the mexicans who they whine about, coming up to live here, provide htem with jobs. People don't come here to stimulate their intelligence, that's for sure!!
I only live 20 minutes from Carrarra so will go to a few Suns games next year when the ground is up and about. Hopefully the Saints will have a game here.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Mooksy
Club Player

yawn