I can't help but feel this was meant to be

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I can't help but feel this was meant to be

As most of you probably already know, my wife and I are expecting our first child on Boxing Day.

As some of you are probably also aware, I was unable to attend GF1 due to not being able to afford it, as I'm having a baby. So I gave my dad my social club ticket in order to go, (I felt at least one of us should get too see us win a premiership and be there to witness it) since otherwise the ticket would go to waste.

Now I have never in my life (26 years) seen my dad cry. Last year I thought would be the first time I see it, if we won the premiership. Of coure, as we all know, that wasn't the case :(

More than that, I thought a St Kilda premiership would give us the ultimate father-son moment, one that would be etched in my memory as something to savour for the rest of my life, along with my kids being born or marrying my wife.

My father and I haven't always been close, but the one love we have always shared was footy, namely St Kilda. Now I realise that the are much more important things in thus world than football and it is certainly not the be all and end all but I honestly couldn't imagine anything would ever bring us closer (especially considering he lives in Melbourne and I live in the country.

Anyway, given the events of last weekend, now I can't help but feel like this is fate - the premiership we are meant to experience together - today it's going to happen. And because they have opened the ticketing to regular members - I know I've been saying ignore all omens but it just feels like I (and all the others who missed out last week) were meant to be there today to witness something special.

I really do feel for the people who missed out this week or couldn't make it or afford it, but I know you'll all be cheering for us at home or wherever you are watching.

Whatever does happen today I'm just going to enjoy the experience anyway, but when that final siren sounds, I'm looking forward too hopefully sharing the quintessential father-son moment.

Sorry for the absurdly long and cheesy post but if it's not meant too be, well the universe sure must be cruel.

GO SAINTERS!!!!!

eppo67
Club Player

Sorry l know a lot of you guys think this is BS and l probably do as well. But I was downloading an application on the computer this morning and a little voice inside my head said look at the no. on the screen. It was 26% downloaded.
I thought 26 so what I'm going crazy. Then l thought hang on l know the significance of no. 26 today!!