Edit: NO TRADES!!! Saints to not be big traders....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints to not be big traders....

Teflon wrote: I reckon u could add Armitage.....can jag a goal and be our Luke Ball.....with more run IF he gets his head right.....BIG opportunity for him and given our lack of Drafting option Ross HAS to play him.
Still not sure that his attitude is right. I have made mention of it in previous posts and then was told it was mentioned on the radio last night as well. Apparently, a lot of his problem is above the head. Perhaps a trade to Essendon might not be such a bad thing.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
yipper
SS Life Member

Tambling has improved enormously - has worked hard. He is quick, can kick a goal and his skills are way above many of our blokes. If we orchestrate a trade for him - I would be ok with that. If not - happy for us to plumb the depth of the draft looking for teenagers

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

yipper wrote:Tambling has improved enormously - has worked hard. He is quick, can kick a goal and his skills are way above many of our blokes. If we orchestrate a trade for him - I would be ok with that. If not - happy for us to plumb the depth of the draft looking for teenagers
He is pushing for Adelaide by all early reports.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 19 Oct 2010 11:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Tambling has improved enormously - has worked hard. He is quick, can kick a goal and his skills are way above many of our blokes. If we orchestrate a trade for him - I would be ok with that. If not - happy for us to plumb the depth of the draft looking for teenagers
How do we pay him. He would want 300k and we dont have that.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:trade_rumours: Tambling has Saints as his preferred club, trying to work out trade. But Adelaide loom large with a better offer #tradeweek
less than a minute ago via web
Missed this SainterK. Interesting. I heard 30 minutes ago he was pushing for Adelaide. Interesting that you heard he wanted the Saints. So is he going to GC instead..?? :P

Trade Week is always amusing if nothing else.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Legendary
Club Player

May have room to pay him if we are planning on delisting a couple who would be on $100k+ per year.

Glad we are not actively involved.

Have plenty of young talent ALREADY AT the club ready to take the next step.

Need to continue stocking up on kids.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:May have room to pay him if we are planning on delisting a couple who would be on $100k+ per year.

Glad we are not actively involved.

Have plenty of young talent ALREADY AT the club ready to take the next step.

Need to continue stocking up on kids.
Yes I agree with this, but I worry with GC having all these early picks, by the time we get a pick there wont be much left.

I love this club
Legendary
Club Player

Very deep draft I have heard ...

And let's face it, once you get past pick #10, you're gambling.

Look at Gwilt, S. Fisher, Gilbert, Stanley ... all taken 30+

sax
Club Player

SainterK wrote:trade_rumours: Tambling has Saints as his preferred club, trying to work out trade. But Adelaide loom large with a better offer #tradeweek
less than a minute ago via web
Rubbish! He wants to go to Adelaide! Here's the link.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Fair point

I love this club
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints to not be big traders....

Rice Paper wrote:

Surely this is List Mis - management?
In the most compromised draft in years we are going to stock up with teenagers? In a normal draft we struggle to draft decent players yet now we are going young with our 1st pick being in the 20s? NO wonder Mathew Drain has been given the arse.
What would you...not have signed up all our guns like Roo and BJ??? I am sure that GWS would love to have either.

We have been in the last two GF's straight. It would be hard to not be at about 100% of your salary cap in such circumstances.

Given the bulge of players 26-31 on our list a few more kids will not go astray. Otherwise in 3-4 years we will be completely rooted.

The Cats with continued success battled salary cap problems and started losing players due to lack of dollars and opportunity.

Question is can we trade in better than our young emerging talent???

Rice Paper wrote: Gardner is going to have stem cell treatment on his bad knee and other operations to get up for next year, isn't time for a new ruck combo? Free up his wage and trade someone in, I'm worried if we are going into 2011 with the same list.
Who are you going to trade in?

Clarke is staying at the lions...and if he had gone it was to return to SA.

Hampson wants to go home to Adelaide. If you got him you would probably have to offload Ben.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 06 Oct 2010 3:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Legendary
Club Player

Need to draft another young ruckman IMO and develop him.

I reckon between Kosi, Ben and Gardiner, with Blake and Pattison as backup, we don't need a mature age ruck.

older saint
SS Life Member

May see a lot of clubs, including StKilda drafting players out of VFL, SANFL , WAFL this seaosn, especially after round 1. Plenty of players not draftedin last couple yeras go there and their bodies mature and then are better prospects.

Even our list Fisher, Jones, Stanely cam from SANFL or WAFL and have / are developing nicely. There will be plenty more out there also may just take a little longer.

the other thingis Stkilda have drafted a lot of young 18 years olds/ 17 year olds in last couple years so they will take a little longer.

No reason IMO why Steven, Stanley, Miles, Simpkins cannot be the next Mccaffer, Blair, Brown, etc in 2011.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
not bad yipper. plugger he wants to be somewhere where he is appreciated. i rate him personally and have done for a number of years.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
not bad yipper. plugger he wants to be somewhere where he is appreciated. i rate him personally and have done for a number of years.
How do we pay him. I want Judd as well.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

For the second time in two years we've been defeated in a Grand Final by a team with very few other-club players. And how did our foreign legion stand up when the chips were down? Pretty poorly, actually.

Our best across the finals were homegrown: Goddard, Hayes, Riewoldt, Gwilt, Fisher, Gilbert.

So let's not recruit any more mercenaries and develop our own stars.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

wonder if Bakes will go, along with King, Lovett...surely would open a bit of room for a player.

Nee!
saintlee
Club Player

fugazi wrote:wonder if Bakes will go, along with King, Lovett...surely would open a bit of room for a player.
Bakes is on the veterans list, so doubt he would open up much space at all.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
i'm not saying that we want/ can afford or will get him. i'm just saying the culture at richmond is so unbelievably poor and that he's not a bad player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
i'm not saying that we want/ can afford or will get him. i'm just saying the culture at richmond is so unbelievably poor and that he's not a bad player.
What has any of that got to do with Yippers post and my reply?

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
What has any of that got to do with Yippers post and my reply?
ur so bloody predictable. always hostile even when ur being friendly.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

FWIW he wouldn't be wanting 300k

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

how many are we likely to clean out this year?

I hope at least 7 or 8

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If we dont get rid of our "bottom 6" how are we going to improve?