Young AFL star in sex assault investigation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Helio wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Helio wrote:
#1GILL wrote:Anyone who wants to take a look at her Formspring:

http://www.formspring.me/ItsKimDuthie
What an appalling site. Why would someone open themselves to such abuse from random bogans? Sad lack of self esteem.

I must be getting old.
See my comments above, I also have no idea and must also be getting old...
Yes I saw your comments after my post took me to the last page. I couldn't find the words to comment on her replies to people abusing her, but you have expressed it well.
That blog is like watching a train wreck, and I thank #1Gill for directing me to it, it has enlightened me a lot about our youth...

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

you could see how someone could develop a whole' alternate life' through blogging- no way of 'fact' being imposed , no way of reality interferring,
a parallel universe living a life that is what you would like, and not what is...

what a difference it would be if she took up creative writing or diary keeping..... ah the old days....

where is her personal self worth- or is ' scoring' a 'target' the worth she is after.... it will be physicalyl and pshychologically damaging..

whilst I worry for young footballers being 'stalked' favoured' whatever
I also feel for her and the damage she is doing to herself and others..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:you could see how someone could develop a whole' alternate life' through blogging- no way of 'fact' being imposed , no way of reality interferring,
a parallel universe living a life that is what you would like, and not what is...

what a difference it would be if she took up creative writing or diary keeping..... ah the old days....

where is her personal self worth- or is ' scoring' a 'target' the worth she is after.... it will be physicalyl and pshychologically damaging..

Don't get me wrong brat, I also feel for her plight. I think if that blog really is her, then she is in desperate trouble and probably will come under significant notice in the future. She has clearly lacked guidance and leadership in her life and lack of intervention will see her in all sorts of trouble.

At the same time and looking at her responses I can feel for the players allegedly involved. If that entire blog is true I think, regardless of whether the allegations are true or not, our boys and others are tarnished and I gather probably have no or little recourse to any legal proceedings (maybe stinger can help here if he's dragged himself away from his GF seats yet).

stmac35
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:you could see how someone could develop a whole' alternate life' through blogging- no way of 'fact' being imposed , no way of reality interferring,

Don't get me wrong brat, I also feel for her plight. I think if that blog really is her, then she is in desperate trouble and probably will come under significant notice in the future. She has clearly lacked guidance and leadership in her life and lack of intervention will see her in all sorts of trouble.

At the same time and looking at her responses I can feel for the players allegedly involved. If that entire blog is true I think, regardless of whether the allegations are true or not, our boys and others are tarnished and I gather probably have no or little recourse to any legal proceedings (maybe stinger can help here if he's dragged himself away from his GF seats yet).
To be honest, everything on there (it's definitely her, by the way - no question) is relatively normal - given a degree of context. Sure there's some nasty stuff there, but it's not that bad in the scheme of things. A lot of that stuff is from her peers taking the opportunity to have anonymous pot shots at her. They're probably nice as pie to her face. That's the lure of formspring - if you look at any teenage girl's page, it is exactly like that. Downright nasty comments, exchanged for infuriated, mood-swing affected responses.

THE GREAT MAN - ROBERT HARVEY
maz1685
Club Player

She's really turned on the players she was involved with, I had read on her FS at some point compliments about Gilbert or him being a nice guy, but on the official St Kilda FB page, under the status update from the B&F about Hayes, Joey & Gilbert being in the lead, she comments that "Gilbert is s***" and later on "He doesn't deserve it".

She's just all of a sudden turned on these guys, which for me, takes more credibility away from her story.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

That shyt is amazing.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:That shyt is amazing.
Scary really. Are teenagers of today worse than we were in our own teenage years? Or do we just see and hear more about them than we did of teenagers pre social media as their personal and private lives are pasted all over the web for all to see? Would make for an interesting debate.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

saint75 wrote:
Scary really. Are teenagers of today worse than we were in our own teenage years? Or do we just see and hear more about them than we did of teenagers pre social media as their personal and private lives are pasted all over the web for all to see? Would make for an interesting debate.
Too be honest, it's a jungle out there.

But I'm not going to lie, most teenagers enjoy the 'drama' associated with it, me included.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

#1GILL wrote:
saint75 wrote:
Too be honest, it's a jungle out there.

But I'm not going to lie, most teenagers enjoy the 'drama' associated with it, me included.
At least you are honest.... :lol:

I am not that far out of my teenage years and I remember the drama and emotions of being one. We only had texting and email though. No facebook, twitter, myspace (maybe just started, can't remember), etc. However, looking through my Facebook account, I find that a lot of my 'older' friends are just as dramatic as the teenager 'friends'!

I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of some on these social media sites. It is like a competition as to who can have the most friends. No problems with that, however, when you make friends with over 500+ people (that you don't even know most of) and then plaster pictures of your house, your children, your family and also the exact dates when you are on holiday and when you leave and what time you get home, you are asking for trouble. You may as well just offer an invite for people to come and rob your home or some sicko to stalk you! I cannot believe that people have lost their smarts when it comes to social media.

Social media is FANTASTIC for businesses (use it for both of mine with AMAZING results). For my personal accounts, I find it a great way to keep track of friends and family in other parts of the country or the world. However, I keep mine strictly hidden and for only people that I know. Even then, I keep the information that I provide to a minimum. Just cannot be too careful.

We lock our homes and cars up when we go out, keep a close eye out on our kids to keep them out of harms way, etc, BUT when it comes to social media, we leave everything wide open and unlocked and basically invite trouble. Wonder what it will take for some to learn the dangers!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Yeah, but it's not real - it exists in cyberspace and it's a bunch of words. That's the real difference to 20 years ago. To say any of the completely unrestrained crap that they spew out now 20 years ago, you wouldn't have had a choice but to say it to someone's face, or over the phone.
There was the associated risk of getting a belting if you spoke to someone like that face to face. Now they're just play acting with no immediate consequences and mimicking what they see on any number of poor quality soapies and "reality" shows. It's tyhe social version of online Halo or WoW, but instead of kiling pretend people or mythical creatures, they're role-playing fantasy "bitch" games.

The old fashined kick up the arze is badly neded by todays teenagers, and girls in particular have been indulged by their parents to the point of permanent damage. Self control and self discipline are almost non-existent.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Somewhat of a tangent, but are Australian suburbs really so full of basically illiterate teenagers?

Do kids actually learn to spell and/or punctuate anymore?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

But really, it was all too routine. Another celebration, another incident, more lives scarred. Whatever really happened, a young woman was traumatised enough to go to the police - a rarity in sexual assault cases - and two young men lost their reputations. Regardless of guilt or innocence, this stays with them forever. If they think otherwise, they should remember that six months ago their coach called St Kilda's Stephen Milne a ''f---ing rapist'', based on 2004 claims that were never even tested in court. No winners here

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
None of this excuses appalling behaviour. If you're man enough to stand in front of a marauding pack on the field, you should be man enough not to be part of one off it. If you can stand the disappointment of losing a grand final, you should be able to stand the disappointment of a woman changing her mind. So what if your night ends with a cup of Milo rather than a stray root? Life, as any coach will tell you, is full of setbacks. Be a man, and live with it
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/societ ... 16d19.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:
Somewhat of a tangent, but are Australian suburbs really so full of basically illiterate teenagers?

Do kids actually learn to spell and/or punctuate anymore?
Bit hard to say. Most kids cannot touch type, so there writing is more prone to errors than old fashioned handwriting.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: The old fashined kick up the arze is badly neded by todays teenagers, and girls in particular have been indulged by their parents to the point of permanent damage. Self control and self discipline are almost non-existent.
Biggest load of twaddle I have read for quite some time.

I have two teenage girls who like all Gen Zér's have grown up with technology.

They use it, but know when to get off, or stop.

All of their friends have as much or little self control as any other generation teenagers.

There have always been bogans and kids who carry on like the s.hit highlighted in this thread. there have always been bad parents who couldn't give a flying F*** about their kids, but to label all kids in sweeping generalisations like you have shows you are completely clueless about kids.

Go and listen to the other outraged citizens on MTR and leave out the idiotic and incredibly ignorant social commentary. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:00am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Pisses me off when people think all teenagers are like this. No they arent FFS. I havent met too many people like Kim or that carry on like that.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:[ I gather probably have no or little recourse to any legal proceedings (maybe stinger can help here if he's dragged himself away from his GF seats yet).
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ...one reaps what they sow......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/namin ... 16d3d.html
too know or not to know- I wonder why Victoria hasn;t joined other states in stating names of all involved should be kept secret.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/namin ... 16d3d.html
too know or not to know- I wonder why Victoria hasn;t joined other states in stating names of all involved should be kept secret.
"St Kilda ex-football player Stephen Milne. "

WTF?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Posters abusing other posters for simply having an opinion is THE reason I don't bother dropping in here much anymore.

Amazing, one poster points out that ppl can abuse others on line with out fear of a smack in the face.... then the next guy (hidden behind a computer) abuses the first poster telling them they talk absolute crap. Which proves the first poster right. :)

Since the GF, SS has lowered it's colors to such a level, it's now an embarrassment to me and the great club I love - called the St Kilda FC.
The new slogan thread is a disgrace.

Many here like to back stab, front stab, player stab, coach stab, anyone or anything stab. Basically if it posts or moves stab it.

To all the rest I say, have a nice day. :)

i was actually waiting for a positive slogan in that new slogan thread

got sick of waiting and decided to post my own

Moods
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote: Since the GF, SS has lowered it's colors to such a level, it's now an embarrassment to me and the great club I love - called the St Kilda FC.

Many here like to back stab, front stab, player stab, coach stab, anyone or anything stab. Basically if it posts or moves stab it.

Strange - I actually enjoyed that thread. Really it's just saints supporters taking the piss out of themselves and their club. Bit like family members or close mates who hang crap on each other, but if anyone else tries it, look out! I thought it was pretty light hearted for the most part. I think everyone that follows the red, white and black is reasonably frustrated right now, and that was a good opportunity to vent.

I don't like threads where players are singled out and crucified umercifully.

I'm surprised that you have taken that thread so seriously though.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Moods wrote:
aussierules0k wrote: Since the GF, SS has lowered it's colors to such a level, it's now an embarrassment to me and the great club I love - called the St Kilda FC.

Strange - I actually enjoyed that thread. Really it's just saints supporters taking the piss out of themselves and their club. Bit like family members or close mates who hang crap on each other, but if anyone else tries it, look out! I thought it was pretty light hearted for the most part. I think everyone that follows the red, white and black is reasonably frustrated right now, and that was a good opportunity to vent.

I agree with this.
I love the StKilda Football Club. I ride every high and low with them and feel every bump along the way, and I'll defend the club and our boys to the hilt. However I enjoyed this thread. I took it as a bit of fun and humour which I'm pretty sure is the way most were intended.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:
Moods wrote:

I agree with this.
I love the StKilda Football Club. I ride every high and low with them and feel every bump along the way, and I'll defend the club and our boys to the hilt. However I enjoyed this thread. I took it as a bit of fun and humour which I'm pretty sure is the way most were intended.
+1

That's certainly how I took it otherwise I wouldn't have added my "tongue in cheek" submissions.

St Michele
Club Player

Being the mother of 3 teenage daughter and knowing many of their friends this persom is no relflection of young women of today. If anything after reading through many of her posts I would say she is a very very sad mentally ill person wanting attention.

Very sad situation.
Iceman234 wrote:
Helio wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Helio wrote:
#1GILL wrote:Anyone who wants to take a look at her Formspring:

http://www.formspring.me/ItsKimDuthie
What an appalling site. Why would someone open themselves to such abuse from random bogans? Sad lack of self esteem.

I must be getting old.
See my comments above, I also have no idea and must also be getting old...
Yes I saw your comments after my post took me to the last page. I couldn't find the words to comment on her replies to people abusing her, but you have expressed it well.
That blog is like watching a train wreck, and I thank #1Gill for directing me to it, it has enlightened me a lot about our youth...

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
SaintDebi
Club Player

I also have daughters: young adults. Through them I have met many respectful and self respecting young people, both male and female.
The little bit I've read of this young lady's posts are both saddening and alarming.
I haven't sussed the situation out properly, but if the parents are not on the scene is there a court appointed guardian? Are DHS involved?
Surely if we can access these posts then so can somebody, anybody who cares about this child. Alarm bells should be well and truly ringing. She may look 18, but she doesn't sound like a mature or particularly stable young person.

Showing my age here: I've never heard of formspring before. Can someone enlighten me? Is the whole purpose of it to let others comment on you and your life and find out what they truly think of you? Can anybody (whether you know them or not) contribute to these pages. And is there actually a constructive or useful purpose to these pages?
I'm asking in all seiousness. I get myspace and facebook. I can see pros to them as well as cons. But I'm not getting formspring, just from the glimpse of it I've had here.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.