New Linen House facility in Seaford - update and video

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Beej wrote:
Thing isn't even finished yet and our players already don't want to go to a "newly purpose-built, all-in-one spankingly clean centre without ghosts on the outskirts of metropolitan melbourne"
Which players? !!

ALL of them!
Perhaps they need to live a little in the 'real' world :wink:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

gringo wrote:The one thing about Seaford is it will be easy to park, living in the inner city is a pain in the arse when it comes to parking. You try parking anywhere near Visy and you're doing good. It takes 20 mins just to park around there.

If they could get Lin Fox to drop them in seaford in his copter we're all good.
that's a nice idea mate -- helipad!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Beej wrote:
Thing isn't even finished yet and our players already don't want to go to a "newly purpose-built, all-in-one spankingly clean centre without ghosts on the outskirts of metropolitan melbourne"
Which players? !!

ALL of them!
Where have they declared this? When have they declared this? To Whom have they declared this? Do you have any proof to support these claims? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Beej wrote:
Which players? !!

ALL of them!
Where have they declared this? When have they declared this? To Whom have they declared this? Do you have any proof to support these claims? !!
I cannot reveal my sources, of course you understand! :wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

ChicagoSaint wrote:Paul 'Huddo' Hudson clearly doesn't mind getting away from the madhouse that is Westpac and the St Kilda Gmes Record Holder seems pretty keen.
And I'd reckon Harvey thinks the Seaford Facility will be great, cuts his old commute down to around 15 - 20mins, also right near the end of east link so that puts most of the eastern suburbs within 20-30mins

Plus there are plenty of pretty nice places in the areas in and around Frankston. Olivers Hill is rather exclusive (albeit a small quake away from falling into the bay)

Club might even be able to invest in some houses near the facility to rent out to new recruits.
Last edited by Ice Wolf on Wed 13 Oct 2010 3:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Meh, I'd whinge if my job moved further away....in fact I did when my head office relocated a good 25 mins further from my home a couple of years back. :)

Whinging is just something we all do, doesn't mean they won't become accustomed to training there, or that they won't settle in.

Life moves on afterall.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
Beej wrote:No-one goes there anymore? Do you know where Carlton is? Have you ever been to Carlton? I reckon more people would use the public toilets around the Princes' Park running track in an hour than go to Frankston in a day.
I'm talking specifically about Visy when I say no-one goes there. It's a Heritage Listed DUMP.

Re. the public toilets at Princes Park perhaps you know more about them than me.
Beej wrote: Frankston is a long drive away from the heart of one of the world's most livable cities which just so happens to also be the centre of sport, art, tourism, education and, most importantly for footballers it seems, entertainment in this state, while Carlton is within walking distance and you believe there are actually professional footballers in the prime of their lives who would rather spend their time driving to Frankston and back?

Don't be ridiculous.
You may not know this, however Seaford is approx. 20mins from the city.
I'm just reading a bit about Seaford now. Maybe I've been a little too quick to judge.
Places of interest include the Seaford Foreshore Reserve, Kananook Creek, the historic Seaford Hotel and the ruins of the Seaford Wool Shed.
If I were a future draftee, living next to the famous wool shed ruins would seal it for me.
Seaford is home to several public park spaces including two with barbecue facilities and playground equipment.
Public parks, and not one, but TWO of them have barbecue facilities, you little fkn ripper!! :lol:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Beej wrote:
Which players? !!

ALL of them!
sources. you're a muppet!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure Seaford is lovely, but the reality is you just take a turn off Eastlink and you're practically at the new HQ.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Beej wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Beej wrote:No-one goes there anymore? Do you know where Carlton is? Have you ever been to Carlton? I reckon more people would use the public toilets around the Princes' Park running track in an hour than go to Frankston in a day.
I'm talking specifically about Visy when I say no-one goes there. It's a Heritage Listed DUMP.

Re. the public toilets at Princes Park perhaps you know more about them than me.
Beej wrote: Frankston is a long drive away from the heart of one of the world's most livable cities which just so happens to also be the centre of sport, art, tourism, education and, most importantly for footballers it seems, entertainment in this state, while Carlton is within walking distance and you believe there are actually professional footballers in the prime of their lives who would rather spend their time driving to Frankston and back?

Don't be ridiculous.
I'm just reading a bit about Seaford now. Maybe I've been a little too quick to judge.
Places of interest include the Seaford Foreshore Reserve, Kananook Creek, the historic Seaford Hotel and the ruins of the Seaford Wool Shed.
If I were a future draftee, living next to the famous wool shed ruins would seal it for me.
Seaford is home to several public park spaces including two with barbecue facilities and playground equipment.
Public parks, and not one, but TWO of them have barbecue facilities, you little fkn ripper!! :lol:
see !! not bad eh??

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I'm sure Seaford is lovely, but the reality is you just take a turn off Eastlink and you're practically at the new HQ.
they can keep listening to newman on the footy show if they like. personally channel nine lost me when they lost the rights.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Beej wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:

Don't be ridiculous.
They don't have to live in Seaford, they could live nearly anywhere in the south and east of the city and be only around 30mins from the facility.

Oliver's Hill in Frankston, Mt Eliza, or even back towards the city, it is no worse location than Moorrabbin and probably a lot better as it has easier and quicker access to the rest of the city.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There is a difference between our facility and those it is being compared with (Nth Melb, Bulldogs, Collingwood, Carlton). Their facilities are basically "Community Centres" where the footy club gets limited use

We have "EXCLUSIVE USE" to most of our facility and the lions share of the rest. !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Eastern wrote:There is a difference between our facility and those it is being compared with (Nth Melb, Bulldogs, Collingwood, Carlton). Their facilities are basically "Community Centres" where the footy club gets limited use

We have "EXCLUSIVE USE" to most of our facility and the lions share of the rest. !!
Also we had a blank slate to work with which would have lowered the cost.

If i remember Arden St needed to be decontaminated.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

trouble with being a douchbag is you meet other douchbags and you think that being a douchbag is okay.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Bono wrote: You may not see Seaford as an issue but a couple of assistant coaches, the list manager, staff in the marketing and membership departments, along with a few top 10 senior StK players DO have an issue with the move to Seaford.
EXACTLY!

The club is literally heading further south and our premiership window has possibly only a couple of more seasons to run!

When we are trying to compete with the likes of Collingwood who have the Westpac Centre, the board have signed off on a white elephant sold to them by a CEO who left only months later!

This will bite us big time!

The only positive I can see about Seaford is that it does not cost much, so when the inevitable happens and it turns into an absolute disaster, we will look for a new home closer to St Kilda, in about 10 years time!

It will eventually make it increasingly more difficult to attract quality players to our club, when competing with the likes of Collingwood with an inner city location!

St Kilda is the most marketable suburb in Victoria and one of the most marketable suburbs in Australia and it is just plain stupid, to even further dilute and distance the football club from the place that gives this club it's name!

When Rod Butterss was voted out, he was actively seeking to establish the club as close to St Kilda as possible!

Even Ross Lyon made the comment " the challenges that Seaford presents" when asked about the departure of Leigh Tudor!

If there is one tradition the club is continuing, it's the capacity to once again shoot itself in the foot!
So you seriously believe that staff are leaving because we’re moving to Seaford?
So you seriously believe that we will be unable to attract quality players & staff in the future because we’re moving to Seaford?
So you seriously believe the club’s future is at risk because we’re moving to Seaford?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Get a grip!

The majority of Hawthorn players presumably don’t live in Rowville. Yet I don’t see the likes of Franklin, Hodge, Rioli etc demanding to be traded to a club with an inner city training facility.

Players live all over the place. A player living in Sandringham, Beaumaris or even Brighton may actually prefer to travel down the freeway to Seaford rather than battle the traffic congestion to get to the Junction oval.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Bloody good point completely lost on Douche4Eva

Legendary
Club Player

90 years ago Kew was an outer suburb, you could buy acerage and run a farm and supply inner city Melbourne with some produce.

60 years ago Brighton was an outer suburb, if you lived there you were a young family with no money, trying to make a start.

30 years ago Carrum was farmland.

Seaford is currently an outer suburb.

In 40 years time when the population of Melbourne is 7 million people, and there is no countryside between Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula, Seaford will be a middle-upper class bayside suburb, only 30 minutes drive from the CBD.

Have some perspective and vision and embrace progress. Being small minded about development in a city which will double in size over the next 30 years is akin to sticking your head in the sand.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

dude, with the new lane on the monash seaford is less than 30mins from the CBD already. but that's not the point.

the point is that as an AFL club in 2010 we needed to be in a facility that was both secure and productive to ensure survival.

we may all have loved that to have been in moorabbin, or the junction oval, however and here's the kicker - it isn't.

so ppl will talk about it being in seaford but do you know what? > they're talking. and what they're talking about are the saints.

what the boys needed was a clean, safe and respectable workplace now and into the future. they have it in seaford.

the linen house centre in frankston is a blueprint. in the future clubs will look back at it as having had been a blueprint.

these are the facts.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Beej wrote:
Which players? !!

ALL of them!
Yeah righto....

Did Rix wake you during the night and mentioned this???

FFS get over it :roll: :roll: :idea: :idea:

Are you and Rix still an item???

Has he confirmed with your conspiracy theory that the selection of our coach Ross Lyon was compromised???

You are a joke and cannot be taken seriously :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

For comparison the longest trip for Victorian Based clubs would supposedly be Geelong- and some players do live in Melbourne- I have just taken Port Melbourne as a ;point for referance- and knew that some Saints had lived in that area.

Port melbourne - Skilled Stadium
1 hour 8 mins Princes Fwy 73.6 km

Port Melbourne - Linen House Centre
47 min Eastlink and Monash Fwy 53.3 km
1 hour 6 mins Nepean Hwy 40.0 km
1 hour 14 mins Nepean Hwy and Beach Rd 43.3 km

Sandringham- Linen House Centre
42 mins Nepean Hwy 26.4 km
South Rd - Linen House center
44 mins Nepean Hwy 28.0 km

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Has he confirmed with your conspiracy theory that the selection of our coach Ross Lyon was compromised???
We have the best coach in the AFL!

We will have one of the worst training facilities in the AFL even after this cheap thing is built in an awful location which the players are not over the moon with!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
We have the best coach in the AFL!

We will have one of the worst training facilities in the AFL even after this cheap thing is built in an awful location which the players are not over the moon with!
Bulltish.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:Port Melbourne - Linen House Centre
47 min Eastlink and Monash Fwy 53.3 km
1 hour 6 mins Nepean Hwy 40.0 km
1 hour 14 mins Nepean Hwy and Beach Rd 43.3 km

Sandringham- Linen House Centre
42 mins Nepean Hwy 26.4 km
South Rd - Linen House center
44 mins Nepean Hwy 28.0 km
LOL.
Did you pull those figs off a GPS bratty?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The picture Seaford painted in my head was of a nice,slightly upper class bayside suburb,then I ventured into the housing market and saw it...

Wowee,that suburb would have to be the worst outer suburb in Melbourne. If it wasn't bayside you might as well burn it down. I got flash backs of some of the terrible streets I'd see when I was living in Darwin....at least Darwin has coconut trees and Gecko's to keep you amused.

Why would any of the players want to travel out there. It's common sense to not want to

Bring back the Lockett era