Collingwood dream 2011 - AFL Admits Saints Have Tough Draw

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/h ... 5945196072
OUTSPOKEN Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett has accused the AFL of deliberately handing Collingwood another premiership, after the Pies received a dream draw.
Kennett's claims came as the Pies were again given 18 games in Melbourne, plus two well-placed byes, and do not travel until Round 14.

"They always have a dream run, but it's getting even more dreamy," Kennett said.

"They've got 14 games at the MCG, and they don't travel outside of Victoria until halfway through the season. It's extraordinary, unbelievable."
Well said Jeffrey. I like a man with the courage of his convictions.

He's right of course.
I am looking for the alternate view on Collingswoods draw - PLUGGER66 your thoughts - I know I can rely on you ?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
bigcarl wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/h ... 5945196072
OUTSPOKEN Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett has accused the AFL of deliberately handing Collingwood another premiership, after the Pies received a dream draw.
Kennett's claims came as the Pies were again given 18 games in Melbourne, plus two well-placed byes, and do not travel until Round 14.

"They always have a dream run, but it's getting even more dreamy," Kennett said.

"They've got 14 games at the MCG, and they don't travel outside of Victoria until halfway through the season. It's extraordinary, unbelievable."

Well said Jeffrey. I like a man with the courage of his convictions.

He's right of course.
I am looking for the alternate view on Collingswoods draw - PLUGGER66 your thoughts - I know I can rely on you ?

Level playing field. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Look, in the perfect world I'd like some more day games to take the kids to, but I understand the commercial benefit of lots of night games.

We have only 2 of those stupid Sunday Twilight games, which is almost as good as any team could hope for.

And 6 games at the MCG is brilliant, especially 4 away games that I can get into on my MCC membership - at last some value during the H&A season!

6 Interstate games is only 1 more than the perfect world of 5, so not too bad there.

Not happy with 2 interstate trips in a row after the bye, meaning unless you travel you can't see the Saints play in Victoria for 4 weeks!

Overall, I'd give this fixture 7.5/10

Couldn't give a fig who we play twice, how many "hard" games we have in the first 11 etc etc etc, it's all about the time slots!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

The filth really do get a leg up, its a bloody joke.

This competition is a complete farce...

So much is comprimised for the $.

It not a sport anymore, it is purely an expensive form of entertainment.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Who to say this softer draw won't backfire for Collingwood in 2011.

Perhaps part of the reason behind their success this year, was the fact that they had to challenge the top sides a couple of times?

ace
Saintsational Legend

The big catch in this draw for St Kilda is that the AFL has loaded St Kilda with night games and night games do not attract large crowds and large memberships.
Instead night games provide Demetriou with large TV revenue which he does not distribute to the clubs that create it at the expense of their membership numbers.
Demetriou is keeping St Kilda financially disadvantaged.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Who to say this softer draw won't backfire for Collingwood in 2011.

Perhaps part of the reason behind their success this year, was the fact that they had to challenge the top sides a couple of times?
Logic and reason have no place on here, K. Please return tone to bigoted, paranoid diatribe forthwith.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
SainterK wrote:Who to say this softer draw won't backfire for Collingwood in 2011.

Logic and reason have no place on here, K. Please return tone to bigoted, paranoid diatribe forthwith.
Every year everyone tells us Collingwood have a soft draw.

Yet it took them 20 years to win a flag, and even then they almost failed.

Let's just concentrate on our team and those things we can control.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

:)

Well, previously when they haven't challenged the tops sides often in a season, we know what happened when they then arrived to play them after a softish draw....

Tough draws = overcoming the best to be the best

matrix
Saintsational Legend

our draw looks alright i thought

what the pies get shites me off but we all know why they get the draw they do
thats the way it is
$$
always about the benjamins

mehh what do ya do?
two games over here we're happy about again
so thats something

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Our draw looks fine. We can only control who we play so we should be concerned with beating the teams put infront of our team at a certain date.

Good on Collingwood. Whilst they have the largest support base other clubs will always look to play them at home to cash in on the extra money.

It is not Collingwood's fault that they are the biggest club. It's a fact of this league.

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
jays
Club Player

every year same old crap Image

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The tougher the fixture can only make the taste of victory even more sweeter.

BRING THAT SH*T ON! 8-)

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!