Saintsational Banner for 2011 - Your ideas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Saintsational Banner for 2011 - Your ideas

Most of you probably wouldn't know, but I'm the one who has designed the banner for Saintsational over the past two years, where we have included our sponsorship players.

I do have a few ideas up my sleeve however I thought I'd put it to the Saintsational public to help me. Anything you can suggest would be helpful.

In particular I would like some ideas about how to present the players, the overall layout and the 'motto' that we use.

Thanks,
MS.

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saintsational Banner for 2011 - Your ideas

Moorabbin Saints wrote:Most of you probably wouldn't know, but I'm the one who has designed the banner for Saintsational over the past two years, where we have included our sponsorship players.

I do have a few ideas up my sleeve however I thought I'd put it to the Saintsational public to help me. Anything you can suggest would be helpful.

In particular I would like some ideas about how to present the players, the overall layout and the 'motto' that we use.

Thanks,
MS.
What you had this year was great...

But, first step is to find a poster that is willing to do what Mr Magic has done so well...

I feel he may not post anymore after being insulted by a poster that should have been banned way before he did IMO...

It took myself and about 2 or 3 other posters to organise his avatar in some sort of appreciation of the outstanding work he has done for saintsational, but sadly that may be all down the drain, thanks to some deadsh1t poster that was allowed to come back after being banned on at least 3 passions before.

The admin staff were warned in time for that poster to be banned but sadly tooo flowering late to respond!!!

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SaintSimmo
Club Player

I reckon we should include the saints crest into it somehow.
Maybe a few action shots of our boys.
The subtitle could be that from BJ: "If we don't achieve it, we'll bloody die trying"
Working on one right now, doing it quickly though.

Sainter for life.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

I reckon something like this...which i made. :D, sorry its gone a bit blurry up you get the idea.
But you would update the player sponsorship names in the top right corner.
I don't know whether its too much though.
Last edited by SaintSimmo on Mon 29 Nov 2010 9:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainter for life.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:I reckon we should include the saints crest into it somehow.
Maybe a few action shots of our boys.
The subtitle could be that from BJ: "If we don't achieve it, we'll bloody die trying"
Working on one right now, doing it quickly though.
Good idea, but I am not sure about the legalities of have an official St Kilda registered crest (which is owned by the AFL) on an "unofficial site"...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Sam23
SS Life Member

to big

Goddard.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:to big
you can shrink it down

Sainter for life.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

i dont know whether this is possible but you could do something similar to the banner on the saints site, but instead of 45,000 strong in the middle it could say saintsational.com.

Sainter for life.
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Not bad Saintsimmo, I think it's just way too cluttered. I think for a website banner it needs to be fairly simple. I also wouldn't like to increase the size much more than it is now.

I do like BJ's quote, and will probably use it. I'm a bit unsure about using the crest, initially I was told to blur it out completely on the players jumpers/shirts, however I left it and it seems fine.

One idea I did have was to use the four white bits of our logo and put player photos in them. The only problem is that we have five...

I'll try a few things, I just tried putting the players in a filmstrip, looks okay but not great.

How does this look?

Its pretty rough.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

with increase in costs it may be that there will only be 3/4
dependant on the level of sponsorship

First we need to convinve MM to continue\
and then decide the process

but I think you will find as you assume Morrabbinsaint that use of the logo- maybe apart from being in the players clothing will not be allowed.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Moorabbin Saints wrote:Not bad Saintsimmo, I think it's just way too cluttered. I think for a website banner it needs to be fairly simple. I also wouldn't like to increase the size much more than it is now.

I'll try a few things, I just tried putting the players in a filmstrip, looks okay but not great.

How does this look?

Its pretty rough.
Agree about the clutter, bit too much going on. I'm not sure about the filmstrip because it doesnt really relate.

Sainter for life.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:with increase in costs it may be that there will only be 3/4

but I think you will find as you assume Morrabbinsaint that use of the logo- maybe apart from being in the players clothing will not be allowed.
Maybe a hard task to convince MM to continue IMO, considering they (the admin) had reasonable time to ban the SOAB well before he started his triad of abuse against him.

I hope he returns and realises that it was never his request for that SOAB to be banned.

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
saintbrat wrote:with increase in costs it may be that there will only be 3/4

Maybe a hard task to convince MM to continue IMO, considering they (the admin) had reasonable time to ban the SOAB well before he started his triad of abuse against him.

I hope he returns and realises that it was never his request for that SOAB to be banned.
Whats done is done mate, no point on dwelling on the past. Yeah, they may have been a little late, but we can't fix that now can we?

I am quietly confident MM will return, I think he has too much to give to this forum to not return and run the sponsorship.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Moorabbin Saints wrote:Most of you probably wouldn't know, but I'm the one who has designed the banner for Saintsational over the past two years, where we have included our sponsorship players.

Thanks,
MS.

But, first step is to find a poster that is willing to do what Mr Magic has done so well...

I feel he may not post anymore after being insulted by a poster that should have been banned way before he did IMO...

It took myself and about 2 or 3 other posters to organise his avatar in some sort of appreciation of the outstanding work he has done for saintsational, but sadly that may be all down the drain, thanks to some deadsh1t poster that was allowed to come back after being banned on at least 3 passions before.

The admin staff were warned in time for that poster to be banned but sadly tooo flowering late to respond!!!
This is about the banner, not your friggin chance to again tell us of your skills in tracking down a banned poster.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well you cant use the crest
its a copyrighted logo (?)

i like the saintsational style of lettering used at the moment

SAINTSATIONAL...
"...because everything else is history"

and then the players we sponsor

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I reckon one of the post-GF quotes in my signature would work well

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Thanks,
MS.

This is about the banner, not your friggin chance to again tell us of your skills in tracking down a banned poster.
Well F*** me, you farkstick!!!!

This is also about a person that organises the sponsorship, a person that imo had been personally attacked....

a poster that you seem to have arguments with MM posts...

I gave you my rational about this banned poster so let it be FFS

and again yes this is about the banner, and since MM has stated that he will continue this is over andso be it...

suck it up P66!!

PS

Learn how to communicate, without being so abrasive :idea:

One would think that most posters enjoy MM as a poster and a contributer to this site ...

You may think otherwise but who the F*** cares

Batnoe
Club Player

Why Would we even try? So many people here are so f****** dumb they cannot follow anything a little bit complex or change, my brother is one of the highest paid designers/ graphic artists in the UK and has designed things for this forum in the past only to be abbused as ppl can't handle change or are too retarded to follow something compex so why should anyone bother? Times are ever changing you f****** dinosaurs and get with the present

Carn Saints
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Meh, I am going to try because I am awake and a litte bored, and really don't care if anyone wants to rubbish my idea :)

Please excuse the fact I am limited to paint as my design program so only have the one font, but what about using a design similar to the NAB cup hot cross bun jumper?

This would of course only work for four players, given people have indicated we may not go for as many this year it may still suit....and I have just take a couple of names from this year, no idea who we will be going for.

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Meh, I am going to try because I am awake and a litte bored, and really don't care if anyone wants to rubbish my idea :)

Please excuse the fact I am limited to paint as my design program so only have the one font, but what about using a design similar to the NAB cup hot cross bun jumper?

This would of course only work for four players, given people have indicated we may not go for as many this year it may still suit....and I have just take a couple of names from this year, no idea who we will be going for.

I do like that, I will definitely take it into consideration.

Can we try keep this thread civilized? Its about the banner... not the sponsorship.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

MM is back in the fold and prepared to keep up the sponsorship, so that should keep this thread on topic.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
avid
Club Player

Moorabbin Saints wrote:
SainterK wrote:Meh, I am going to try because I am awake and a litte bored, and really don't care if anyone wants to rubbish my idea :)

I do like that, I will definitely take it into consideration.

Can we try keep this thread civilized? Its about the banner... not the sponsorship.
Too many sub-frames around the player pictures. Apart from that, it's a great idea! I'd be happy opening up to that each day.

Maybe you could extend the left arm of the white cross right across the banner, between the Saintsational graphic and the sponsorship text below.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hey Avid

This something like what you meant?

Anyhow, I've had my fun now....looking forward to seeing who SS decides to sponsor.

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Hey Avid

Anyhow, I've had my fun now....looking forward to seeing who SS decides to sponsor.
I will absolutely look at doing something like that.

Very good, a few fine touches will make an excellent banner.

avid
Club Player

Moorabbin Saints wrote:
SainterK wrote:Hey Avid

I will absolutely look at doing something like that.

Very good, a few fine touches will make an excellent banner.
I reckon that's looking great!