Gilbo Statement

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Gilbo Statement

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

Following today’s press conference with Nick Riewoldt, please see below statement from Sam Gilbert:

“I think it is important to confirm the following;

Nick Riewoldt has never met or does not know the person in question in respect to the posting of his photograph on Facebook yesterday.

I confirm emphatically that the photo was taken by myself and taken in Nick’s hotel room in Miami while on holidays over 12 months ago.

I can also confirm that the pictures that were posted on Facebook were taken from my computer and that is currently subject to discussion with the Victoria Police.

I would also like to take this opportunity to offer my public apologies to Nick Riewoldt, Nick Dal Santo, Zac Dawson and their families as well as the St Kilda Football Club for the distress this may have caused.

In this particular case there has been a significant breach of privacy without my knowledge or consent. I have through this process learnt a very real and harsh lesson of the risks involved by taking photos of this nature, irrespective of where the photos are kept.â€

chook23
Saintsational Legend

already in another thread

saint4life
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

That's all he really could've said but I'm glad he (whether he wrote it or the PR team) actually have made some public word.

I think too many on here have been far too quick to dismiss him - it, as far as I'm concerned, was an innocent mistake on his part and if you took the time to put yourselves in his shoes you have to surely have some sympathy for him.

St Kilda as a club have done their bit in this 'saga' - now the players can go and enjoy their Christmas and come back completely refreshed and ready to unleash the bubble on all in '11.