AGM on Thursday - Who is going to speak up?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

AGM on Thursday - Who is going to speak up?

who is going to be the person who stands up during the meeting and enquires about the off-season debarcle for a second year in a row?

whose fault is it? The leadership group? is there something endemic with the saints? why do they shoot themselves in the foot?

if you add up all the issues in the past 14 months it is no wonder the saints do not have a major sponsor.

Why would a major sponsor join with the ongoing bad publicity the saints are producing monthly?

If you listen to the radio today, everyone is going hang the saints, and i don't disagree.

I am getting sick and tired of waking up in the morning and cringing every time there is an AFL story in the news (no matter what reason) and lately its all about the saints.
Last edited by saintly on Tue 01 Feb 2011 8:05am, edited 1 time in total.

wallbanger
Club Player

Totally agree.

Am starting to get a little sick of having to justify poor behaviour again and again.

We really are the laughing stock of the league, and it's no wonder.

Yes, before anyone says it, of course I will stick with the boys and support them now more than ever blah, blah, blah.

As a supporter though, I agree that it is time that WE started to kick up a stink about the lack of respect and appreciation these idiots have for their club, their jumper and their supporters.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Yes, but will anyone listen/act on complaints? Sorry to be cynical but it's getting to be like an old record when the dreaded "press releases" come out so the AGM is unlikely to be anything other than a Platitudefest (is that a word?)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

barks will say something :?

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:barks will say something :?
And make us look even more idiotic?? I hope not.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

seriously could the st kilda football club really look like a bigger bunch of rabble than they do now???

any more of this crap off field s*** and ill be sitting at home this season
f*** em ill save the money and watch it on the telly and might venture in for the GF if we get there
other than that, no games till finals time
im not wasting the money

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Get ready to be shouted down by the automatons who will hear nothing but good about their beloved Saints.

Barks was attacked and shouted down because he dared to ask questions.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:seriously could the st kilda football club really look like a bigger bunch of rabble than they do now???
four wooden spoons in the early 80's springs to mind.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

and f****** good on him then

might not see eye to eye, but if tough questions are asked by ANYONE then good

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:and f****** good on him then

Agreed, however the baying mob made sure his voice was shouted down.

I have seen it on numerous times at AGM's. It disgusts me and is the reason I dont attend anymore.

Lance or James??

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
matrix wrote:and f****** good on him then

Agreed, however the baying mob made sure his voice was shouted down.

I have seen it on numerous times at AGM's. It disgusts me and is the reason I dont attend anymore.
Mob rule is a shocking state of affairs.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I think a lot of people will speak with thier money..

If you had not of already brought a membership would you be considering your options now?

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
stewmac
Club Player

dals_da_bomb wrote:I think a lot of people will speak with thier money..

If you had not of already brought a membership would you be considering your options now?
i havent renewed my membership as was goin to wait until i moved house next month,we are interstate supporters so pay $100 to get into a ballot to try a get a ticket for the only game in wa ,1400 members divided by 500 tickets and i need 3 ,have more chance buying a ticket on ebay for $30 ,not sure if its really value for money,my nephew is 9 yrs old and the club arent really setting a good example to the kids really, i will likely sign up next month but im sure there are plenty of people that will decide against it .

St Michele
Club Player

I agree I have a couple from Belgium staying with me and have shown them the Saints dvds and they are excited about going to the footy to see the Saints play, have a Saints sticker to go on their van while travelling. have Western Saints shirts and were wearing them proudly when this broke. The young man staying is a PE teacher and was so interested in the game was wanting to promoter AFL in Belguim, this is how the game grows .... now am a little bit embarrassed I had really hoped the crap was over :-(
stewmac wrote:
dals_da_bomb wrote:I think a lot of people will speak with thier money..

i havent renewed my membership as was goin to wait until i moved house next month,we are interstate supporters so pay $100 to get into a ballot to try a get a ticket for the only game in wa ,1400 members divided by 500 tickets and i need 3 ,have more chance buying a ticket on ebay for $30 ,not sure if its really value for money,my nephew is 9 yrs old and the club arent really setting a good example to the kids really, i will likely sign up next month but im sure there are plenty of people that will decide against it .

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I renewed my membership...or rather, I went to Moorabbin and paid up! My Age subscription is about as chaotic as ever, players continue to behave like idiots, and while I'm not one of the "tear -em up" brigade I will seriously reconsider the LEVEL of my paid commitment to the club while this is allowed to continue!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:I renewed my membership...or rather, I went to Moorabbin and paid up! My Age subscription is about as chaotic as ever, players continue to behave like idiots, and while I'm not one of the "tear -em up" brigade I will seriously reconsider the LEVEL of my paid commitment to the club while this is allowed to continue!
But do you sign up as a member for the age subscription? Or to follow how the boys behave off field?

Or do you sign up as a member to follow what happens on field?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
linmarnic
Club Player

I too feel very disappointed with all this but I will not let the indiscretions of a few players ruin the hope I have for the 2011 on field success. I will be renewing my membership.

Never give up
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:Get ready to be shouted down by the automatons who will hear nothing but good about their beloved Saints.

Barks got shut down because he was re-hashiing old stuff about the move to Seaford. Plus he didn't follow the correct rules and regulations of running a meeting and he looked like a pillock.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Get ready to be shouted down by the automatons who will hear nothing but good about their beloved Saints.

Barks got shut down because he was re-hashiing old stuff about the move to Seaford. Plus he didn't follow the correct rules and regulations of running a meeting and he looked like a pillock.
How surprising.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
linz
Club Player

Steady as she goes.

I had a Carlton supporter questioning our so called "Bad Culture". I replied by mentioning several Carlton Premiership players particularly in the 80's and 90's and one, no two, no three ex-Presidents with dubious characters.

This current rubbish is nothing. Maybe our "Bubble" is see through.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Isn't the bubble to shield players from external issues beyond their control, not sure this falls into that catergory?

linz
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Isn't the bubble to shield players from external issues beyond their control, not sure this falls into that catergory?
OK forget the bubble. I think it's more the hypocrisy from other clubs.
This isn't just a Saints problem, it's a societal problem.
"Must be a Drug addict" isn't on the Saints player application form as far as I know!

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
The Mullet
Club Player

All 44 players will be attending the AGM..maybe hearing the supporters' opinions on these continual stuff ups will make a few of them reassess themselves and their futures.

St Lenny
Club Player

I love the St Kilda Football CLub and not renewing would never be an issue for me. I have always defended the boys to the hilt, but seriously, enough is enough.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

So...whos going to the AGM??

Ill be there..been meaning to go to one for a few years now but never get around to it

Think this year could be a a cut above your normal dull business meeting. Prez's address in particular would be worth the effort

Do you need your 2010 Membership card to get in?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor