Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

melton girl
Club Player

tess the reason NICK REIWOLDT was there was because he and two other players Blake and Milne had received their LIFE MEMBERSHIPS. The other 2 players had finished receiving their life memberships and speeches when it was Nicks turn ,but of cause the media don't let people know that did they. Its a shame the media don't account want happened all through the AGM instead taking little bits out of each speech.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: journos

Tess wrote:...As a Pie supporting visitor here I post this with trepidation...
And so you should Testicle.

I'm suprised you haven't rolled with your usual John Greening rant.
Last edited by Leo.J on Sun 06 Feb 2011 2:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Unlike some, I have no objection to opposition supporters posting on here - BUT don't come on here telling us what we're doing wrong and what your club is now doing better.

Is Nick Maxwell suddenly the yard stick of what all leaders should become? Maybe Roo's old man should get in the paper telling everyone that when Roo wins the flag he's going to ring everyone up and stick it up em.

He's the captain of our club - not the puppet. He's not going to run everything through Greg Westaway or Ross Lyon. I don't agree with the timing of his speech but I also would be horrified if the club micro managed it's captain to the extent of vetting his speeches.

Not sure that Eddie's rant at an AGM or anywhere else for that matter would have half the impact as moving a few blokes on and suspending the other high profile players. AS many have mentioned, Eddie had more of a reason to go off tap - Collingwood players were consistently BREAKING THE LAW or CONSORTING WITH CRIMINALS.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:

Can you Imagine Maxwell going onstage at a Pies AGM without him running past Eddie what he was about to say? I can't.

This is not a post to shite stir ..... it just seems obvious to most non Saints supporters.
So Tess the famous ant-Saint Troll now posts here.

As usual her posts are full of rubbish.

I assume from her post that Eddie was at "those" post-GF celebrations that went so well for the Pies and ruined their GF win celebrations????????

I mean if we are to believe her there is always a Pies minder are on hand, and that the Pies never go off track post post-Didak suspension.

But they have..and will again.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

so ummm
whey are they allowed here again?

oneteam
Club Player

Enrico_Misso wrote:Perhaps Caro remembers back to her teenage days hanging around Richmond as the President's daughter and identifies a bit with young Kim?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tess
Opposition Fan

saintsRrising wrote:
I joined a month after you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Why would you even bother coming on another site? It is very sad. Instead of spending time you should go to the dentist and on your way get you dole cheque then head to the pokies and see if you double or lose it. As you dont work you can then head home for a quickie with your brother and then have time to get your front teeth fixed.

All in all a good days work.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Nice bit of irrelevancy.. You will note that I am not a member of any Pie Forum.

Back to the question. Which Pie's minder was out with the Pies' players post GF when they were so well behaved?

You know, as per your statement as to why Pie players are now so well behaved?

Second question...which Pie minder was with the Pie player who was bonking KD? And why did the Pie minder allow him to bonk KD?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Tess wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Nice bit of irrelevancy.. You will note that I am not a member of any Pie Forum.

Back to the question. Which Pie's minder was out with the Pies' players post GF when they were so well behaved?

Second question...which Pie minder was with the Pie player who was bonking KD? And why did the Pie minder allow him to bonk KD?
And bring her to the Eve Nightclub to 'party' with the players after teh GF.

And if Heaf SHaw was with Didak in teh car when they drunkenly smashed into parked cars and then lied that Didak was there, why did Rhys Shaw get shipped off to Sydney as the penalty?

And if 'lying' is such a no-no at 'great culture Collingwood' why are Eddie, Malthouse and Maxwell still there, given that they all lied about the Milne 'you're a f****** rapist' incident?

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Tess wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

And bring her to the Eve Nightclub to 'party' with the players after teh GF.

And if Heaf SHaw was with Didak in teh car when they drunkenly smashed into parked cars and then lied that Didak was there, why did Rhys Shaw get shipped off to Sydney as the penalty?

And if 'lying' is such a no-no at 'great culture Collingwood' why are Eddie, Malthouse and Maxwell still there, given that they all lied about the Milne 'you're a f****** rapist' incident?
Heaf Shaw wasn't in the car, he was in the goal square doing what he does best. :wink:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Testicle and JPBFC two sad individuals.

Trolling oposition forums...you've sometimes got to ask yourself why?

Low self esteem comes to mind.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Either way it's illegal InkerSaint. Even if they were all prescribed sleeping pills, deliberately using them in this fashion is actually illegal.

ican remember a couple of occassions when i had a really bad headache and my mother gave me a couple of her panadine forte.....probably illegal on your argument...but it fixed my headache.....would i do it again...you f****** better believe it.....geez we can get carried away these days.....big brother and all that......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Moods wrote:
Either way it's illegal InkerSaint. Even if they were all prescribed sleeping pills, deliberately using them in this fashion is actually illegal.

ican remember a couple of occassions when i had a really bad headache and my mother gave me a couple of her panadine forte.....probably illegal on your argument...but it fixed my headache.....would i do it again...you f****** better believe it.....geez we can get carried away these days.....big brother and all that......
Because that's exactly what these guys were doing Stinger.....

The only ppl getting carried away are the ones suggesting that I was intimating that they could be or should charged. They were deliberately mixing prescription sleeping pills with alcohol for an artificial high - is that what you were doing when you had a bad headache? I doubt it.

My point about what they were doing being illegal was in response to people believing that it was all harmless fun and was just a few guys having some drinks and missing curfew. I believe that it IS a much more serious issue than that and by the clubs response to the situation I reckon they do as well.

I think we can all differentiate b/w someone having trouble sleeping and another player giving him a sleeping pill to assist with the problem, and a scenario where a player wants an artificial high and DELIBERATELY mixes the probably numerous pills with alcohol.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:
Kate wrote:I doubt Maxwell could string three coherent words together. :roll:

lmao
okay...now f*** off....
:evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
stinger wrote:
Moods wrote:

Because that's exactly what these guys were doing Stinger.....

The only ppl getting carried away are the ones suggesting that I was intimating that they could be or should charged. They were deliberately mixing prescription sleeping pills with alcohol for an artificial high - is that what you were doing when you had a bad headache? I doubt it.

My point about what they were doing being illegal was in response to people believing that it was all harmless fun and was just a few guys having some drinks and missing curfew. I believe that it IS a much more serious issue than that and by the clubs response to the situation I reckon they do as well.

I think we can all differentiate b/w someone having trouble sleeping and another player giving him a sleeping pill to assist with the problem, and a scenario where a player wants an artificial high and DELIBERATELY mixes the probably numerous pills with alcohol.

i don't disagree with what you are saying.....dangerous activity....yes....illegal......not really.....

Richter
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:Richter - not sure I ever said our club has a culture problem. I will have to re-read Caroline Wilson's article again, as I'm not sure she said that either. From what I recall she said we have handled some of these incidents terribly and that Roo's speech resonated of a siege mentality. I am saying that the players need to read the play better. When you are news of the month, you don't put a foot wrong.

If the players involved in NZ had committed such a minor misdemeanor, why were they suspended for 6 weeks and fined the maximum amount allowed under AFL rules? Why did the club see fit to announce it to the world? WE created that news by telling the world about it, so I hardly think we can then bleat on about how the media have been unfair to us. How easy would it have been, especially if the club considered the incident extremely minor, to handle it all internally? Whilst pre-season is going on, pretty sure no-one would have noticed that Stanley Stevens and Cahill were training with sandy and Zac's absence could very easily have been passed off as the ankle injury he's carrying. I don't think the club sees their indiscretion as minor at all. The deliberate mixing of alcohol and prescription drugs is a real concern I reckon. In fact the main difference b/w that and mixing alcohol with speed or cocaine is that one is illegal and the other isn't.

What they did is actually illegal as well and an indictable offence. Taking prescription medication that is not prescribed to you is illegal. These drugs are very dangerous if not taken in the manner they are intended which is why it is illegal. Giving prescription medication to ppl who aren't prescribed it is illegal. See Ben Cousins last year as Exhibit a) as to what can happen when alcohol and too many prescription drugs are mixed.

Possibly if the players had attended a few more lectures on this subject they would have been educated as to the effects of this dangerous mix and also the legalities of what they have done/doing. Like I said - the clubs not perfect, the intentions are generally very good - but I reckon even Ross had a wake-up call last week.[/i]
She did say that Roo feels that we're a club under siege - and claimed that is not correct! Er, hello! The question is whether the punishment (moral outrage from multiple opinion pieces in the press) fits the crime (relatively minor indiscretions). There's also no understanding of the fact that the promotion of a "siege mentality" (whether reasonable or not) by the playing group is in fact likely to bring the squad closer together and thus improve their workings AS A TEAM. For a good example of this, see the way that Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson represent themselves towards the press in England.

The reason the club is coming down like a ton of bricks IMO is because it is trying to clamp down on any errant behaviour at this time. So where are the articles congratulating the club on being so vigorous with its discipline?

As I work with adolescents and young people I assure you that I am quite well aware about the topic of substance misuse. Whilst not condoning the mixing of alcohol (and probably temazepam), in the real world it is not always such a dangerous combination as you make out. "Lecturing" young men is not a particularly useful way of successful way of making them alter their behaviour. Learning by way of reward and punishment is.

As far as I am aware, there is no mention made of whether the guys used anybody's but their own prescription medication - it has been reported that Zac has been prescribed sleeping tablets, and it is unknown if any of the others have been. Neither has it been spelled out which of the players committed which acts. So saying that something illegal took place, is simply supposition on your behalf.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

It needs to be understood also though, that Wilson has the biggest agenda going around, and one that she's been all over for years -

Women in football.

That's clearly her angle.

I have vies on the women in football thing, but I couldn't be bothered sharing them now.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Moods wrote:Richter - not sure I ever said our club has a culture problem. I will have to re-read Caroline Wilson's article again, as I'm not sure she said that either. From what I recall she said we have handled some of these incidents terribly and that Roo's speech resonated of a siege mentality. I am saying that the players need to read the play better. When you are news of the month, you don't put a foot wrong.

If the players involved in NZ had committed such a minor misdemeanor, why were they suspended for 6 weeks and fined the maximum amount allowed under AFL rules? Why did the club see fit to announce it to the world? WE created that news by telling the world about it, so I hardly think we can then bleat on about how the media have been unfair to us. How easy would it have been, especially if the club considered the incident extremely minor, to handle it all internally? Whilst pre-season is going on, pretty sure no-one would have noticed that Stanley Stevens and Cahill were training with sandy and Zac's absence could very easily have been passed off as the ankle injury he's carrying. I don't think the club sees their indiscretion as minor at all. The deliberate mixing of alcohol and prescription drugs is a real concern I reckon. In fact the main difference b/w that and mixing alcohol with speed or cocaine is that one is illegal and the other isn't.

What they did is actually illegal as well and an indictable offence. Taking prescription medication that is not prescribed to you is illegal. These drugs are very dangerous if not taken in the manner they are intended which is why it is illegal. Giving prescription medication to ppl who aren't prescribed it is illegal. See Ben Cousins last year as Exhibit a) as to what can happen when alcohol and too many prescription drugs are mixed.

Possibly if the players had attended a few more lectures on this subject they would have been educated as to the effects of this dangerous mix and also the legalities of what they have done/doing. Like I said - the clubs not perfect, the intentions are generally very good - but I reckon even Ross had a wake-up call last week.[/i]

The reason the club is coming down like a ton of bricks IMO is because it is trying to clamp down on any errant behaviour at this time. So where are the articles congratulating the club on being so vigorous with its discipline?

As I work with adolescents and young people I assure you that I am quite well aware about the topic of substance misuse. Whilst not condoning the mixing of alcohol (and probably temazepam), in the real world it is not always such a dangerous combination as you make out. "Lecturing" young men is not a particularly useful way of successful way of making them alter their behaviour. Learning by way of reward and punishment is.
I thought that C. Wilson's article actually did congratulate the saints on being open with what happened in NZ and the punishment meted out to the offenders. She believed that this was undone by Roo's speech at the agm. Once again, not saying I'm agreeing with her entirely, but unlike other articles I thought that fact in itself showed she was more measured than some other journos/comentators who have gone in at the saints feet first.

AS for your proposition that mixing prescription drugs and alcohol isn't all that dangerous - maybe we should keep that to ourselves when around Ben Cousins as he nearly died from that very combination. I'm no expert, but from what I understand it slows your heart right down to dangerous levels.

BTW - I would say that attending lectures on the subject is an educational process. Incredibly many young ppl would have no idea what the drugs they ingest (illicit or prescription) have on their bodies. A bit similar to sexual assault. I reckon a massive % of blokes have no idea what constitutes rape. Attending these lectures is very valuable in my opinion and the club should have (if they didn't as reported) got right behind these programmes.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote: So saying that something illegal took place, is simply supposition on your behalf.
Actually, Moods is full of s***.

When you say that something is actually against the law, the implication is that you know what you are talking about.

Unfortunately it was caro like, hysterical and utter bulls***.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Moods
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Richter wrote: So saying that something illegal took place, is simply supposition on your behalf.

When you say that something is actually against the law, the implication is that you know what you are talking about.

Rather than tell me I'm full of s***. How about proving it?

BallBanger
Club Player

Tess wrote:
happy feet wrote: I am sick of reading about what some of our players get up to. How about trying something new - behave yourself.

I watched the Doc tribute last night and it brought a tear to the eye. Cowboy was right when he said we have waited too long for another premiership. I think our players need to clean their acts up off the field, in every aspect. Then we may see success.
As a Pie supporting visitor here I post this with trepidation.

Legend goes when life at Lexus was all bad news headlines and it turned out some players had lied, Eddie went right off tap at the players and staff. He laid down the law that things are changing and people either stay or go no in between.

This kind of thing starts at the top, from covering things up, to making excuses and so on. The Coach and Football department got on with handling the Footy side of things while the Admin dealt with the problems. If that meant the boys needed a minder when out and about they got it. If they needed a Job it was found for them.
If they needed a housekeeper to clean and cook for them, they got it.
I remember Ed was quoted at one AGM during all the crap that "Nothing good happens after 3.00am". That wasn't a curfew, that was a statement of fact for AFL Footballers .

What I am either seeing or and I'll be honest, maybe it's what I want to see is the St Kilda hierarchy making excuses and blaming everyone else for whats been going on. There is no hint from the leadership that they recognise something whether it be the Club culture or AFL Culture but there is no hint of dealing with the problems. Frankly what your captain said was dumb and IMO shows he is feeling the heat. But why was he allowed by the President or board members to go on stage and say what he did, what control does the Clubs Admin actually have?

Can you Imagine Maxwell going onstage at a Pies AGM without him running past Eddie what he was about to say? I can't.

This is not a post to shite stir ..... it just seems obvious to most non Saints supporters.
The culture of lying started at the top...eddie malthouse etc spend their life lying

Why would you come on here slezz surely you have not been banned from all your sleezy bars

What sex are you this week??

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Prove what?

That you are guessing what happened and guessing what the law is ?

I guess that you are wrong.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Moods
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Moods wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Prove what?

That you are guessing what happened and guessing what the law is ?

I guess that you are wrong.
Not guessing what the law is. You can look it up yourself if you can be bothered. Why do I suspect that you are too lazy and ignorant to do that though :roll:

A person who is found in possession of prescription medication that does not belong to them is guilty of possessing a drug of dependence. If it wasn't an offence then we wouldn't need to worry about pesky doctors would we? WE could just buy it over the counter. And before you trout off about how do we know all the players weren't prescribed the medication - I would have thought it was obvious. THe club made a point of stating that Zac was on prescribed medication. They were silent on the other 3. But whatever helps your argument. Feel free to turn a perfectly civil discussion into a slagging match though.

Thanks for your contribution

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: My point about what they were doing being illegal was in response to people believing that it was all harmless fun and was just a few guys having some drinks and missing curfew.
My point is that none of us know the details of what happened, so when you presume the worst, then claim that it is actually illegal (when it isn't) it is apparent that your point is irrelevant.

Only someone that knows the facts and is actually familiar with the law should make those kind of statements.

It's ok to have an opinion that something sucks, but please don't pretend that you speak with any authority.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post