No intra-club this year.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:My point is that its another thing that the member is losing like locking the gates at training like having the club magazine go from 6 edtions a year too one preseaon booklet its these little things that make the member feel part of the club. Surly its not that hard too set one night aside in the preseason to let us see the boys in Action
all due respects tho Mcadam .. we lock the gates to stop teams gaining an advantage on us not to delibratly keep members out .... in this game we have seen in 09 grand final and in the 10 drawn grandfinal how even the slightest advantage could be the differance between winning the flag and not ..... we are not the suburban club anymore the dropped that in order to be a successful club and a viable club .....

back in the day when we got 6 editions of the Saint magazine we didnt have a website updated daily or a facebook updated hourly ... the world has changed and the club has with it ... some things from the past will be missed but some things i think we all would agree are better left in the past ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

maybe no intra club this year because of the under age girl and all her media whoreing, and the possibility of her appearing again.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Wigsy
Club Player

goodie wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote::lol: :lol: . I do like Emma .
If Emma has a voice that matches the quality of her writing (I've never heard her), I'd have no problem with her calling the football.

No, she really doesn't have a voice for footy actually. Lacks confidence and a fair bojan.

2009 - the year of the Saint (modified name from MasonCJ2)
Wigsy
Club Player

Oops, sorry, mis-directed the previous quote - the final sentence is mine. Alas, I really don't have a voice for posting on forums :D

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:My point is that its another thing that the member is losing like locking the gates at training like having the club magazine go from 6 edtions a year too one preseaon booklet its these little things that make the member feel part of the club. Surly its not that hard too set one night aside in the preseason to let us see the boys in Action
all due respects tho Mcadam .. we lock the gates to stop teams gaining an advantage on us not to delibratly keep members out .... in this game we have seen in 09 grand final and in the 10 drawn grandfinal how even the slightest advantage could be the differance between winning the flag and not ..... we are not the suburban club anymore the dropped that in order to be a successful club and a viable club .....

back in the day when we got 6 editions of the Saint magazine we didnt have a website updated daily or a facebook updated hourly ... the world has changed and the club has with it ... some things from the past will be missed but some things i think we all would agree are better left in the past ....
All respects to st_Trav.. How many Saints training sessions do you attend from Perth? The winners of last years premiership had no closed training sessions. There was no advantage and we did not win the flag.

Easy to disregard local things from 3,000kms away. Hope you enjoy the social media. Oh by the way don't believe all you read on Saints website or facebook, or on here for that matter.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Wigsy
Club Player

And back on topic, yeah I think it's a real shame actually. But, nonetheless, if it was just explained why then I'm sure we'd understand. This club does an enormous amount of things right, so just punch on boys. I just can't stand hearing that grab on SEN when they play the live call of Goddard's mark in Q4 of GF 1. Not sure I'll ever get past that feeling. I don't think I cheered - it just dawned on me that we would win, finally, and I started rocking back and forwards in my seat like Ken Bruce.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: The winners of last years premiership had no closed training sessions. There was no advantage and we did not win the flag.

Yes they did- well not ' closed as such' but not as usual either

they went to the Coburg reserve..... But media found them
and the second week of G/F they closed their session on the G By order of the pres.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote: The winners of last years premiership had no closed training sessions. There was no advantage and we did not win the flag.

Yes they did- well not ' closed as such' but not as usual either

they went to the Coburg reserve..... But media found them
and the second week of G/F they closed their session on the G By order of the pres.
Well now we know why they won. They shut the G in GF week after they walked across the road. Did Phil Cleary open the gates at Coburg?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell