Kosi out for 4 weeks?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Kosi out for 4 weeks?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 1bmlo.html
ST KILDA'S injury-troubled big man Justin Koschitzke will now miss up until round five of the home-and-away season as he struggles to regain full fitness after ankle surgery....

Meanwhile, the club moved fellow ruck Michael Gardiner onto the long-term injury list to open up the flexibility to promote either rookie Daniel Archer or Tommy Walsh should the need arise......
Big chance for Rhys Stanley as well.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi out for 4 weeks?

kosifantutti23 wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 1bmlo.html
ST KILDA'S injury-troubled big man Justin Koschitzke will now miss up until round five of the home-and-away season as he struggles to regain full fitness after ankle surgery....

Meanwhile, the club moved fellow ruck Michael Gardiner onto the long-term injury list to open up the flexibility to promote either rookie Daniel Archer or Tommy Walsh should the need arise......
Big chance for Rhys Stanley as well.
Some will be happy...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is no superstar - too slow etc, but with Gardy also out there is too much pressure on Ben to do everything.

Rhys isn't ready yet for a senior rucking role so who knows how we will go in the first month.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Stanley may not be ready, but who else on the list is? Particularly if something should happen to Ben now.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy and Stanley and then Archer with support from Blake as far as I can see...

Far as I can tell with the new intechange and all that could work quite well.

All mobile all can play forward.

Isn't that the idea?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I don't think Archer will be elevated. No where near ready

Another opportunity awaits!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:McEvoy and Stanley and then Archer with support from Blake as far as I can see...

Isn't that the idea?
Looks good to me. Heck, a few weeks into the H&A we were without Fisher and Roo (when did Gram go down too?), at least we have ready replacements for Kosi and Gards that may work well under the new system.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:I don't think Archer will be elevated. No where near ready
Walsh?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so walsh will go back and gilbert forward to take kozis place?

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Moccha wrote:I don't think Archer will be elevated. No where near ready
He was looking good until he had to single handedly take on Essendon in the middle.

Spelling McEvoy is an altogether different task.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Furphy
Club Player

Sadly, Kosi never seemed the same after that sickening injury he suffered a few years ago... possibly the worst act of deliberate charging I ever witnessed, and no action was taken. How long would Baker get if he ever did domething like that?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Furphy wrote:Sadly, Kosi never seemed the same after that sickening injury he suffered a few years ago... possibly the worst act of deliberate charging I ever witnessed, and no action was taken. How long would Baker get if he ever did domething like that?
Oh but the AFL stamped it out of the game...until Nick Maxwell broke that Eagles kid's jaw...and then they stamped it out of the game again. :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If Kosi and Gardi build up their fitness, get some games under their belts, and hit form at the right time of year....no complaints here.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:McEvoy and Stanley and then Archer with support from Blake as far as I can see...

Isn't that the idea?
Well yes.

However I think it wil be Stanley and Lynch that come in rather than Stanley and Archer.

Lynch, Gilbert, Roo and Stanley to rotate through the forward line with 3 in the forward line at any one time and the other on the bench.
Stanley and Bake to spell Ben in the ruck.

I think Gardi has been put onto the LTI, if something happens to Ben, Stanley, Roo or a key back, with no Kos we might need another tall option.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:If Kosi and Gardi build up their fitness, get some games under their belts, and hit form at the right time of year....no complaints here.
sums it up perfectly.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
SainterK wrote:If Kosi and Gardi build up their fitness, get some games under their belts, and hit form at the right time of year....no complaints here.
sums it up perfectly.
IMO there is alsosilver lining here.

While I do not wish injury on anyone, many of us have wanted or a while for some youuth to be injected and givena run.

Now Ben played last year..but this should give him a solid 4+ weeks of having to carry the No1 ruck role.

Stanley and/or Lynch get a chance of playing as tall forwards.

And another player gets chance to warm Schneider's seat. Say Steven or Smith.

Round 1, Gamble and Armo both seem likely inclusions at present.

Hopefuly the youth will play well...so that the older players have to force their way back in with good form.....or be retained by doing the job better.

Eddy has opened up a slot...and Peake's spot will be under pressure too...as is Mini's.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Solar wrote:
sums it up perfectly.
IMO there is alsosilver lining here.

While I do not wish injury on anyone, many of us have wanted or a while for some youuth to be injected and givena run.

Now Ben played last year..but this should give him a solid 4+ weeks of having to carry the No1 ruck role.

Stanley and/or Lynch get a chance of playing as tall forwards.

And another player gets chance to warm Schneider's seat. Say Steven or Smith.

Round 1, Gamble and Armo both seem likely inclusions at present.

Hopefuly the youth will play well...so that the older players have to force their way back in with good form.....or be retained by doing the job better.

Eddy has opened up a slot...and Peake's spot will be under pressure too...as is Mini's.
agreed, have a look at last years highlights dvd and you can see that we were not flexible at all which hurt when roo went down. I really would love to have kosi and gards as luxeries if we are to take the next step.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

Isn't that the idea?
Well yes.

However I think it wil be Stanley and Lynch that come in rather than Stanley and Archer.

Lynch, Gilbert, Roo and Stanley to rotate through the forward line with 3 in the forward line at any one time and the other on the bench.
Stanley and Bake to spell Ben in the ruck.

I think Gardi has been put onto the LTI, if something happens to Ben, Stanley, Roo or a key back, with no Kos we might need another tall option.
Lynch couldn't possibly have the goods on Gamble at this stage.

Gamble has led and run and caught and earned goal-scoring opportunities. Lynch has been willing, but as far as I can tell the only shots he's earned were the result of opposition error.

I'll be glad enough to see Lynch get a go, but geez Gamble would be a bit stiff if the NAB has any bearing whatsover...

Oh, and my post was prob not that clear re Archer. I see him as a back up to Macca and Stanley, not a starter...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

personally I think we'll be in trouble without Gardi and Kosi for the first few games.
it's a pretty big ask for a Stanley or Archer to come in and competitively ruck, and effectively play forward.
best option is to utilise the Blake as much as possible imo.
only up side to this is developmental for these younger guys. But I think we'll cop it around the stoppages.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saintslegendLH
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:personally I think we'll be in trouble without Gardi and Kosi for the first few games.
it's a pretty big ask for a Stanley or Archer to come in and competitively ruck, and effectively play forward.
best option is to utilise the Blake as much as possible imo.
only up side to this is developmental for these younger guys. But I think we'll cop it around the stoppages.
In my opinion it will be big ben/blake rucking, i think stanley will come in and replace kosi, and i think simpkin will take blakes role in the back line, we all witnessed blakes rucking in gf 1 and he ended up getting more taps than jolly. Mcevoy has a huge tank and i doubt this will effect us too much.

I think gamble is a starter (only because of his ability to kick goals), i think lynch has far more potential, and will be pushing for gambles spot.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Again, why couldn't we have kept Pattison?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Again, why couldn't we have kept Pattison?
Because he was no good and is a list clogger.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20 vision but could've taken him ahead of Eddy as a rookie, both are known quantities and Patto would be close to playing in Round 1 if he were on our list

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Spelling McEvoy is an altogether different task.
But you've handled it perfectly. :)

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20 vision but could've taken him ahead of Eddy as a rookie, both are known quantities and Patto would be close to playing in Round 1 if he were on our list
I would argue that Eddy played in 2 GF's in 2 weeks. Pattison would have struggled to play in Sandy's finals had they made it. The club chose to suspend Stanley knowing MG and Kosi were out so we can either blame the club for that or Stanley.