We have to cut the cancer out (Goddard and Roo)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
matrix wrote:the post wasnt clear enough?
:?

ok:
no i would not
Denial is not a river in Egypt.
What denial - because he disagreed with your post.

Constructive criticism is ok - but it's a disgrace slamming your own in that manner - the BF Saints Board would have locked the crapola you posted - and certainly the heading is offensive - it should have been edited.

You don't post as Lemons 123 on BF do you? He/she posted the same type of topic about Gilbert - thread has been locked

Visitors come on these boards and read topics like this........ :oops:
Off then and follow G Coast

Hold your ground :shock:
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
bj for swallow
No comment

Furtius Quo Rdelious
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
bj for swallow
No comment
You have a very dirty mind, kosi... :oops:

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
bj for swallow
No comment
I say for Swallow and Dick !! :)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I honestly believe people who critisise nick and to a lesser extent bj to anymore of an extent than they have been disappointing So far in 2011

Need to refresh thier memories.....

Given nick has given 10 years of excellence....possibly, arguably our greatest player....

Bj has, since 2007 gone from, good to very good to elite......

Same goes for dal, joey, sam, blakey, bakes, milney, lenny....this group has played through and largely been responsible for one of our greatest eras

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

tweedaletomanning wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
bj for swallow
No comment
I just don't think it would be a very good trade.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Disgraceful thread.
Disgusting thread but then again I'm not surprised given the OP.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint_winston
Club Player

if a serious rebuild is commenced, serious consideration must be given to sending roo to the gold coast to get a nice retirement package from the suns and the saints in return to get a nice very high draft pick or 2 and/or a quality youngster

the reality is that roo will never play in a st kilda premiership now. he will be 29 come the start of the 2012 season. as a key position power forward it is safe to say that his best days are already behind him and that by the time the saints might be ready to mount another serious challenge he will be at least 33 (and that is being generous to the capacity to rebuild quickly) ie he won't be playing any serious part in the next flag push. therefore why not cash in while he holds currency on the open market and snag some young talent that will be part of that next push? must keep goddard though

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saint_winston wrote:if a serious rebuild is commenced, serious consideration must be given to sending roo to the gold coast to get a nice retirement package from the suns and the saints in return to get a nice very high draft pick or 2 and/or a quality youngster

the reality is that roo will never play in a st kilda premiership now. he will be 29 come the start of the 2012 season. as a key position power forward it is safe to say that his best days are already behind him and that by the time the saints might be ready to mount another serious challenge he will be at least 33 (and that is being generous to the capacity to rebuild quickly) ie he won't be playing any serious part in the next flag push. therefore why not cash in while he holds currency on the open market and snag some young talent that will be part of that next push? must keep goddard though
Which club could best use him that also has a player we could use?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint_winston wrote:if a serious rebuild is commenced, serious consideration must be given to sending roo to the gold coast to get a nice retirement package from the suns and the saints in return to get a nice very high draft pick or 2 and/or a quality youngster

Well under that idea then we should also trade Joey and Dal and maybe even BJ. We will lose by 30 goals each week for 3 years and our membership will be a disgrace and we will lose over a million a year and have to handouts from the AFL but at least in 7 years we maybe in the 8 again.

I do agree that when we challenge next once the current charge is over, which could be now, that we will be down for a minimum 5 years and probably up to 7 but that doesnt mean we just get rid of our best players. The club needs some dignity.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Well under that idea then we should also trade Joey and Dal and maybe even BJ.
That's just argumentative and hysterical.

Of course we would lose by 30 goals if we let go of 4 or 5 top liners. However if we let go of a guy that has probably gone as far as he can at our club and we can get something substantial for him in a trade then wouldn’t that be the smart thing to do?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Well under that idea then we should also trade Joey and Dal and maybe even BJ.

Of course we would lose by 30 goals if we let go of 4 or 5 top liners. However if we let go of a guy that has probably gone as far as he can at our club and we can get something substantial for him in a trade then wouldn’t that be the smart thing to do?
But Dal, BJ and Joey arent going to improve either so under your scenerio we just get rid of guys who will not improve more and we will get a good trade for them which we would.

Dont worry that the guy has won 5 B&F for the club and may have no interest in going but just get rid of him. Seriously where do these ideas come from? All I can say is luckily Trevor Barker didnt play in the era of a draft the way some think on here.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

But Dal, BJ and Joey arent going to improve either so under your scenerio we just get rid of guys who will not improve more and we will get a good trade for them which we would.

Dont worry that the guy has won 5 B&F for the club and may have no interest in going but just get rid of him. Seriously where do these ideas come from? All I can say is luckily Trevor Barker didnt play in the era of a draft the way some think on here.
What if he does want to go. What if the lure of a premiership or a pile of cash is just too much to knock back. Crazy concept huh! Who would have thought it possible that a player would leave a club for those reasons. And yeah, yeah before you say it, I know, he bleeds red, white and black, he would never want to leave. Yeah but he might just play out the rest of his days at the club in cruise mode, selfish mode. Hey but it will be great for membership and it will bring in some bucks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

What if he does want to go. What if the lure of a premiership or a pile of cash is just too much to knock back. Crazy concept huh! Who would have thought it possible that a player would leave a club for those reasons. And yeah, yeah before you say it, I know, he bleeds red, white and black, he would never want to leave. Yeah but he might just play out the rest of his days at the club in cruise mode, selfish mode. Hey but it will be great for membership and it will bring in some bucks.
Of course if he wants to leave we should look at it but that wasnt ever mentioned before. It was just said we should look at trading Rooy because the window is shut. And I for one never believe this crap that so and so bleeds for the club and would never leave. Plenty on here said the same about Ball 3 years ago.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman, if youve got Saintbrat calling your thread silly you know youve overstepped the mark

Agree with pretty much everyone else. Calling those two champions "cancers" is just sensationalist rubbish designed to get people to read your thread IMO

Take a big cup of calm the F*** down. That sort of talk is just half a step above the "play 7 first game'ers V Carlton we might as well the seasons shot" rubbish on Facebook.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Cairnsman, if youve got Saintbrat calling your thread silly you know youve overstepped the mark

Agree with pretty much everyone else. Calling those two champions "cancers" is just sensationalist rubbish designed to get people to read your thread IMO

Take a big cup of calm the F*** down. That sort of talk is just half a step above the "play 7 first game'ers V Carlton we might as well the seasons shot" rubbish on Facebook.
Well summed up s66.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

It would only be smart if Roo wanted to go. Otherwise it would be detrimental to the whole fabric of our club. You don't boot champions out the door, just b/c you don't think they'll be part of the next flag. It's not logical and it;s the fastest way to lose members who would be mostly disillusioned. AS much as I want to win a flag, I don't want our team to get flogged every week. Why bother going to the footy? Can I get my membership suspended for 7 years until we look likely to win a flag again?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I've got to say that I've been dismayed by many of the posts I've read on here the last few weeks. Some of the crap being posted makes me wonder what has happened to people who I assume in real life are sane, intelligent human beings. The hysterical rantings by some makes rational debate almost impossible. Nobody is able to reasonably debate with posters who are spruiking nosensical gibberish.

BUT this thread title is, IMO, simply appalling.

To use the analogy of a deadly affliction to call for the removal of 2 of our best players simply shows a complete lack of decency (again IMO).
Many on here have been 'touched' by this deadly disease and to flippantly use the term 'cancer' in the manner that it has been used is disrespectful to all who have either had it or had a friend/relative suffer from it.

Th OP should be ashamed of the thread and ask to have it removed.
(again IMO)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I've got to say that I've been dismayed by many of the posts I've read on here the last few weeks. Some of the crap being posted makes me wonder what has happened to people who I assume in real life are sane, intelligent human beings. The hysterical rantings by some makes rational debate almost impossible. Nobody is able to reasonably debate with posters who are spruiking nosensical gibberish.

To use the analogy of a deadly affliction to call for the removal of 2 of our best players simply shows a complete lack of decency (again IMO).
Many on here have been 'touched' by this deadly disease and to flippantly use the term 'cancer' in the manner that it has been used is disrespectful to all who have either had it or had a friend/relative suffer from it.

(again IMO)
Mr Magic I think you owe me an apology. The following is a meaning for cancer from the dictionary.

Fast-spreading bad phenomenon: something, usually something negative, that develops or spreads quickly and usually destructively.

Even Caroline Wilson used the term on the Insiders on the weekend.

In the words of S66 calm the F*** down and give me an apology when you are ready. If you and other posters can't stomach what is happening to the club and find it difficult to discuss progressive and alternative views to your own then that's something that you have to deal with. For the record I am calm. I love the club and I pour thousands of dollars into following the club every year and if it is my view that club comes before individuals then so-be-it.

Get used to the heat being poured on Roo and BJ because most pundits can see that there is something wrong with them. They are not above the club.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Awesome discussion. Just awesome. Nothing like an old 'you say sorry, no you say sorry' to while away the hours. Often watch my two and three year olds do something similar. Usually it involves fairy wings.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Moronic, negative, short sighted, fools are more of a problem for our football club...

...and society in general for that matter.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Awesome discussion. Just awesome. Nothing like an old 'you say sorry, no you say sorry' to while away the hours. Often watch my two and three year olds do something similar. Usually it involves fairy wings.
And what does your two and three year olds wear?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I've got to say that I've been dismayed by many of the posts I've read on here the last few weeks. Some of the crap being posted makes me wonder what has happened to people who I assume in real life are sane, intelligent human beings. The hysterical rantings by some makes rational debate almost impossible. Nobody is able to reasonably debate with posters who are spruiking nosensical gibberish.

(again IMO)
Mr Magic I think you owe me an apology. The following is a meaning for cancer from the dictionary.

Fast-spreading bad phenomenon: something, usually something negative, that develops or spreads quickly and usually destructively.

Even Caroline Wilson used the term on the Insiders on the weekend.

In the words of S66 calm the F*** down and give me an apology when you are ready. If you and other posters can't stomach what is happening to the club and find it difficult to discuss progressive and alternative views to your own then that's something that you have to deal with. For the record I am calm. I love the club and I pour thousands of dollars into following the club every year and if it is my view that club comes before individuals then so-be-it.

Get used to the heat being poured on Roo and BJ because most pundits can see that there is something wrong with them. They are not above the club.
If you really think I owe you an apology for objecting to your use of the word cancer, then you are seriously deluded (IMO)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Even Caroline Wilson used the term on the Insiders on the weekend.
Are you for real?

Looks like others have caught on to you.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.