Is the footy too loud.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Yet another simple situation that the AFL just cannot get right!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
Thinline wrote:
#1GILL wrote:They should drop Coldplay, Matchbox 20 and whatever else they play before hand and just stick with Foo Fighters- The greatest band of all time, lead by the second greatest bloke in the universe (behind Lenny).

But no, I don't think it's too loud. I like the music before hand. The Ads are annoying, but ads are everywhere, get used to it, they aren't going away.
If the Foo Fighters are the best band ever then Tony Delaney was bloody Leigh Matthews.

Ludicrous.
Dave Grohl. End of story.
Who are these Poo Fighters you speak of :?
Get down to your local CD shop and pick up a copy of this, your mind will be blown.

For those posters who are more aged, it's also available in vinyl.
Hey Gill if I wanna hear a drummer play distorted guitar to patch over his inadequacies I'll do it in the privacy of my own garage thanks.

Same goes for screaming to patch over vocal hopelessness.

:)

Funny how Grohl never gets chastised for running with Nirvana's legacy but Courtney Love does... Fighters live when last here was so horribly mundane - not to mention boringly loud - I was actually laughing.

I'm just glad the tix were freebies.

All very NRL for mine...

But hey, some people like Bieber, some people like Celtic folk, some people like Delta Goodrem...

Takes all kinds.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

At least the AFL didn’t go with ABBA’s Bang-A-Boomerang for the Indigenous Round :shock:

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Whilst I dont really have a problem with the volume of the announcements/ads, I do have a problem with the volume of the team songs.

It seems that the volume is lower for the songs compared to the ads, and that aint right, I want the songs up loud to really help pump up the crowd, especially when the crowd is smaller, help to build the atmosphere.

Of course it all depends on where you are situated at the time, the back few rows and standing room on level 1 is alot less audible than level 3.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

It's simply all part of the plot to take for granted the converted in favour of appealing to new markets.

Growth = prosperity.

Just how it is.

It's probabaly why we have GC Suns instead of GC Kangaroos and why we have GWS instead of Tasmania.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Winmar
Club Player

I find the noise coming from the speakers interrupts conversations. I hate it!