VFL Rd 10 Sandringham Vs Casey Sun 5th- Radio/ Reports

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:A bloody disgrace that Ferguson was dropped to the seconds today. We really do need our own seconds side.
Yes and completely agree they need their own reserves side - look at Coll and Geelong.
Thanks for those reports - good to hear about Clarke, was hoping Stanley might have staked a claim for the tall forward spot...
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Sun 05 Jun 2011 10:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hold your ground :shock:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:A bloody disgrace that Ferguson was dropped to the seconds today. We really do need our own seconds side.
Yes and ompletely agree they need their own reserves side - look at Coll and Geelong.
Thanks for those reports - good to hear about Clarke, was hoping Stanley might have staked a claim for the tall forward spot...
Yep another problem not having our own side. Stanley plays where Sandy want him not where we want him.

Nick_Stone29
Club Player

Agreed , the Irishmen was okay but Fev looked unfit and disinterested .Fev got a handball over the top in the 3rd qr thats all he did that i saw. Was on and off the ground . Walsh went onto Bate in the last 5 mins with Bate taking two strong chest marks in front and kicking the winning goal. Pettard was also good when it mattered seemed Alistair Smith was following him .

Raph was V good, stopped many forward thrusts . Even copped a punch to the stomach from Fev off the ball , umpires seemed to miss it was similair to Selwood incident on Ablett y'day.

Rhys was great in the 3rd Qr , took a few excellent marks at CHB .Swapping with Kosi and Archer. Looked like he did he hammy in the last Qr but must have been cramp as he came back on .

Johnson imposed himself at times ,has some upside with his size and pace.

plugger66 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Thanks plugger66. Really helps us all a lot. Bratty of course too.

Question re Smith, how did he use the footy today?

And was Walsh's form more reflective of Fev being unfit?
Fev is completely unfit which helped Walsh run off him but Walsh was good anyway. Smith used it ok but the conditions were bloody tough with the wind.

Also SP I like Ferg because his run is great. He is 194cm and runs as well as anyone in the club. Could be a huge surprise in a year or two.

And another thing, Joey cant walk so would be 1000 to 1 to play friday night.

Nick_Stone29
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Thanks plugger66. Really helps us all a lot. Bratty of course too.

Fev is completely unfit which helped Walsh run off him but Walsh was good anyway. Smith used it ok but the conditions were bloody tough with the wind.

Also SP I like Ferg because his run is great. He is 194cm and runs as well as anyone in the club. Could be a huge surprise in a year or two.

Last edited by Nick_Stone29 on Sun 05 Jun 2011 11:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick_Stone29
Club Player

Agreed , the Irishmen was okay but Fev looked unfit and disinterested .Fev got a handball over the top in the 3rd qr thats all he did that i saw. Was on and off the ground . Walsh went onto Bate in the last 5 mins with Bate taking two strong chest marks in front and kicking the winning goal. Pettard was also good when it mattered seemed Alistair Smith was following him .

Raph was V good, stopped many forward thrusts . Even copped a punch to the stomach from Fev off the ball , umpires seemed to miss it was similair to Selwood incident on Ablett y'day.

Rhys was great in the 3rd Qr , took a few excellent marks at CHB .Swapping with Kosi and Archer. Looked like he did he hammy in the last Qr but must have been cramp as he came back on .

Will Johnson imposed himself at times ,has some upside with his size and pace.

plugger66 wrote:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Yes and ompletely agree they need their own reserves side - look at Coll and Geelong.
Yep another problem not having our own side. Stanley plays where Sandy want him not where we want him.
Where do we want him? I don't think it matters, he's playing about as well as Kosi lately.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Where do we want him? I don't think it matters, he's playing about as well as Kosi lately.
Kosi is 28. Stanley is 20. Slight difference.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I like Ferguson also plug which is why I was very keen to have him included in our sponsorship group.

There's something about him, though like any of our NSW Scholarship boys, he's still a bit of a longshot to make it.

Let's hope that after Haretaku and McGrath, not to mention the ones that never made it down to Melbourne, we finally see a dividend from our NSW selections.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Raph is demanding a recall to the seniors. He was everywhere over the backline today and read the conditions better than most.
Tommy Walsh was very good and used his prodigious kick to advantage with the wind.
Smith was good.
Gram got a bit of it, but as usual bombed away.
Nobody else impressed.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Raph is demanding a recall to the seniors. He was everywhere over the backline today and read the conditions better than most.
Tommy Walsh was very good and used his prodigious kick to advantage with the wind.
Smith was good.
Nobody else impressed.
Cheers Bernard. Where do you sit in the Dawson v Walsh debate?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Lets give up on 21 year old 202cm guy.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Raph is demanding a recall to the seniors. He was everywhere over the backline today and read the conditions better than most.
Smith was good.
Nobody else impressed.
Tommy deserves a run against the Bulldogs after what I've seen in the last 24 hours.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Lets give up on 21 year old 202cm guy.
I asked "Where do we want him?"
He's not doing much at the moment and his legs are skinnier than mine. I'm not suggesting we give up on him, but he should not play again this year. Needs to do a lot of gym work and be ready to go next year.

suss
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Smith was good.
Nobody else impressed.
Tommy deserves a run against the Bulldogs after what I've seen in the last 24 hours.
Interested in where you see the changes happening...seems like we have back men all over the place and a distinct lack of forwards.

Happy to see Smith pressing for a recall but who goes out?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Smith was good.
Nobody else impressed.
Interested in where you see the changes happening...seems like we have back men all over the place and a distinct lack of forwards.

Which is the exact same problem in the seniors.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Smith was good.
Nobody else impressed.

Montagna will go out.

Smith could come in?

Walsh needs a run - for Dawson?

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
suss wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Smith was good.
Nobody else impressed.

Which is the exact same problem in the seniors.
Raph will play back, Chips will play forward. Tommy Walsh can play back or forward and I wouldn't mind seeing BJ forward of the centre.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

suss wrote: Happy to see Smith pressing for a recall but who goes out?
Dean Polo says hello (or goodbye!).

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx
Seniors
Raph Clarke and Rhys Stanley along with Tom Walsh who had the task of curbing 'THE FEV' held up any attacks Casey mounted into the wind.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
Tom Walsh had the better of Fevola in this term and in fact for the whole game. Raph Clarke was in control across half back as he set up many forward thrusts. The work rate of Rob Eddy, James Magner, Ricky Ferraro, Warren Andreoli, Jason Gram, Ryan Gamble and Adam McQualter allowed us to win the ball around the stoppages as we pushed forward time and time again for little reward>>>>>>>>>>>>
Reserves
Two standout performers for the day were St Kilda rookie Jackson Ferguson who displayed a tremendous work rate and repeatedly won the
footy back and set up numerous attacks across half back, finding 31 possessions along the way.>>>>>>>>
Young Saint Sam Crocker was also returning from a week off with a shoulder issue and showed us his best effort to date until a corked thigh saw him struggle through the 2nd half, however his 1st half was brilliant! A total of 20 possessions for the game (18 of them in the first half) and 2 very nice goals where a big part of why we controlled the opening 2 quarters.

Odd fixturing and lack of reserves teams now sees the sandy reserves have 2 byes in a row.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... onID=56266

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
thequarry
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:Reserves
Two standout performers for the day were St Kilda rookie Jackson Ferguson who displayed a tremendous work rate and repeatedly won the
footy back and set up numerous attacks across half back, finding 31 possessions along the way.>>>>>>>>
Young Saint Sam Crocker was also returning from a week off with a shoulder issue and showed us his best effort to date until a corked thigh saw him struggle through the 2nd half, however his 1st half was brilliant! A total of 20 possessions for the game (18 of them in the first half) and 2 very nice goals where a big part of why we controlled the opening 2 quarters.

Odd fixturing and lack of reserves teams now sees the sandy reserves have 2 byes in a row.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... onID=56266
...that's very odd fixturing.

Hopefully for Ferg's and Crocker's sakes they've earned recalls to the senior sides.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY