St Kilda vs Brisbane Lions rd 6 2004

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:I was right behind it (because I was on my way out of the stadium from my usual seat after we lost an unloseable lead). It was out a mile, well a metre anyway. It made no difference to the result at the end of the year, unlike the kick that hit the post in the '09 GF.
I reckon Aussie's shot was a behind; many are convinced it was out on the full.

Interestingly they're yet to conclusively prove or disprove the ball was out of bounds in the Grand Final 32 years ago.

They're also yet to conclusively prove where the shot that killed JFK 48 years ago came from.

Angles are strange things and we'll never know for sure. 

If anyone thinks they know the answer to this one with any certainty they're kidding themselves. And anyone includes me.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:The crowd noise was unbeleivable, and whdn Schwarz kicked that goal it was spine tingling stuff.
yep, loudest noise i've ever heard at the footy. i saw spots, thought i was going to collapse, unbelievable.

Rosco
Club Player

i was there that day, had a seat up on level 3 but must admit i was down on level 1 waiting for the siren and itching to get out of there to the first train home with brisbane kicking those 7 last quarter goals. the noise was unbelievable when schwarze sent it through, i was standing on the flank from where he kicked, a good old fashioned roost for the lead

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

It looks like a point to me.

Look at the positioning of the field umpire. He is the one that signals to the goal umpire all clear with one hand at his mouth, which means he thought it was a point.

Furtius Quo Rdelious