Mini elimination final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Mini elimination final

I think its fair to say that there is no chance that both the Saints and Norf will make the 8. You would think the winner on Sunday will be alive and kicking for the 8 and the loser almost certainly will be no chance for finals footy.

Which makes this week a mini-elimination final.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mini elimination final

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think its fair to say that there is no chance that both the Saints and Norf will make the 8. You would think the winner on Sunday will be alive and kicking for the 8 and the loser almost certainly will be no chance for finals footy.

Thought this was a thread about delisting McQualter :P

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mini elimination final

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think its fair to say that there is no chance that both the Saints and Norf will make the 8. You would think the winner on Sunday will be alive and kicking for the 8 and the loser almost certainly will be no chance for finals footy.

Rephrase first sentence to "there is no chance of making the 8 for the loser"

I reckon North are actually in pretty good shape to make the finals.

FFS, Melbourne are in the 8. Can they sustain their recent form over 10 weeks? That is a very tough ask for them.

If we win on Sunday, there's no reason why we can't make the 8.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

We've taken a leaf out of the world game's book for this one, because the elimination final is contested over 2 matches, this week and Round 23.

Winning this week for either team won't mean much if they can't follow it up when we meet again.....

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Good point St Chris, but we also have to win a few more of the other matches as well !

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, we need to win about 7 of the remaining 10.

The funny thing is about 7 of the last 10 are extremely winnable games.

Keep the faith or GTFO :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Yeah, we need to win about 7 of the remaining 10.

I thought at the start of the year that 9 of the first 12 were extremely winnable as well but alas we arent playing well.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Yeah, we need to win about 7 of the remaining 10.

I thought at the start of the year that 9 of the first 12 were extremely winnable as well but alas we arent playing well.
No, we haven't been playing well. That is pretty well documented.

Who's to say we can't turn the corner and start running into some form though?

It happened in 2008.

I realise there are frustrated fans who aren't interested in merely attaining a finals birth, particularly when we're no threat for a premiership, but personally I would like to see the team improve and play out the season to the best of its ability.

That's just what I'd like to see, anyway.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Wo

I would love to see us play finals this year.

Not sure how far we could get.

Could easily win our first final. Then up against a top 4 team. We would be in the realm of miracles to progress after that, but it is possible.

We may not win on skill, but grit can go a long way. Especially if you are up against a skillful team that drops their heads for a moment.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Wo

ralphsmith wrote:I would love to see us play finals this year.

Could easily win our first final. Then up against a top 4 team. We would be in the realm of miracles to progress after that, but it is possible.

We may not win on skill, but grit can go a long way. Especially if you are up against a skillful team that drops their heads for a moment.
Yeah, it could be interesting.

I mean, if we win 7 or 8 more games the team could really go into a finals series with a bit of belief. Remember, we have a team with finals experience under their belt. They know what it's all about.

That said, they have a HUGE task in front of them in order just to qualify.

Hopefully they can bring us some level of excitement before the season is out.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: Wo

ralphsmith wrote:I would love to see us play finals this year.

Right now we are playing like a side that should be in the bottom half.

However if our top players can find some form soon we can match it with just about anyone if we play to our true potential.

Not to mention we are one of the more experienced finals sides in recent years...

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

And don't forget peoples, we have a game in hand still.

We've had our second pit stop while every side vying for the bottom half of the 8 have had only the one pit stop so far.

:D

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Why are we still worrying about the 8.....we'd be cannon fodder for a real contender....Worst Forward line in the AFL...by the length of the G...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Why are we still worrying about the 8.....we'd be cannon fodder for a real contender....Worst Forward line in the AFL...by the length of the G...
How do you know the forward line already? Surely the game hasnt started.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Why are we still worrying about the 8.....we'd be cannon fodder for a real contender....Worst Forward line in the AFL...by the length of the G...
I've seen it every other week and i'm still laughing...Ross is fast becoming a comedian.....not as droll as yourself though FIG....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I've seen it every other week and i'm still laughing...Ross is fast becoming a comedian.....not as droll as yourself though FIG....
Love to hear your forward line and exactly how many games you have seen the guys you pick play this year. Now this should be interesting.

widereceiver
Club Player

Mini - elimination - final.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Love to hear your forward line and exactly how many games you have seen the guys you pick play this year. Now this should be interesting.
Well FIG it's not my forward line, it's Ross Lyon's. It's his responsibility to produce one that is consistently able to perform and he should be criticised when he goes round and round in circles producing and developing nothing..

This year, it's the St Kilda Comedy Club....
:roll:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Well apart from trimming 3 names the job's done.

I'm going on Sunday and I'm hoping for a win. Nothing else matters to me.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Well FIG it's not my forward line, it's Ross Lyon's. It's his responsibility to produce one that is consistently able to perform and he should be criticised when he goes round and round in circles producing and developing nothing..

So lets get this straight. You criticize a forward line saying it isnt good enough this week even though we have no idea who will play where and when given the opportunity to tell us how you would like it you revert to it isnt my forward line. Lets face it you havent seen many of these guys play and that is why you didnt give is yours otherwise why do you bother even giving us ins and outs every week as they are done by RL as well.

Quixote
SS Life Member

If we don't turn things around this week, after the Bye and the refresh, it's lights out baby.

PS they were already dimmed right down, of course.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So lets get this straight. You criticize a forward line saying it isnt good enough this week even though we have no idea who will play where and when given the opportunity to tell us how you would like it you revert to it isnt my forward line. Lets face it you havent seen many of these guys play and that is why you didnt give is yours otherwise why do you bother even giving us ins and outs every week as they are done by RL as well.
Get this straight FIG...Ross picks em.......we laugh at em when they are inept..That occurs more often than not...that's why we suck....cant be that hard to fathom...i didn't realise you were that dense...no wonder BM gets no where.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Get this straight FIG...Ross picks em.......we laugh at em when they are inept..That occurs more often than not...that's why we suck....cant be that hard to fathom...i didn't realise you were that dense...no wonder BM gets no where.
Why do you bother picking ins and outs then? RL picks them as well. By the way is the same side that made the last 2 GF's. It seems that if we dont win a flag you laugh at them. i apologise. I take it you are under 18 and have only followed us when we have been successful. Still waiting for your forward line and how often you have seen each forward player play. I take it I will be waiting awhile.

By the way just looked up dense and it is person who says we are inept more often than not even when you have played in the last 2 GFs. Now who could that be?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Do you know the way to San Jose, wo wo wo-wo wo wo wo-wo  wo  wo 8-)

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why do you bother picking ins and outs then? RL picks them as well. By the way is the same side that made the last 2 GF's. It seems that if we dont win a flag you laugh at them. i apologise. I take it you are under 18 and have only followed us when we have been successful. Still waiting for your forward line and how often you have seen each forward player play. I take it I will be waiting awhile.

By the way just looked up dense and it is person who says we are inept more often than not even when you have played in the last 2 GFs. Now who could that be?
Your living in the past FIG..we made 2 grand finals and lost...why..because we couldn't kick a big enough score.......and now it's worse....it's hilarious watching them develop the team going forward......I'm surprised you have a dictionary...some of your spelling is childish....