Court case

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Ralphy wrote:What gets me every time with 7 news is they regard him as ''ex stkilda player and ex essendon player''
no it should be really Ex Essendon Player then ex stkilda Recruit, he never pulled on our jumper nor did he EVER play for us!
SEN were describing him as that today which was refreshing to hear.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/national/forme ... 1ha30.html

"Lovett, 28, is standing trial in the County Court charged with two counts of rape stemming from an alleged incident involving a model at the Port Melbourne apartment of his former teammates Jason Gram and Sam Fisher on December 23, 2009."

....now that is pure bulls***......he NEVER played a football match with those guys....ffs...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Edited
Last edited by Bernard Shakey on Mon 11 Jul 2011 10:17pm, edited 2 times in total.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/national/forme ... 1ha30.html

"Lovett, 28, is standing trial in the County Court charged with two counts of rape stemming from an alleged incident involving a model at the Port Melbourne apartment of his former teammates Jason Gram and Sam Fisher on December 23, 2009."

....now that is pure bulls***......he NEVER played a football match with those guys....ffs...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
In case you're not aware, he was drafted by the St Kilda Football Club and the only reason he was with those blokes because they were teammates. We all know he never played a game, but they were teammates at the time.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

In case you're not aware, he was drafted by the St Kilda Football Club and the only reason he was with those blokes because they were teammates. We all know he never played a game, but they were teammates at the time.

listmates maybe..or fellow st kilda employees.......but he never played a football match with them..and..footy is a team game...so...never team mates.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

and of course i'm aware that the saints drafted him clown.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

listmates maybe..or fellow st kilda employees.......but he never played a football match with them..and..footy is a team game...so...never team mates.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

and of course i'm aware that the saints drafted him clown.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Listmates, there's a new term, congratulations stinker.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Does that make me and Stinger forummates?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
SideshowMilne
Club Player

SainterK wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6092377290

Judge Meryl Sexton told the jurors other witnesses would include Saints players such as Gram and Fisher, Andrew McQualter and Adam Schneider, while Captain Nick Riewoldt may also be mentioned.
Out of interest I wouild like to know whether this is all Meryls? or the words after the last comma were thrown in by the HS for good measure.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

curiously I read one report last night whose heading was the much more acceptable
' Former AFL player" with the only mention of club coming in the ' players who may be called.:"

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Lovett is represented by a very good barrister -David Grace QC, who has handled many cases involving the AFL (including getting Freo the points in Tasmania), as well as many criminal cases.
So does this mean that the AFl will take points off us again if Grace wins??? :? :? :wink:
Anything is possible.

What happens if he's found not guilty and he then decides to sue us for prematurely 'curtaiiling his career'?
(I know we settled with him over his playing contract, but that is quite different to what I'm talking about)

Not a lawyer, but I think he would have an actionable case, depends on the reasons given to him for cancelling his contract.
Didn't we supposedly sack him for not meeting the terms of his contract and then settle the matter out of court?

i don't think he can sue us now

correct.....some posters on here talk crap....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

sex and travel clown...sex and travel.... :roll: :twisted:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

From memory you were also bannedmates? :D

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Ah!

Such fond memories.

We have to get the banned back together.......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

past tense......history....he's yesterdays news cowboy...bit like the chip wrappers his countrymen are so used to using.....

..i don't respond to his or his mates garbage this days......haven't for weeks...if not months...and i don't like being linked to any those rat pack guys either.....

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

past tense......history....he's yesterdays news cowboy...bit like the chip wrappers his countrymen are so used to using.....

..i don't respond to his or his mates garbage this days......haven't for weeks...if not months...and i don't like being linked to any those rat pack guys either.....

But this one time..... in Banned Camp...... :wink:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

He added that Gram had told police that the woman said to him: ‘‘That black bastard f----- the sh-- out of me. I feel like a sl*t. I thought it was you.’’

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/lovet ... z1Rryib686

The nub of the defence.

SinCitySaint
Club Player

I can't see that it would be easy to get a conviction as from what has been reported so far it is all very "He says, she says".

When this case is over I hope that is the end of it and everyone can move on. If he is found not guilty I really hope that he can move on with his life without the stigma of being a rapist in the public eye, something the public has not readily afforded Milney.

Absolute tragedy there are no winners in this one.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySaint wrote:I can't see that it would be easy to get a conviction as from what has been reported so far it is all very "He says, she says".

When this case is over I hope that is the end of it and everyone can move on. If he is found not guilty I really hope that he can move on with his life without the stigma of being a rapist in the public eye, something the public has not readily afforded Milney.

Absolute tragedy there are no winners in this one.
That's all we had on a jury 15 years ago and we fried the bloke!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:That's all we had on a jury 15 years ago and we fried the bloke!
I thought Ronald Ryan was hung, not fried :(

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Something stinks about this whole thing I reckon Lovett is not guilty and that is based on gut instinct only

#1 Ryder fan
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Don't know what you mean, but are you suggesting we manufactured his down fall by getting him gaoled? That would be pretty f$#@ed up. I would think that in any rape case there is a chance that the case doesn't return a guilty verdict, but they wouldn't have gone this far if it wasn't a very strong chance he will be found guilty.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Something stinks about this whole thing I reckon Lovett is not guilty and that is based on gut instinct only
the only thing that stinks here is lovett.....blood alcohol reading of over or around 0.15 says it all really......

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

no not suggesting st kilda stinks. the case stinks. i reckon gram stinks too

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:no not suggesting st kilda stinks. the case stinks. i reckon gram stinks too
What a lot of crap. Why does Gram stink?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:no not suggesting st kilda stinks. the case stinks. i reckon gram stinks too
What a lot of crap. Why does Gram stink?
Forgot to shower? :?