Kosi is a ball watcher...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Kosi is a ball watcher...

I just watched the replay and have come to the realisation that KOSI is a ball watcher. He is happy to watch the ball rather that move to it and make the play himself. Maybe he is simply lazy or doesn't have the football smarts but he is no where near the footballer he should be...

The current game is made for him to star - but I doubt he ever will as he doesn't work hard enough in his games.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

you are just trying to make this too easy for me now aren't you?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is a bloody legend! have you ever watched him behind play? he breaks open packs and just does heaps of stuff good for the club and we would be nowhere without him! you are not a true stkilda supporter and i am calling the club tomorrow and getting you removed as a member.
Last edited by saintdooley on Sun 31 Jul 2011 8:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:Kosi is a bloody legend! have you ever watched him behind play? he breaks open packs and just does heaps of stuff good for the club and we would be nowhere without him! you are not a true stkilda supporter and i am called the club tomorrow and getting you remived as a member.
Liar

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saintdooley wrote:Kosi is a bloody legend! have you ever watched him behind play? he breaks open packs and just does heaps of stuff good for the club and we would be nowhere without him! you are not a true stkilda supporter and i am called the club tomorrow and getting you remived as a member.
Liar
i know, i couldn't possibly agree any more with WO.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Seriously is Kossie on acid, hope the drug testers don't target him!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

No comment!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Another Kosi bashing thread. Who needs Helen.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Last thing we need in the game - a ball player. When will they ever learn?
Maybe when the umps look at a player bumped off the flight when the ball is more than 5 metres away. There was a reason for that law. It's called, "the good of the game"
Last edited by perfectionist on Sun 31 Jul 2011 10:30pm, edited 2 times in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im not going to bash the guy
and watching on the telly you dont see as much as live obviously

but imo i think he is struggling
whether its from the hit all those years ago (i doubt it)?
not enough preseason?
or the knocks he has taken since the massive bump?...i dunno

but he aint the same kozi any more :(

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Another Kosi bashing thread. Who needs Helen.
Amazing as it may seem, Helen's idiotic rantings probably have slightly more insight and analysis than this bash thread :roll:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Another Kosi bashing thread. Who needs Helen.
Amazing as it may seem, Helen's idiotic rantings probably have slightly more insight and analysis than this bash thread :roll:
I'd call it a fact thread.

doggerel
Club Player

Kosi has been good the last few weeks. For the first time in a while, I am all for him getting a game. Team seems more potent with him around.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
linz
Club Player

He's an enigma. We seem to play better as a team with him in the side even though his stats are never mind blowing. He seems to get out muscled and pushed off the ball far too easily in one on one contested situations. When he's moving and on the lead he is far more dangerous. Hopefully he'll continue to improve with more match time.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:He's an enigma. We seem to play better as a team with him in the side even though his stats are never mind blowing. He seems to get out muscled and pushed off the ball far too easily in one on one contested situations. When he's moving and on the lead he is far more dangerous. Hopefully he'll continue to improve with more match time.
Alas, we have seen the best from Kosi, another "greatest ever" who "never was".

The curse of the Saints struck him, an unusual and cruel injury (the blow to his head that split his skull and shook his brain). It is a tribute to the man that he is still there trying his hardest for the Saints cause. A fantastic Saint!

GramSlam

Arent all players ball watchers?

How could they take a mark if they werent watching the ball

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He was fine, not excellent, but fine.

Also noticed some of his work at the bottom of packs was very good, did anyone else notice that, shovelled it out to advantage many a time.

Justin Koschitzke
15 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal 1, 6 hitouts

Ben McEvoy
16 disposals, 8 marks, 0 goals, 24 hitouts

Tom Lynch
10 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal

______

Josh Fraser
13 disposals, 3 marks, 0 goals, 12 hitouts

Zac Smith
12 disposals, 2 marks, 1 goal, 15 hitouts

Tom Lynch
9 disposals, 0 marks, 0 goals

Trent McKenzie
17 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:He was fine, not excellent, but fine.

Also noticed some of his work at the bottom of packs was very good, did anyone else notice that, shovelled it out to advantage many a time.

Justin Koschitzke

Ben McEvoy
16 disposals, 8 marks, 0 goals, 24 hitouts

Tom Lynch
10 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal

______

Josh Fraser
13 disposals, 3 marks, 0 goals, 12 hitouts

Zac Smith
12 disposals, 2 marks, 1 goal, 15 hitouts

Tom Lynch
9 disposals, 0 marks, 0 goals

Trent McKenzie
17 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals
Please dont talk sense, the usual suspects didn't have a Raph bashing thread and they seemed to have forgotten Zac plays for us, so someone had to pay for their ignorance and Kosi was next in line.

I just watched the replay and he was very unlucky not to be paid a number of frees.

He also did some very good work for a big man inside. His running was very good. One passage late in the third qtr he was playing full forward when the Suns took it away. By the time they got it into the forward fifty, Kosi had worked his way down to full back and took a mark just on the goal square in defence.

But hey the usual sad sacks have spoken, so despite your stats it must be true :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
linz
Club Player

I suspect the most important stat is that the Saints win more often when Kosi is playing rather than not playing. Where is our Statsman? I reckon his presence is more important than stats.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Justin Koschitzke
No I didn't notice that. I did notice that Zac Smith took one look at Kosi and knew he could stroll in and kick a goal. I also noticed that his hitout % to advantage was zero. So much for stats.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Justin Koschitzke
No I didn't notice that. I did notice that Zac Smith took one look at Kosi and knew he could stroll in and kick a goal. I also noticed that his hitout % to advantage was zero. So much for stats.
Hardly strolled, and most people could, probably why he isn't in the backline?

How many did the others have to advantage?

Actually, why am I bothering?

Played his role, coach highlighted his second half was quite good, will continue to be picked.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:Kosi is a bloody legend! have you ever watched him behind play? he breaks open packs and just does heaps of stuff good for the club and we would be nowhere without him! you are not a true stkilda supporter and i am calling the club tomorrow and getting you removed as a member.
F*** ME :shock:

SunburySaint
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Liar
i know, i couldn't possibly agree any more with WO.
You sick dooley?

Now lives in Geelong...
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GramSlam wrote:Arent all players ball watchers?

How could they take a mark if they werent watching the ball

To the top
SS Life Member

Actually BS, Smith was playing forward and Fisher peeled off him instead of going with him.

Left Kosi, who was rucking and accountable for Fraser, to attempt to close down space on Smith who had an acre to play in.

Think some of you people must watch games thru the bottom of a flagon - or with prejudice.

Kosi played very well in slippery conditions - doing very good work also in getting the ball from scrimmages with damaging handball.

For all the work of our defence and mids (including our rucks) we could not generate any forward potency with the guy they got from Adelaide absolutely dominanting until being moved forward.

And when he went forward, Clarke picked him up and made sure he had no impact at that end.

Even tho he is not in great form, his work rate means we missed Roo badly - and we missed the structure that playing both Roo and Kosi forward gives.

Gamble looked like a school boy on a man's errand and was spat out accordingly and whilst Lynch got some touches he had no impact.

Schnieder had one of his quiet games and just could not seem to get it going for him in conditions which should have really suited.