Metricon Stadium

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Zac Attack
Club Player

The stadium itself was quite impressive. No doubt in years to come the stadium is going to be built right around to raise the crowd numbers when the suns are a quality outfit.

The only gripe I have with the transport is why did I (out of all people) have to get on a bus with Zac Dawson's family and extended family? I was engaging in conversation with my friend re. who played well etc. I commented that Zac played an average game and they heard and went right off at me. Weird.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:The stadium itself was quite impressive. No doubt in years to come the stadium is going to be built right around to raise the crowd numbers when the suns are a quality outfit.

The only gripe I have with the transport is why did I (out of all people) have to get on a bus with Zac Dawson's family and extended family? I was engaging in conversation with my friend re. who played well etc. I commented that Zac played an average game and they heard and went right off at me. Weird.
Yep I find it strange that they would stick up for a family member.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:The stadium itself was quite impressive. No doubt in years to come the stadium is going to be built right around to raise the crowd numbers when the suns are a quality outfit.

your kidding? they didnt just stand there and listen to some moron have a go at their son?
weird family they must me

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Zac Attack
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

I was not loud and was in conversation with my friend next to me. I guess each to their own.

I guess they didn't like it when I said that I would like to be paid between 200-300k to be pretty damn average at my job.

Zac Attack
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:

your kidding? they didnt just stand there and listen to some moron have a go at their son?
As per usual, answering the question that nobody asked you to.

How does shut it you little twerp sound? Go hang out with more incredibly overweight women with hairy chins.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

How does shut it you little twerp sound? Go hang out with more incredibly overweight women with hairy chins.
have you not looked in the mirror lately? you too are overweight and have a hairy chin

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Zac Attack
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

have you not looked in the mirror lately? you too are overweight and have a hairy chin
I think overweight is the last thing anyone would label me but thanks anyway child. I don't spend my weekends hanging out with old, ugly, hairy-chined, obviously single women so good for you.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

What are the odds we don't go there next year, but get sent to face GWS in Sydney wherever their empty stadium will be.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:What are the odds we don't go there next year, but get sent to face GWS in Sydney wherever their empty stadium will be.
Yep i would hate a certain win at Homebush.

Zac Attack
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:What are the odds we don't go there next year, but get sent to face GWS in Sydney wherever their empty stadium will be.
Yep i would hate a certain win at Homebush.
A great opportunity to debut Tommy Walsh.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Same here Plugger, but an annual trip to the Gold Coast will almost only be reserved to the filth.
Can't have them travelling to far from Melbourne, they might get a little homesick.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I was not loud and was in conversation with my friend next to me. I guess each to their own.

I guess they didn't like it when I said that I would like to be paid between 200-300k to be pretty damn average at my job.

In all fairness you're allowed to have private conversations without people having to have their say because they are overhearing.

Not weird they stuck up for him... But ur within your right to discuss in a conversation.

Zac Attack
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

In all fairness you're allowed to have private conversations without people having to have their say because they are overhearing.

Not weird they stuck up for him... But ur within your right to discuss in a conversation.
I'm the first to admit when I become loud etc and I was not at all. Hence why I was taken aback by it.

ando051
Club Player

Enjoyed the 4 days we spent up there in the sun. Hope we are up there next year as we will do it all again.

Only had 2 problems at Metricon Stadium, All the drinks including the mixed spirits were mid strength and we had a Nandos chicken pita that would have to be the worst food i have had at a footy game.

I think the stadium itself was great, plenty of toilets and food outlets. The bus system works as long as you get out straight away, and it is free.You had to cue, but it would of only been the same time it takes to get out of Etihad to your car and out of the Docklands.

If you have never done it, i highly recommend as that was my first trip interstate for football. Where else is a better place to go to during a Melbourne winter.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Enjoyed the stadium and the match... The facilities in and around the ground are great...

Elected to cab it each way, not much of a bus person...

Spent a bit of time each side in Surfers and Broadbeach... Don't think I'll be heading back there any time soon for a holiday, aside from the footy.. And thats not taking the quality of food into account either...

Good flight back too, with both Grant Hackett and Gotye on the Jetstar flight...

Good weekend...

DWOODROW
Club Player

Have to say I was impressed.

Enjoyed the holiday, drinks, food, Gold Coast and the people were nice as well.

Had an awesome meal at a little place called the Latin Corner in Broad beach. Food was amazing. The musician was unbelievable and atmosphere was great.

Had a great weekend but glad to be home. Just have to start doing something about getting rid of some of that food. :)

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Did you see the "huge" vacant land opposite the stadium, which is not being used for anything and is owned I am told, by the Gold Coast Council !
the gold coast is bidding for the commenweath games , which is why the afl didnt have to fund the stadium all by its self , so i guess that land would be reserved for possible games venues !

stinger
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Did you see the "huge" vacant land opposite the stadium, which is not being used for anything and is owned I am told, by the Gold Coast Council !
the gold coast is bidding for the commenweath games , which is why the afl didnt have to fund the stadium all by its self , so i guess that land would be reserved for possible games venues !
yep...and the stadium will be extended right around if they get the games.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.