Reiwoldt ?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

well he is in the top 5 paid players in the afl.
he is not performaing as a top 5 player. so on strict simplistic definition yes he is over rated.

he needs to bulk up & run less. take more marks inside 50 and kick more goals.

evryone raves and raves about his engine. but i reckon he runs a million miles with not enough reward/results for effort.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:well he is in the top 5 paid players in the afl.
he is not performaing as a top 5 player. so on strict simplistic definition yes he is over rated.

evryone raves and raves about his engine. but i reckon he runs a million miles with not enough reward/results for effort.
Agreed. Add that his marking in the contest being a weak point. We see him get first hands to the ball in a marking contest and drop the marks from body contact. Needs to work on his strength in the air.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

he's gone.
trade him while he has currency to gold coast.
hopefully reinvigorates his career.
they have a few that might be able to hit his leads.
think it'd be better for him and us :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
matrix
Saintsational Legend

should be at chf

full stop

dragit
Saintsational Legend

spade

him

Simon Templar
Club Player

Let's not get too excited trendsetters.....Blind Freddy can see the big feller is simply trying too hard. It's there for all to see, it's plain as day. He is also injured, as are 90% of AFL players at this stage of the season carrying something.....how much it's holding Roo back we wouldn't know, but he's TRYING TOO HARD.

When he starts enjoying footy again, he'll be right.

Do not even think about letting this man get away from the Club he loves and loves him.

Go you good things....!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bulk Up. What are you talking about? He has been in the system 11 years, he isnt bulking now and even if he could players are losing weight these days.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote:he's gone.
trade him while he has currency to gold coast.
hopefully reinvigorates his career.
they have a few that might be able to hit his leads.
think it'd be better for him and us :wink:
Yep and Goddard as well - to GC for some DP, so Saints can 'load up for 2012'. Don't worry about this year :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Bulk Up. What are you talking about? He has been in the system 11 years, he isnt bulking now and even if he could players are losing weight these days.
He was never going to have a good game against the Pies. He's cooked for this year. Has been for a while. He needs to go on a decent holiday at the end of the year and get his head straight and come back fresh.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He was never going to have a good game against the Pies. He's cooked for this year. Has been for a while. He needs to go on a decent holiday at the end of the year and get his head straight and come back fresh.
He is actually like a cancer to the club at the moment. I would trade him.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think you are right but I wouldn't trade him just yet. I'd wait and see how goes in 2012 then make a call.

SinCitySaint
Club Player

The biggest problem is the game plan at the moment. Roo was on a hiding to nothing as soon as Ross decided to overload on the defense and play with an outnumbered forward line. He had two on him all night because we play with free men patrolling the back half leaving us short up front.
We basically play with a five man forward line where one of those players role is to be a defensive forward. Most sides line up with a direct opponent on Roo and a direct opponent on Milne. Their other four defenders all play a role of covering space in the forward 50. It is easy to do against us because the only two targets we ever go for are Roo and Milne. Armo plays the defensive role well but is turning into McQualter and losing all positive aspects of his game to become a zero threat forward. Schneids spends 70% of his game time drifting through the midfield and half back so id rarely available as a target and gets most of his goals when we are breaking fast and he is streaming up the ground. I think when Gamble plays at least he is a permanent forward but obviously is not one of Ross's favoured players so will never be a permanent fixture.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He was never going to have a good game against t
he Pies. He's cooked for this year. Has been for a while. He needs to go on a decent holiday at the end of the year and get his head straight and come back fresh.
I think you are right but I wouldn't trade him just yet. I'd wait and see how goes in 2012 then make a call.

Interesting how Ricky Ponting has found his form again since relieving himself of the Australian captaincy.

IMO Lenny should be captain next season with Rooey being allowed to concentrate on his form.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

he Pies. He's cooked for this year. Has been for a while. He needs to go on a decent holiday at the end of the year and get his head straight and come back fresh.

Interesting how Ricky Ponting has found his form again since relieving himself of the Australian captaincy.

IMO Lenny should be captain next season with Rooey being allowed to concentrate on his form.
I reckon the captaincy is the last thing that is worrying him. He should have it if he still wants it which of course he will.

To the top
SS Life Member

It is obviously far more difficult trying to mark the ball than it is getting a defensive fist on the ball.

Plus, sides use one player to block the likes of Riewoldt and Koschitzke from the drop zone.

Such is the life of a forward - and they have to learn how to deal with it.

Neither are overly physical players - Kosi will smash a pack given the run at it but that is the extent of their physical imposition.

They are not Brown type players.

Pavlich suffers from the same, so Fremantle now rotate him thru the mid-field.

In regards Roo, he was off after 5 minutes of the first quarter so obviously everything was not right after a marking contest immediately prior where he was smashed.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I reckon the captaincy is the last thing that is worrying him. He should have it if he still wants it which of course he will.
His form and general demeanor would suggest otherwise

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

His form and general demeanor would suggest otherwise
What was BJ's excuse for poor form early in the year? Cant people be out of form without things like the captaincy being used as an excuse.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:What was BJ's excuse for poor form early in the year? Cant people be out of form without things like the captaincy being used as an excuse.
BJ was just out of form ... unlike Roo, who is showing ominous signs of burnout.

To be honest I'm not surprised. Too much is expected of him and not only that, he expects too much of himself.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:The days of running ONE opponent into the ground are over…
Not only is he competing with 2-3 in the air, but teams are rotating defenders on him like midfielders…

We need to get smarter at using one of the best forwards in the game, because the way we are using him at the moment isn't working. There's no way he can blow-up his man if it changes every quarter… If he is dragging around 2-3 opponents, then where the F*** are our loose players and what are they doing?

Good sides have a dangerous forward line, not 2 dangerous forwards,
Milne Gehrig Koschitzke
Guerra Riewoldt Hamill

Try putting 3 defenders on Roo with that forward line…
I agree.

We avg something like 80.3 pts a game.............most other top 8 sides 100+. We simply dont score enough and I reckon it has a lot to do with how predictable up fwd we are.

Riewoldt needs someone else other than Milne to be dangerous up fwd.....hence why Lyon was talking bout buying a fwd earlier this year I reckon.

“Yeah….nah””