Eade and Bulldogs Part

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

can't believe the man love for rocket on here. he clearly mis managed their feedback system and let it get controlled by a clique of players. this is well documented. he also spent at least 5 years trying to win a flag by building a team entirely of wingmen based in his own image. Narcisist of the highest order. he's not a good bloke. I'm gobsmacked so many saints fans like this guy. he won't be a senior coach again.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:can't believe the man love for rocket on here. he clearly mis managed their feedback system and let it get controlled by a clique of players. this is well documented. he also spent at least 5 years trying to win a flag by building a team entirely of wingmen based in his own image. Narcisist of the highest order. he's not a good bloke. I'm gobsmacked so many saints fans like this guy. he won't be a senior coach again.
Any facts in what you said? It appears that many in the media rate his coaching highly. Havent heard to many say he didnt get the best out of the list.

Zac Attack
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:can't believe the man love for rocket on here. he clearly mis managed their feedback system and let it get controlled by a clique of players. this is well documented. he also spent at least 5 years trying to win a flag by building a team entirely of wingmen based in his own image. Narcisist of the highest order. he's not a good bloke. I'm gobsmacked so many saints fans like this guy. he won't be a senior coach again.
The fact that softies like Johnson, Gia and Murphy are rated highly internally says something right?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Any facts in what you said? It appears that many in the media rate his coaching highly. Havent heard to many say he didnt get the best out of the list.
You back hitting the bottle P66.

Of course the media rate him. He is and has ALWAYS been a media darling, despite the fact that he is an underchieving overrated twice sacked coach.

Never rated Eade and his foul mouth, never rated his team (and this is why we almost always beat them) and he was a waste of space.

Happy imbibing. :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Of course the media rate him. He is and has ALWAYS been a media darling, despite the fact that he is an underchieving overrated twice sacked coach.

Never rated Eade and his foul mouth, never rated his team (and this is why we almost always beat them) and he was a waste of space.

Dont rate the coach or the team but somehow they finished top four 3 years in a row. Yep and all the media are going to lie about him because he is a media darling. Maybe he actually could coach and the media arent lying. Funny that you dont rate the team when last night you said they had a team that could challenge for the flag. Which night did you forget your pills. Was it last night or tonight?

Zac Attack
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Dont rate the coach or the team but somehow they finished top four 3 years in a row. Yep and all the media are going to lie about him because he is a media darling. Maybe he actually could coach and the media arent lying. Funny that you dont rate the team when last night you said they had a team that could challenge for the flag. Which night did you forget your pills. Was it last night or tonight?
For the most talented list of players (yes it was described constantly throughout 2008-2010) they didn't even reach a grand final but most important didn't even look like getting close.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

For the most talented list of players (yes it was described constantly throughout 2008-2010) they didn't even reach a grand final but most important didn't even look like getting close.
I am unsure how you come to that conclusion when the Cats were regarded as one of the best teams of all time and in 2009 we won 19 in a row. Then last year the Pies were rated very highly. Also didnt they lose to us by less than 12 points in one prelim I believe. I would call that close unless of course you think we werent close to Geelong in 2009 GF.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I am unsure how you come to that conclusion when the Cats were regarded as one of the best teams of all time and in 2009 we won 19 in a row. Then last year the Pies were rated very highly. Also didnt they lose to us by less than 12 points in one prelim I believe. I would call that close unless of course you think we werent close to Geelong in 2009 GF.
No the Pies did not. They lost to us in a Qual final in 2009 by 28 points. What are you talking about?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No the Pies did not. They lost to us in a Qual final in 2009 by 28 points. What are you talking about?
I was talking about the WB losing a close game to us not the pies.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Ok. I think it was seven points. That game nearly gave me a heart attack.

IMO Eade is a good coach and I'm surprised they didn't stick with him. The BD came about as close to playing in a GF as we came to winning one (actaully, we came closer) and no one rates that. Stiff.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Zac Attack
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Ok. I think it was seven points. That game nearly gave me a heart attack.

IMO Eade is a good coach and I'm surprised they didn't stick with him. The BD came about as close to playing in a GF as we came to winning one (actaully, we came closer) and no one rates that. Stiff.
A plethora of high picks coupled with a decent core and topping up by trading in Aka, Hudson, Sherman and Hall and not even a GF to show displays failure.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

You Eade defenders need to cut the crap and look these results:

2011 Round 1 - 52 point LOSS
2011 Round 9 - 123 point LOSS
2011 Round 11 - 61 point LOSS
2011 Round 21 - 49 Point LOSS

Now we all know you cant win every game. And sometimes you have a shocker that you need to forget. But for a side with one of the oldest lists in the AFL (or the oldest?) if you are getting pole-axed by big margins you have a problem.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe they were suffering worse psychological problems than our boys were after their near misses.

Have a look at their injury list during those games too.

BTW the wingers that Eade recruited were the product of Scott Clayton, renowned as one of the best recruiters in the business.

Ridiculous bashing of a good man going on by keyboard heroes.

Rodney Eade> Con & co

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm not saying he couldn't coach, or he wasn't a good match day tactical mind....

I just reckon he motivated by tearing shreds off his players, trouble is, when there are no layers left to tear....then what?

Teachers > Head Kickers

Zac Attack
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:Maybe they were suffering worse psychological problems than our boys were after their near misses.

Have a look at their injury list during those games too.

BTW the wingers that Eade recruited were the product of Scott Clayton, renowned as one of the best recruiters in the business.

Ridiculous bashing of a good man going on by keyboard heroes.

Rodney Eade> Con & co
Clayton built the list of the Lions that did so well and 'Gubby' Allen finished it off? To me that is the stuff of legend because the Lions already have their amazing core group of players at the club before both men joined the club. Clayton did a pretty average job at the Dogs re. recruiting and he has had the Gold Coast job pretty much done for him due to the draft concessions, zone selections and the uncontracted player allowances.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

time up.
good coach - did well, but just fell short.
time for coach and club to move on.
melbourne would be a good fit. not so sure the crows.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
It's his list though. He built it.

His game plan, and his recruiting to cater for his game plan, failed.

I gate it when people use the 'he got the best out of an average list' in reference to a coach that has been ata club for more than 4-5 years.

If you're there that long, it's your list. And if it's no good enough, then you're responsible.