Plunge on Lyon to coach Dee's.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Who is responsible for steering this campaign?

Mike Sheehan aka The Luna Park Clown :roll: :roll: :roll:
John Longmire?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Our President is not a poor man and will put his hand in his pocket. He is aware how important Ross is
he did say he wanted him for 10 years and we're only half way....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

IF the guy wanted to consider going somewhere else, then so be it. The mere fact that he would be considering it (a move) at this stage of our clubs history would be enough for me. You know folks, coaches , players, supporters, journalists, mere mortals all of us, come and go, we spend a period with the club and we are replaced, its called "life". However, ONE constant remains: OUR CLUB!!!!!! So if you don't mind folks, I'm not about to lose one teenie-weenie miniscule nano second of sleep as to "who goes-who stays" while we are on the verge of a hard elimination final!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
markp
Saintsational Legend

saints66 wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:4 bets for a total of $130
source?
Francis Leech on SEN
The hun 'journo' would've known the amounts involved too, but chose not to report them, but rather to describe it as a "plunge" on Lyon, who had been "spectacularly backed"... it's just totally freaking deplorable.

Meanwhile, entirely coincidentally I'm sure, a sporting agency gets a nice little free plug all day.

jays
Club Player

not going anywhere

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Just like ME!!!!! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Moods
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:IF the guy wanted to consider going somewhere else, then so be it. The mere fact that he would be considering it (a move) at this stage of our clubs history would be enough for me. You know folks, coaches , players, supporters, journalists, mere mortals all of us, come and go, we spend a period with the club and we are replaced, its called "life". However, ONE constant remains: OUR CLUB!!!!!! So if you don't mind folks, I'm not about to lose one teenie-weenie miniscule nano second of sleep as to "who goes-who stays" while we are on the verge of a hard elimination final!
Well said mate. Couldn't agree more. No point stressing about a coach wanting to leave or a player going to GWS. Lyon is a great coach imo, but we'll just have to find another great coach if he does leave.

Nick_Stone29
Club Player

gazrat wrote:,.. what sort of a 'plunge' would it take for this type of response from the bookies
(given there's no manipulation behind the scenes going on)

If llyon is allowed to leave , i wouldn't be amazed , but ashamed.

Working in the wagering business it would take sweet F/A and means nothing. To take this to come in to $2 as the hold would be small on a bet like this . Normally a max bet of $200 , this would be same as which club Fev goes to.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I only want Ross if he wants to coach us, if he wants to go for a new challenge he should.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

put a hundred on him to stay. tomorrows papers - 'betting suspended on the ross market due to massive plunge!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
mohannair
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:IF the guy wanted to consider going somewhere else, then so be it. The mere fact that he would be considering it (a move) at this stage of our clubs history would be enough for me. You know folks, coaches , players, supporters, journalists, mere mortals all of us, come and go, we spend a period with the club and we are replaced, its called "life". However, ONE constant remains: OUR CLUB!!!!!! So if you don't mind folks, I'm not about to lose one teenie-weenie miniscule nano second of sleep as to "who goes-who stays" while we are on the verge of a hard elimination final!
Could not agree with you more JS, afterall Ross is an employee of the club & he is free to choose where he wants to work, similar to all of us with our employer.

Lets support the CLUB & the players (who wants to play for us) & the coach (who wants to coach our players)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:put a hundred on him to stay. tomorrows papers - 'betting suspended on the ross market due to massive plunge!
Just on OWAAT_ betting was suspended- But they intimated that it was a bet of $10,000 that bought the numbers down where as sen suggested $130
But markets have reopened.

Ross will be part of the Caoch and captain interviews tomorrow
( 4 teams done today)

so I wonder if that question will be included..
Players just chuckle--- ala Dal on MMM this afternoon.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Ross is a dumb selection for Melbourne. He is not a build a team coach, he is a fine tune a team coach. Ross needs hard bodied mature players for his game. We're running out of them and need to play the kids.

Let him go, we need a build a team coach next year.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jays wrote:not going anywhere
Love these comments..........would love them even more if there was some source with it??????

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Ross is a dumb selection for Melbourne. He is not a build a team coach, he is a fine tune a team coach. Ross needs hard bodied mature players for his game. We're running out of them and need to play the kids.

How many sides as senior coach has he had the chance to rebuild?

Probably your dumbest post ever Bernard.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Has been offered big money to go to Melbourne, but is astute and using it as leverage for a better deal at the Saints. Will stay.
I for one pray you are right.....

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Well said mate. Couldn't agree more. No point stressing about a coach wanting to leave or a player going to GWS. Lyon is a great coach imo, but we'll just have to find another great coach if he does leave.
Two words -Tim Watson

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Ross is a dumb selection for Melbourne. He is not a build a team coach, he is a fine tune a team coach. Ross needs hard bodied mature players for his game. We're running out of them and need to play the kids.

Probably your dumbest post ever Bernard
I would'nt say it's a dumb post at all......it doesn't seem that long ago that people were questioning Ross' ability to develop young players hence his love of discards...Ross inherited the core of his current list...if he stays he WILL have to develop the list, so whatever he chooses to do ,us or the Dees, DEVELOPMENT will be a priority....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Teflon wrote:

I would'nt say it's a dumb post at all......it doesn't seem that long ago that people were questioning Ross' ability to develop young players hence his love of discards...Ross inherited the core of his current list...if he stays he WILL have to develop the list, so whatever he chooses to do ,us or the Dees, DEVELOPMENT will be a priority....
Bernard assumes Ross CANT be a development coach. Im asking when has he had that chance till now ?

Dumb.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard has an opinion, one I completely disagree with, but that's what discussion is all about.

I think it's a misconception that he cannot develop youth, when in fact nobody really knows if he can or not?

We've been enjoying a period of sustained success, that happened to coincide with Lyons appointment. Perhaps some of the guys we've picked up relative to our ladder position, slipped through that far for a reason?

You win some, like Jack and Ben, but you can't expect Ross to have the likes of Scully, Nic-Nat, Trengove etc at his disposal surely?

His first real attempt at it last year seems ok, I like the look of the kids that debuted, at least give him a chance.

Also, if easing a young guy like Jack Steven into it, who reportedly suffered OP last year is considered poor youth development, give me more of that thanks.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Bernard has an opinion, one I completely disagree with, but that's what discussion is all about.

I think it's a misconception that he cannot develop youth, when in fact nobody really knows if he can or not?

We've been enjoying a period of sustained success, that happened to coincide with Lyons appointment. Perhaps some of the guys we've picked up relative to our ladder position, slipped through that far for a reason?

You win some, like Jack and Ben, but you can't expect Ross to have the likes of Scully, Nic-Nat, Trengove etc at his disposal surely?

His first real attempt at it last year seems ok, I like the look of the kids that debuted, at least give him a chance.

Also, if easing a young guy like Jack Steven into it, who reportedly suffered OP last year is considered poor youth development, give me more of that thanks.

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Bernard assumes Ross CANT be a development coach. Im asking when has he had that chance till now ?

Dumb.
dumb must be your current buzz word...and I just noticed your sig....

I've never liked mirrors either..... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Has been offered big money to go to Melbourne, but is astute and using it as leverage for a better deal at the Saints. Will stay.
and his mates in the media like Walls adding fuel to the fire.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
and his mates in the media like Walls adding fuel to the fire.
Lyon's manager Craig Kelly, who also handles the affairs of Garry Lyon, the supremo at Melbourne, said last night nothing had changed in recent weeks for R. Lyon.

"We'll be talking to St Kilda if and when they're out of the finals and work through just what we can take back to Ross," Kelly said.

"There's nothing happening at this stage. They (St Kilda) want to discuss extending the agreement and 'Netters' (Nettlefold), Dan (colleague Dan Richardson) and I will be sitting down when the season's over."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 6130030734

Just don't put Walllsy on the next subcommittee for a coaching position.....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I must say that I for one am very concerned that Ross will indeed go, for the following reasons:

1.) There is virtually no doubt whatsoever that Melbourne will indeed offer a massive biscuit to Ross. Bigger than what we will offer him, so on pure contractual terms, Melbourne will be a better option for him.

2.) I just get a nagging sense from watching Ross's presser after the Carlton game that he's weighing it up in his mind and that he's feeling that the best of what the relationship between he and St.Kilda is behind him. Go back and watch that press conference and look at the way he separates himself from the players and the club, there's something not right there. Or he could just be tired.

I think there is no doubt that Ross will think long and hard about it, and I just get the feeling that he may decide in the end to take the offer and the new challenge of Melbourne.

Meanwhile we'll be left in the lurch.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."