Buddy might be injured...from Cats game..fractured tibia?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

goddardisgod
Club Player

mullet wrote:
saint tash wrote:
mullet wrote:Did I just hear correctly. Maxwell talking about his thumb and the commentators saying that the opposition will no doubt target that thumb? Will they get weeks like Bakes did
Yeah that was guess who??? Harley again. U wanna talk biased, have a listen to this chump.
I am disappointed if it was Harley, was listening but not watching. I actually quite like Tom and think he is very unbiased in his opinions. I am surprised that they would say that a player would target an injured player considering the consequences.
No! Maxwell has recovered from a broken finger. If he's still injured he wouldnt be playing. Therefore he is, and should be, fair game.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to see Eddie injured and I'd like to be the one that does it :)

ando051
Club Player

Heard a rumour that Maxwell will wear the yellow vest and sitting on the pine, but saying that it was before it was reported Reid went down. So they may need him to start.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:Heard a rumour that Maxwell will wear the yellow vest and sitting on the pine, but saying that it was before it was reported Reid went down. So they may need him to start.
I think you're getting confused with the Tour De France.

The sub wears a green vest.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I'm hopeful Buddy only misses a week,they're saying this morning possibly only bruising.

If we don't get through the next fortnight I want the Hawks to take on the filth in the prelim. If we can't win it attention immediatly turns to terminating that scurge from the finals series

Bring back the Lockett era
PJ
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:I'm hopeful Buddy only misses a week,they're saying this morning possibly only bruising.

If we don't get through the next fortnight I want the Hawks to take on the filth in the prelim. If we can't win it attention immediatly turns to terminating that scurge from the finals series
If it aint the saints I don't care who it is. We lost lenny early this year so they lose their draw card now - care factor 0. I'd love another crack at Geelong in the GF - payback.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
jonesy wrote:I'm hopeful Buddy only misses a week,they're saying this morning possibly only bruising.

If it aint the saints I don't care who it is. We lost lenny early this year so they lose their draw card now - care factor 0. I'd love another crack at Geelong in the GF - payback.
Luckily you live in Adelaide. When I lived in Darwin my hatred for Collingwood mysteriously diminished....three years ago I moved back to Melbourne,and instantly the very site of anything filth related makes me violently vomit

Bring back the Lockett era
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I'd like to see Eddie injured and I'd like to be the one that does it :)
* High Contact

* High Impact

* Totally Understandable Conduct

Free to play :D

Megsie
Club Player

didn't hear any hawks supporters sympathizing with us when Lenny
went down or when INCORRECT accusations were made against our
players or club.

Buddy injured & others.......so what !!!

stevie
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:I made the point last week, the weather could work in our favour with our final being the only one under a roof. (Now we just have to win it.)

Franklin won't play next week, Bailey will struggle, Hodge is carrying a thigh injury and Rioli is on one leg. The team who plays them next week goes in with a huge advantage. You need predictability in finals, Hodge and Franklin are two of the Hawks' biggest gamebreakers, and I thought their youngsters looked shaky on the big stage.
Would have to now question the decision to rest players the week before the finals. Geelong were full strength and up and running last week. Hawthorn rested players and I think they are all the ones that got injured. Perhaps resting players about 4 or 5 weeks out would be a better option.
I mentioned last week that the dawks soft draw would be a negative. They won their last 7 but the best team was carlscum

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Reports are in... a bit of bone bruising, and bleeding behind the hamstring. Good to hear it's not more serious, for his sake.

Buddy rates himself 50/50 to be available for Friday night.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

let me say when lenny went down there was almost universal applause for lenny and the quality individual that he is.

for every 1 nasty comment there were like 20 positive ones across the various sports forums and boards.

I'm fairly sure if it was milne it would be different, and there are certainly some snide comments regarding riewoldt, but lenny is almost universally applauded.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Reports are in... a bit of bone bruising, and bleeding behind the hamstring. Good to hear it's not more serious, for his sake.
Who cares about what's good for the opposition?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

dcstkfc wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:Reports are in... a bit of bone bruising, and bleeding behind the hamstring. Good to hear it's not more serious, for his sake.
Hawks aren't opposition yet... you're getting ahead of yourself.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Hawks aren't opposition yet... you're getting ahead of yourself.
True, but we'll have to beat them to win the flag! :wink:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Yes, thats the thing. We performed alright without Roo, but they already have their other power forward, Roughead, out for the season. Will be interesting to see their team next week.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Buddy rates himself 50/50 to be available for Friday night.
That’s being optimistic IMO. The bleeding behind the knee may take some time to settle down and it can take weeks. Richo and Leigh Mathews reckon it's still a serious injury. Mark Evans thinks he will probably struggle to come up this week. He didn't seem concerned about this week but more that they had "dodged a bullet" as the tabloids would write. :wink:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bozza1980
Club Player

goddardisgod wrote:
mullet wrote:
saint tash wrote:
mullet wrote:Did I just hear correctly. Maxwell talking about his thumb and the commentators saying that the opposition will no doubt target that thumb? Will they get weeks like Bakes did
Yeah that was guess who??? Harley again. U wanna talk biased, have a listen to this chump.
I am disappointed if it was Harley, was listening but not watching. I actually quite like Tom and think he is very unbiased in his opinions. I am surprised that they would say that a player would target an injured player considering the consequences.
No! Maxwell has recovered from a broken finger. If he's still injured he wouldnt be playing. Therefore he is, and should be, fair game.
You make an awful lot of sense, but sense doesn't apply when it comes to the application of this rule.

In the first St Kilda v Carlton game this year, Kossie bumped Garlett after he had returned to the field after being injured, the AFL went to great lengths to explain the only reason he wasn't suspended was because he hit the wrong arm.

Further than this, when Baker was suspended due to this rule it was for striking Johnson's hand after he had returned to the field after having his hand inspected.

The AFL have made this deliberately vague so they can suspend and not suspend as they see fit.

But if bumping an injured player after he has been returned to the field is worthy of suspension it would be the same if a player returns from weeks out with protective equipment on an injury.

So after all my warbling I guess what I am trying to say is, hit Maxwell"s hand at your own risk.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
saintDal
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Yes, thats the thing. We performed alright without Roo, but they already have their other power forward, Roughead, out for the season. Will be interesting to see their team next week.
It also took us a few games to get used to playing without Roo.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Whilst you'd hate to see anyone go down with a serious injury... I'd love a few to go down with minor issues:

Buddy - Hyper extended knee
Lewis rubbed out 1 week (though there was nothing in it)
Hodge does a hamstring
Rioli pulls a groin
Birchhill's partner has a baby

everything comes up st.kilda