Relieved!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Relieved!

The despair of Saturday night has faded. I'm now relieved the season's over.

After that terrible start, I reckon it was a bl**dy good effort to make the Finals.

In the cold light of day, how far could we have gone? Even if we HAD got over a Buddy-less hawthorn.

Better for the players to have a rest.
We'll have almost an extra month off.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Not trying to be ironic here, but there is already a thread in which posters are discussing their relief: http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=72287

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Ajer
Club Player

This is the kind of loser mentality that I hate. Your relieved and happy the players can "have an extra rest" by being eliminated the finals.

So what happens next year if we hanging around the top 8 and not quite good enough? Should we shut up shop and lose so our players can get an extra few weeks rest again? Would that make you relieved?

While we are still a shot of progressing through to the finals ill NEVER be relieved losing, I always expect to win and am angry when we lose. Hopefully the club don't share your pathetic mentality cause we're all in trouble if they do...

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

where is kozzifantutti?

'And this needed a new thread because....?'

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:where is kozzifantutti?

it's the way most work on here, including ********* :shock:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:where is kozzifantutti?

Mate, it's just forum etiquette.

You've started two threads about relief and crying. Come on, surely that only needed one!

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saw the title and thought Fev had been caught again :P

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

What happened to free speech?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:What happened to free speech?
It's got nothing to do with free speech. Copy your posts and paste them in the thread that already discusses the topic.

Ajer
Club Player

The poster "I Love Peter Kiel" is a troll, it is obvious :(

matrix
Saintsational Legend

look at the troll calling the troll troll
way to much trollness on this trollum

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:look at the troll calling the troll troll
A troll can be described as someone who continually posts about the same thing over and over and over again.

So matrix... tell me why you are not one? :twisted: :wink:

They walk amongst us...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
matrix wrote:look at the troll calling the troll troll
A troll can be described as someone who continually posts about the same thing over and over and over again.

So matrix... tell me why you are not one? :twisted: :wink:
Trolls are also renowned for lurking around on forums whilst consuming copious amounts of popcorn!

Matrix, ya troll :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

s***

busted

oh well
i got to 12000+ posts before getting found out

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Ajer wrote:This is the kind of loser mentality that I hate. Your relieved and happy the players can "have an extra rest" by being eliminated the finals.

So what happens next year if we hanging around the top 8 and not quite good enough? Should we shut up shop and lose so our players can get an extra few weeks rest again? Would that make you relieved?

While we are still a shot of progressing through to the finals ill NEVER be relieved losing, I always expect to win and am angry when we lose. Hopefully the club don't share your pathetic mentality cause we're all in trouble if they do...
Did you really go into the finals thinking we would be premiers? If so you are deluded. Yes it sucks losing but you can not honestly say you expected us to win a premiership this year.

Nothing wrong with people trying to find some positives out of a horrid year. It's not a loser mentality it's called moving on and looking towards our next crack at it. No point spending your whole life angry cause your football team didn't go all the way in a year they were lucky to make the finals.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Ajer
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote:
Ajer wrote:This is the kind of loser mentality that I hate. Your relieved and happy the players can "have an extra rest" by being eliminated the finals.

Did you really go into the finals thinking we would be premiers? If so you are deluded. Yes it sucks losing but you can not honestly say you expected us to win a premiership this year.

Nothing wrong with people trying to find some positives out of a horrid year. It's not a loser mentality it's called moving on and looking towards our next crack at it. No point spending your whole life angry cause your football team didn't go all the way in a year they were lucky to make the finals.
No, i didnt expect us to win the flag this year, but i certainly wasnt relieved when we lost. Anyone who is relieved when we lose, especially in a final, is a disgrace of a fan.

I honestly think we're a better side than Sydney and if we had of beaten them like we should have, who knows what could of happened against a Buddy-less Hawthorn. If we had of shut them down and scraped out a win, who knows what could of happened against Collingwood. We pushed them back in Round 17 or whenever that game was, cant remember the exact round, but maybe we could of pushed them again and heaven forbid even win.

I just cant accept fans coming on and saying they are "relieved" to have lost so that our guys can "get an extra two weeks rest". It is the worst cop out excuse for having a loss ive ever heard.

What if we go on a run like Carlton or Richmond have had over the past decade where we dont play finals for 10 years, or like in the 70s and 80s when we barely even played finals. Would you guys be "relieved" then so that our players can rest in September..? :oops:

Rosco
Club Player

Ajer wrote:who knows what could of happened
what could have happened

Ajer
Club Player

Rosco wrote:
Ajer wrote:who knows what could of happened
what could have happened
Yawn... :roll:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend