GT says we should go after Malthouse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mick13
Club Player

Stevie Rae wrote:Jesus the worm turns quicky for you guys.

Bag Malthouse incessantly all year and now you want to turn to him?

PMSL.

We dont want that flea bag and we shouldnt prostitute ourselves to get him all because he has coached 3 flags.

We have to fight our culture.
Opinions of people can change quickly. What Malthouse has done to make us hate him was s***. What Ross has done on the other had...

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Absolutely get Malthouse 100%!

Thomas is right about the incompetence of the St kilda board!

The appointment of Pelchen without notice.... a deliberate attempt from the board to usurp Lyon's authority was the straw that broke the camels back!

Inherited a brilliant coach and now these dumbed down, dingabats of discombobulation have managed to piss him off and then lose him

Westway might make good trucking calls but when it comes to football matters he knows SWEET F*** ALL!

I place the blame squarely with Ross, who misled and lied to the players, the president and even his own management, who have since sacked him as a client.

Westaway is guilty only of the same mistake many poor souls on this board have made in saying "in Ross I trust."

But to some it seems Ross still can do no wrong :roll:
They still think the sun rises and sets in his asshole. :D
I'm just glad I never jumped on board that bandwagon.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Wouldn't have minded a few years ago. Now hated by the club so no, could kill memberships even more.
What would you prefer - A) winning a flag in the next 3 years or B) Losing Milne, Roo and Lenny and Dal and BJ and Chips in the next 3 years and not winning a flag for the foreseeable future and possibly merging or not existing as a club in the new world of AFL expansion.

I mentioned Milney, because he won't be playing forever. Remember when Plugger was recruited to Sydney. Not only did Caven have to grin and bear him in the team, but he had to embrace him and so did the Sydney fans. Our club will only survive if it is strong and if the supporters see finals and see top 4 finishes. Ross has not developed any forwards or any defenders in his whole time. Name a forward that you could say has been taught and developed by Ross. name a backman that has debuted and developed and grown as a good player in the Saints line-up....let me see - hmmmmmmmmmmmm...there isn't one!!!

Ross is an ordinary coach, who had a great game plan and picked up a ready made team. I say 'had' because the game is constantly evolving and I say he is 'ordinary' because we all know he inherited a great list How can you say that a team with a bunch of top 5 draft picks all between 22 and 25 was an ordinary list. If anyone here repeats the myth about Ross being a great coach and the list ordinary when he arrived...well - fair dinkum - I'll spew!! apologies to Terry Wallace for stealing your line..lol

If it's not Malthouse, then even one of Malthouse understudies will do a much better job than Ross Lyon. I have no doubt about it.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Make no mistake. I would throw the kitchen sink at malthouse. I'd go after him with everything at my disposal.

sasaint
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:Get GT.

Knows how to develop young players and he eats pressure for breakfast.
Surely you jest. Destroys young players and has no idea of a game plan. :shock:

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

If GT came back they would introduce drug testing for coaches. After his recent confessions he eats (and drinks) more than pressure.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Good ideea. Let's go after Mathouse... The Malthouse Theatre for one of our major sponsors :D

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Schillaci
Club Player

I'd be wrapped if we could get MM. Agree he is the one to chase.
Paul Roos or Craig if we can't land the big fish.

wallbanger
Club Player

Wouldn't go for Malthouse if it meant we won the next 10 flags.

Absolute scum of the earth.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Wouldn't go for Malthouse if it meant we won the next 10 flags.

What do you think of RL? We may have players that are or have been the scum of the earth. If we won one flag it would be the greatest thing for the club in over 45 years.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Wouldn't go for Malthouse if it meant we won the next 10 flags.

i'd go for tony abbott if it meant we won the next one flag, and that's saying something because i think he's the absolute scum of the earth.

it's not life or death, it's more important than that.

Rosco
Club Player

10 flags is a bit extreme. personally i would not be happy with malthouse. would still buy my membership but would not be happy about it, and may lose a bit of interest (compared to the last few years). if we won a flag with him that would be wonderful, but they don't hand those to the teams with (arguably) the best coach alone.

plus he is a liar.

supersaints
Club Player

Come home Mick , all is forgiven (providing you say sorry in person to milney).... Bring Bally back to the family 

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
wallbanger
Club Player

Winning that elusive flag is why we are all here - but not with that maggot at the helm. Ever.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Winning that elusive flag is why we are all here - but not with that maggot at the helm. Ever.
Well i want him so sorry to say hopefully we get him and if that means you arent a member and we win a flag so be it. By the way we have no hope of getting him so rest easy.

wallbanger
Club Player

Have a feeling you'd say you want Bert Newton if people said they didn't want him.

Each to their own - that ANY St Kilda supporter could say they would support, clap and cheer Mick Malthouse is absolutely beyond my belief. Juvenile maybe, and I'm sure you'll come back with some derogatory, smart response to that, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

Do you think Eddie would've looked at recruiting RL if the situation was reversed? If Krak had been called a drug dealing scumbag? Not a chance in hell, even to win a flag.

Find another coach and work towards a successful period and a flag that way - without that rat.

I hope you are right and the chance of it is zero. Maybe there is a footy god.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I dont personally like the man, but I dont have to like the man.

Proven he's one of the best and can deliver, we're in a crowded market now, and if we could land him we probably should.... big if though.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Reckon we should go after Buckley.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: GT says we should go after Malthouse

sainterinsydney wrote:"That would be the final thing I want to do, to coach St Kilda, so keep in touch'."
Has a ring of "Not if you were the last person on earth" about it...is GT sure he got the gyst of the conversation?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Each to their own - that ANY St Kilda supporter could say they would support, clap and cheer Mick Malthouse is absolutely beyond my belief. Juvenile maybe...
very juvenile. it's a grown-up world and sometimes you have to work with people you don't like. i'm sure milney would be fine with that - he's one of the most thick-skinned guys at the club - though he still wouldn't be ecstatic.

but from the point of view of a supporter, i just want a f****** flag. i don't really care who brings it to me. the club is much bigger than any individuals.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I dont personally like the man, but I dont have to like the man.

Proven he's one of the best and can deliver, we're in a crowded market now, and if we could land him we probably should.... big if though.
I have never known a coach personally, but from what i saw didn't like GT, thought Lyon had integrity but have been proven wrong, think Malthouse is a prig, but would have to suck it up if he coached us.

I dont want them as a friend, I want them to win us a flag if possible.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
clisaint
Club Player

wallbanger wrote:
Do you think Eddie would've looked at recruiting RL if the situation was reversed? If Krak had been called a drug dealing scumbag? Not a chance in hell, even to win a flag.
Differrence is MM is a proven premiership coach, at two clubs. RL is not.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Get Malthouse ASAP!!!!

Although I was very concerned this morning when our CEO stated on Radio Sports National they would not look at a coach who is contracted to another club, FFS wake up and smell the F'n roses!!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
wallbanger wrote:Each to their own - that ANY St Kilda supporter could say they would support, clap and cheer Mick Malthouse is absolutely beyond my belief. Juvenile maybe...
very juvenile. it's a grown-up world and sometimes you have to work with people you don't like. i'm sure milney would be fine with that - he's one of the most thick-skinned guys at the club - though he still wouldn't be ecstatic.

but from the point of view of a supporter, i just want a f****** flag. i don't really care who brings it to me. the club is much bigger than any individuals.
I'm in two minds about MM...seems he'd be a great coach, but the last time we recruited someone openly hostile to the club, it didn't (as expected) work out too well. The concept of recruiting a mercenary coach has more than a touch of Malcolm Blight about it.

Plus he's a sour egotistical old woman, as per Blighty, I think we'd push him over the edge, as per Blighty. Urgh...the whole thing gives me nightmares...I was sure this whole thing was a practical joke when I first read it, and it's getting worse by the minute!

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I brought up Malthouse back in May and was promptly shot down back then, interesting reading that thread too considering what has happened over the past couple of days....

I want the best coach to take our players forward, whether that is Malthouse, or someone else, I guess results and direction will be the only true judgement on their decision in the end. What about Leigh Matthews? I want a big fish and think we need a big fish.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!