new saints coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Craig Bellamy.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

derby Street wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
derby Street wrote:Thanks for this topic to lighten the mood and provide lot's of laughs on a gloomy night :D some ppl here with a great sense of humour. Gary Ayres, Mark Harvey, Rob Harvey, etc
Glad we have made you laugh at this stressful time....

How much out of left field were the appointments of Clarkson and Bailey at the time :shock:

Also good of you to provide your coaching suggestions before slamming others O great oracle.
I will give you Clarkson - but was Bailey another of your hillarious attempts at comedy. Stressful (get a life - I can give you a million things more stressful than a coach leaving a football club. Have you ever lost a child through a long suffering illness ?) Let the club get on with appointing a new coach - they did a good job last time. Might have been out of left field as well :D and better than Bailey :shock:
Well excuse me - these were my suggestions on page 2:
'Roos, Bomber Thompson, Alan Richardson, Rob Harvey, Scott Watters'

I only mentioned Clarkson & Bailey as examples of coaches appointed out of left field at the time (never said Bailey to coach Saints) - because you laughed at posters who put up Ayers and both Harveys. Yet you offered no suggestions.....

And you were the one that mentioned a 'gloomy night'.....I couldn't give a shyster
Go figure :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Elvis
Club Player

Eric Cantona
Gaddafi
George Bush
Kyle Sandilands
Warwick Capper
Prince Harry
Lionel Ritchie
Joan Rivers
Ossie Osborne
Bob Katter

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Who is available??

Eade
Richardson
Williams
Laidley
Bailey
Knights
German
Gotch
Roos??
Malthouse??
Neeld
Burns
Tudor
Craig
Silvagni
R.Harvey
Matthews

Start shortlisting i suppose

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Neeld is out.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Is he at melbourne??

Not reading papers atm

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Is he at melbourne??

Not reading papers atm
Yep.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Is he at melbourne??

Not reading papers atm
Yes and Scott Burns looks like hes got the Adelaide gig

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

...and Barry Manilow.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:...and Barry Manilow.
Could be magic appointment.

StSteven
Club Player

The love affair with Geelong (recruiting King, Gamble etc.) we could end up with Brenton Sanderson.

Ps Not Gadafi....poor in defense at the moment

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:The love affair with Geelong (recruiting King, Gamble etc.) we could end up with Brenton Sanderson.

Ps Not Gadafi....poor in defense at the moment

:lol:

has a bit of ross in him

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I suggest Rodney Eade on a 1 season contract, make Harvs the Senior Assistant, with a view to him taking over with perhaps Eade in a Senior Assistant role for Harv's first season, similar to Malthouse and Bucks.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
suss wrote:Bit soon isn't it? I'm still in love with last one...
no f*** him...if you are not with us you are against us.....he's now the enemy.....probably try to pinch a couple of our players too........prick... :evil:
Well he can have his role players Polo and Gamble for a start.
You need to swap your Avatar with your sig but leave the picture the same.
Giving advice now saint pav? U spent the last few months bagging me for daring question that ross lyon was anything but the messiah. U are a dead set flog buddy.
I'm not your buddy and your posts are crap.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:thomo_ninemsn Grant Thomas
by MorningGlorySEN
I'm hearing Burns is going to coach Melbourne and Neil Craig is Director of Coaching. Eade Director of coaching at Crows. Cards are falling.
Another scoop from the illustrious GT :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
suss
Club Player

If Bickley is still in the frame at Adelaide then that leaves Burns free - assuming that the Dogs go with Cameron and the Dees Neeld. Burns comes with huge wraps and would be a great get IMO.

faircatfan
Club Player

[quote="StSteven"]The love affair with Geelong (recruiting King, Gamble etc.) we could end up with Brenton Sanderson.

Not as silly as it sounds. Quality bloke who could have taken the Port Power job ( if he merely "just wanted to be an AFL coach"), didnt spit the dummy when the cats appointed Scott. Not saying "take him", BUT do think he is at least worth looking at.

jackson browne
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

What is Terry Daniher doing these days?

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Gary Ayres for mine - has all the experience and looks like a Premiership coach this year.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:Gary Ayres for mine - has all the experience and looks like a Premiership coach this year.
I wouldn't be against him, he's probably a very good coach, just has a terrible image and stigma attached at the moment.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

neil craig assistant at melb
well bang goes the rumor of working with some cricketers

so leaves dogs and us

looks like mick it is...when he gets out of his contract bulls*** with eddie

ayres
errrr...pass

Legendary
Club Player

Ayres was hopeless at AFL level.

Took over at the Cats, took them from the top to the bottom of the ladder. Then did the same thing with Adelaide. Terrible record when he did play finals.

His record as an AFL coach is shocking. I'd rather John Barker coach us than Gary Ayres.

I reckon we should look closely at Brendan McCartney. Hird rated him very highly in the media earlier his year, and he was a huge part of success at Geelong and now at Essendon.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:looks like mick it is...when he gets out of his contract bulls*** with eddie
Just quietly - is there any way that common sense prevails and Mick stays where he is? Does Eddie need to be overthrown? Mick's contract as non-coach is only a year. How long is Bucks contracted? If Freo can justify ~$1.5M for their senior coach next year, then can Collingwood do the same to clean up the mess that Eddie's man-crush made?

I think most could deal with Mick, even if he wasn't very nice to Milne. How would you all feel about Bucks coaching us?

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote: I reckon we should look closely at Brendan McCartney. Hird rated him very highly in the media earlier his year, and he was a huge part of success at Geelong and now at Essendon.
Has he ever played at the senior level?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Legendary
Club Player

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 1e25z.html

James Hird:
"I can't imagine there's a better coach in Australia in the way he develops players and teaches them to play football," Hird said of Brendan McCartney. "I'm surprised someone like that hasn't had a chance at senior level, because in my time in footy I don't think I've met a better coach."

Tom Harley:
Harley says his black-and-white approach equates to fairness. "The most important part of any sort of teaching is the follow-up, and he would put hours and hours into you." He sees the McCartney philosophy as essentially old school: win your own contest, and never, ever give up. "If you're not willing to relish the contest, you won't survive too long under any regime that Macca's involved in."

His record, Harley says, speaks for itself. "He worked with a very young defensive group at Geelong, and by the mid-part of that decade and obviously through the premiership years we had the runs on the board as the No. 1-ranked defence in the competition.

"He took over the midfield in our premiership years and blooded two Brownlow Medallists [Jimmy Bartel and Gary Ablett] and a really strong midfield that's the envy of a lot of the competition." Already, Harley sees a McCartney-Thompson stamp on Essendon in 2011.

Paul Hamilton:
Maintaining match-day influence at Essendon also keeps alive the possibility of a coaching fairytale. McCartney went for the Port Adelaide job and the Power was deeply impressed before settling on Matthew Primus. But Harley and Gieschen aren't alone in their conviction that the 50-year-old would be a successful senior coach if given the chance.

"I'd love you to quote me on how good he is, [because] I couldn't speak more highly of the influence he's had," Hamilton says.