David Misson gone...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
degruch wrote:
Sainterman wrote:Some of us do know more and are not going to publish it on an interent forum for all to see.
Why not?
Cmon Sainterman spill the beans???

If you were so desperate to unseat the current board wouldn't telling everybody what you know actually help your cause??

What is your reason behind big noting and boasting about "what you know"

Is it a power thing?? or .... Are you worried that your sources are unreliable??

Nothing worse than someone who big notes about what they know but can't tell - seriously either fess up or shut up!!!
This, cant stand people that say they have inside knowledge and boast about it on the net and then say they cant tell. You aint cool.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
mcadam05
Club Player

if Dave Missen had a contract why for the love of god cant we keep him too it!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Just heard thats SportsBet have justed started a book on what type of animal BARKS is given all the bleating that is protruding through his keyboard

8-13 - that he is actually the SHEEP he is claiming everyone else to be
4-1 - Young Defenceless Lamb
15-2 - Nigerian Dwarf Goat
12-1 - Castrated Milking Shorthorn Dairy Calf
20-1 - Himalayan Mountain Goat
100-1 - Intelligent St. Kilda Supporter

In 2005 I called for Thomas to be sacked and 95% of people on here disagreed with me VERY STRONGLY

FOUR YEARS later almost 100% were thankful that Thomas was sacked and replaced by Lyon

You want a clue, I'll try and give you one, BUT if choose to remain clueless that is your prerogative!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Not sure many have said that but we would have had the best injury run of any side in the last 3 years.
:shock: No, no-one's said (until now), because it's complete garbage, even with the 'managable' caveat included.

markp
Saintsational Legend

From the same article....
The Saints say they're not interested in discovering why Ross Lyon decided to walk away from the club in favour of a new beginning at Fremantle.

St Kilda chief executive Michael Nettlefold said Lyon didn't offer any explanation for his decision when the pair met late on Thursday, and Nettlefold has no plans to pursue the matter any further.

"We haven't had any discussion with Ross about any of the reasons at this point," Nettlefold told reporters at Seaford on Friday.

"I think it's a bit irrelevant, now."

"If Ross has made decisions, Ross is entitled and we respect that he has the right to make decisions about his future."

"I think pondering about those sort of things is irrelevant for us at this point."
Now I'm thinking the guy is a pickle.... :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Just heard thats SportsBet have justed started a book on what type of animal BARKS is given all the bleating that is protruding through his keyboard

In 2005 I called for Thomas to be sacked and 95% of people on here disagreed with me VERY STRONGLY

FOUR YEARS later almost 100% were thankful that Thomas was sacked and replaced by Lyon

You want a clue, I'll try and give you one, BUT if choose to remain clueless that is your prerogative!
You think everyone should be sacked.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:Nettlefold said he expects Lyon's move to have no bearing on the club's prospects of retaining its key support staff.

"Dave Missen, our head of conditioning will be with the club for some time, he's contracted," Nettlefold said.

"The club from an organisational perspective is in great shape."

That is dated 16/09/11 :roll:

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-disp ... -on-138481

oh dear

"spirit of the contract" "spirit of the contract" "spirit of the contract"

SPIN, SPIN and more SPIN

what's worse is the sleeping sheep keep on sleeping

killa_gram
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:

You truely are the Messiah!

BTW could you be any more up yourself?

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:Nettlefold said he expects Lyon's move to have no bearing on the club's prospects of retaining its key support staff.

"Dave Missen, our head of conditioning will be with the club for some time, he's contracted," Nettlefold said.

"The club from an organisational perspective is in great shape."

That is dated 16/09/11 :roll:

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-disp ... -on-138481

oh dear

"spirit of the contract" "spirit of the contract" "spirit of the contract"

SPIN, SPIN and more SPIN

what's worse is the sleeping sheep keep on sleeping
Who cares, you would have wanted to sack him anyway.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I think reality is, we're rebuilding.

Rebuilding totally.

Which players are we worried about losing? Everyone is contracted, so we get compensation if they leave (usually!).

We played in 2 GF's, and have played finals for nearly 10! What goes up, must come down.

I don't think it's unusual for this type of thing to happen. I thikn if people thought we'd be a contender this year or next, or even the one after - they may have been dreamin'.

And, that would have been the case if Lyon was still at the club aswell, in my opinion of course.

He's recruited too many dudes that can only play one type of role, and the guys who can play the offensive types of roles are getting older and not capable of dragging the team over the line each week. And of course the kids coming through the ranks aren't of the quality required to be the next leadership group of a genuine contender.

So unless a new coach came in and kept Lyon's style with only minor tweaks, then of course we're rebuilding. Even the great Ross Lyon took 2 years to get a team that had played finals for 3 years straight to play his style of footy.

It's happened to just about every club, and to us before. It's far from the end of the world. It's pretty much just the cycle of AFL footy.

The guys at the club had their chance, and they blew it/couldn't get over the line.

So reload, rebuild, whatever, then try again.

Personally, I am excited.
Last edited by Johnny Member on Tue 20 Sep 2011 5:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The Saints say they're not interested in discovering why Ross Lyon decided to walk away from the club in favour of a new beginning at Fremantle.

St Kilda chief executive Michael Nettlefold said Lyon didn't offer any explanation for his decision when the pair met late on Thursday, and Nettlefold has no plans to pursue the matter any further.

"We haven't had any discussion with Ross about any of the reasons at this point," Nettlefold told reporters at Seaford on Friday.

"If Ross has made decisions, Ross is entitled and we respect that he has the right to make decisions about his future."

"I think pondering about those sort of things is irrelevant for us at this point."

Oh dear

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Talk about the blind leading the blind

Saints43
Club Player

markp wrote:From the same article....

Jeepers. I would've thought that given the opportunity to 'exit interview' someone who'd been in a senior role at the club for five years you'd ask him why he moved on. If he says he didn't like the biscuits in the kitchen then all well and good but he may also bring up some issues that need to be addressed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Not sure many have said that but we would have had the best injury run of any side in the last 3 years.
:shock: No, no-one's said (until now), because it's complete garbage, even with the 'managable' caveat included.
I think we clearly have had the best run with managable injuries in the last 3 years. Name all these games we have lost with regular players in the last 3 years. Bugger all compared to many clubs if not all clubs.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
I think we clearly have had the best run with managable injuries in the last 3 years. Name all these games we have lost with regular players in the last 3 years. Bugger all compared to many clubs if not all clubs.
Collingwood have had the best run, by a country mile.

St Lenny
Club Player

I was only saying to my partner the other day, why do we get so many injuries and the top clubs dont?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote: Jeepers. I would've thought that given the opportunity to 'exit interview' someone who'd been in a senior role at the club for five years you'd ask him why he moved on. If he says he didn't like the biscuits in the kitchen then all well and good but he may also bring up some issues that need to be addressed.
Dare I say they'd know exactly why he bailed out.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:I was only saying to my partner the other day, why do we get so many injuries and the top clubs dont?
Hawks have had a pretty lousy run.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Umh no I think 95% of the forum got frustrated with you spamming the boards... hijacking every thread with your cutting and pasting and so forth

markp
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
markp wrote:From the same article....

Jeepers. I would've thought that given the opportunity to 'exit interview' someone who'd been in a senior role at the club for five years you'd ask him why he moved on. If he says he didn't like the biscuits in the kitchen then all well and good but he may also bring up some issues that need to be addressed.

Yep, maybe he doesn't want to hear the answer?

Wonder if he'll dare ask Misson or Berbakov... or whoever's next?

Not good.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:The Gold Coast lost the best S and C guy ever in Dean Robinson mid-season without so much as a sniff...

What is it that Misson can add after a relatively lengthy tenure?

Um...Ice yourselves MORE....Altitude train MORE....Stretch MORE....

Come on...It's hardly the end of the world...

Every club has a Misson. They all do the same thing.
Fitness and conditioning staff cost us the premiership in 2005!

If you're not concerned then you obviously have not much of a clue!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Collingwood have had the best run, by a country mile.
I doubt that over the last 3 years. Maybe last year but we would have them covered for the other 2.

Sainterman
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
degruch wrote:
Sainterman wrote:Some of us do know more and are not going to publish it on an interent forum for all to see.
Why not?
Cmon Sainterman spill the beans???

If you were so desperate to unseat the current board wouldn't telling everybody what you know actually help your cause??

What is your reason behind big noting and boasting about "what you know"

Is it a power thing?? or .... Are you worried that your sources are unreliable??

Nothing worse than someone who big notes about what they know but can't tell - seriously either fess up or shut up!!!
Look, I don't think I have ever been one to inflame anything on this board or to big note. Occasionally I might drop something I hear but never anything that might destabilise or cause the club angst. In fact I am careful about what I write if I am fortunate enough to hear things.

In this case I know that our admin has bumbled along and in the end bungled things so badly that we don't have RL anymore. He left the way he did for reasons, $'s and others!

I am not involved in any challenges to the current admin and don't think I wil be but I do know people are "chatting" and looking into what can be done.

I am as passionate as anyone else on here, go back and look at any of my previous posts. It is frustrating to watch everyone go along thinking all is fine, when it clearly isn't. What needs to happen for some people to realise this?

So what I will say is there are many unhappy with the way things are being run, this includes some discontent with those on the board, and some discontent with MN. We may not need to completely wipe the board but we do need significant change!

Apart from that I will choose the "shut up" option from here, which you so kindly offered.

But seriously, open your eyes and have a think about where we are currently at.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Just to fan the flames a bit, it could be argued that had he been able to get Luke Ball as fit as Collingwood's guy did, we'd all be in a totally different frame of mind right now.

I'm not bagging him, cause I don't really know anything about him. But regardless of who's been in charge and why they happened - we've had unfit players going into Grand Finals, and lost key players to big injuries for 2 straight years.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Just to fan the flames a bit, it could be argued that had he been able to get Luke Ball as fit as Collingwood's guy did, we'd all be in a totally different frame of mind right now.

I'm not bagging him, cause I don't really know anything about him. But regardless of who's been in charge and why they happened - we've had unfit players going into Grand Finals, and lost key players to big injuries for 2 straight years.
You may be right on Ball but you cannot blame those other injuries in Misson.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bring back GT.

PS B4E..you keep reminding so many on here that they are sheep etc etc..do you continue to post because you feel more intelligent surrounded by all these clowns? because if you were intelligent why would you bother ?
Just a thought ;)
Last edited by The Fireman on Tue 20 Sep 2011 5:55pm, edited 1 time in total.