David Misson gone...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainterman
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
degruch wrote:
Sainterman wrote:Some of us do know more and are not going to publish it on an interent forum for all to see.
Why not?
Cmon Sainterman spill the beans???

If you were so desperate to unseat the current board wouldn't telling everybody what you know actually help your cause??

What is your reason behind big noting and boasting about "what you know"

Is it a power thing?? or .... Are you worried that your sources are unreliable??

Nothing worse than someone who big notes about what they know but can't tell - seriously either fess up or shut up!!!
Look, I don't think I have ever been one to inflame anything on this board or to big note. Occasionally I might drop something I hear but never anything that might destabilise or cause the club angst. In fact I am careful about what I write if I am fortunate enough to hear things.

In this case I know that our admin has bumbled along and in the end bungled things so badly that we don't have RL anymore. He left the way he did for reasons, $'s and others!

I am not involved in any challenges to the current admin and don't think I wil be but I do know people are "chatting" and looking into what can be done.

I am as passionate as anyone else on here, go back and look at any of my previous posts. It is frustrating to watch everyone go along thinking all is fine, when it clearly isn't. What needs to happen for some people to realise this?

So what I will say is there are many unhappy with the way things are being run, this includes some discontent with those on the board, and some discontent with MN. We may not need to completely wipe the board but we do need significant change!

Apart from that I will choose the "shut up" option from here, which you so kindly offered.

But seriously, open your eyes and have a think about where we are currently at.
what a load of poof. where we are is finishing in the finals after the recession we had to have.
What is a load of poof even supposed to mean?

Yep, great year we just had....loved it.

Things are going along swimmingly!!! Should be a trouble free off season really...

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Amazing now that when very good coaches/staff leave the club they are now no good. Quite funny. Dave will be a big loss, very big loss.
You do realize though that they're intending to replace him?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Amazing now that when very good coaches/staff leave the club they are now no good. Quite funny. Dave will be a big loss, very big loss.
No they're not...

I give you strength and conditioning....

:wink:

Austinnn
Club Player

dragit wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Excuse me BUT IMO the SOLUTION to getting the club back on track starts with the removal of theses clowns who are responsible for this mess
That's fine mate, but you're talking to a bunch of bored footy fans, unfortunately I don't have the power to sack the board, this can only be done when a seriously organised bunch of wealthy, business savvy people are ready to take over…

Quit farking hassling out mere fans and ruining every thread on this forum, we get the point, now go do something about it instead of YELLING IN CAPITALS AT EVERYONE ALL THE TIME

WHEN SOMEONE ELSE CAN TAKE OVER THEN THEY CAN CHALLENGE
Absolutely. Come on Barks, DO something. You seem to be on this forum all the time shouting repetatively like a mental case.

Get off your computer, organise a ticket for alternative leadership and take the board on. If you can find a REAL alternative, I will support you. If you can't do it, then you are worse than useless. You are bringing us down.

We come on here to discuss many different Saints issues with rationality and humour, you turn up and start shouting and pushing and the discussion vanishes. All to state the same 2 points which you've stated before: GT was a s*** coach. Westaway and co are a s*** admin. Got it.

Your message has reached saturation point. We get it. As dragit says, shouting to us won't achieve anything. It doesn't even appear to give you satisfaction. It's so futile. We won't follow you, not until you give us something REAL.

I can't think of another poster here except for you who wants to see more posts from you.

Its a shame, because some points you make are actually valid, but they are lost amongst the effluent stream of aggressive and factbending mega-opinion that comes up under your name.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The crumbling of fitness has started immediately since the departure of Misson.

Apparently bj was seen in Brighton today on crutches.

Oh no - Henny Penny time :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Obviously

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Thinline wrote:The Gold Coast lost the best S and C guy ever in Dean Robinson mid-season without so much as a sniff...

What is it that Misson can add after a relatively lengthy tenure?

Um...Ice yourselves MORE....Altitude train MORE....Stretch MORE....

Come on...It's hardly the end of the world...

Every club has a Misson. They all do the same thing.
Fitness and conditioning staff cost us the premiership in 2005!

If you're not concerned then you obviously have not much of a clue!
That was SIX YEARS AGO dingbat.

I've just about had it with your pointless blab.

So, according to your logic, no one at the club has learned anything while St Misson the Extraordinary has been in his role. Nothing at all. Zero. We move forward with nothing gained from his attendance at our club at all. And no one else can fill the gaping void.

Now go sort out that ticket and have a dip at the title. I await the goldness of your all knowing administration with keen interest.

Can't freakin' wait.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Misson's left clubs before.

How's the last club he left traveling?

It's all doom for some people.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hiya Barks! I put up a reply on p2 of this thread to your assertion that in response to David Misson going, we need to "sack the board" and in my post I asked if you could put up names for the positions you want to see becoming vacant. I'm NOT accepting "I'll vote for anyone with a clue" as a measured and thought-out response to a legitimate question, and if you are either unwilling/unable to provide some sort of alternative ticket/list of names then I'm afraid I'll have to dismiss your calls for sacking the board as just shouting out for shouting out's sake.
Nothing personal mate, but you're not coming up with anything that I could vote for or support.
Best regards

Dave :D

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Richter
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:Misson's left clubs before.

How's the last club he left traveling?

It's all doom for some people.
Exactly.

5 years ago, many AFL clubs, our own included were pretty naive about sports science and conditioning, so getting someone like Misson really was a huge coup, as it was like chalk and chees compared to what had gone before.

But guess what... AFL has caught up now... clubs are aware of this stuff. IMO, get the right coach in - professional, experienced assistant, then let him, Pelchen and Nettlefold pick the next High Performance Coach.

Really it isn't that hard.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Hiya Barks! I put up a reply on p2 of this thread to your assertion that in response to David Misson going, we need to "sack the board" and in my post I asked if you could put up names for the positions you want to see becoming vacant. I'm NOT accepting "I'll vote for anyone with a clue" as a measured and thought-out response to a legitimate question, and if you are either unwilling/unable to provide some sort of alternative ticket/list of names then I'm afraid I'll have to dismiss your calls for sacking the board as just shouting out for shouting out's sake.
Nothing personal mate, but you're not coming up with anything that I could vote for or support.
Best regards

Dave :D
Seconded.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Richter
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote:I think reality is, we're rebuilding.

Rebuilding totally.

Which players are we worried about losing? Everyone is contracted, so we get compensation if they leave (usually!).

We played in 2 GF's, and have played finals for nearly 10! What goes up, must come down.

So reload, rebuild, whatever, then try again.

Personally, I am excited.
Mate, you talk a lot of sense, glad you starting posting more.

Like you, I am looking forward to next season. Seeing how Lenny and Jimmy go - how some of the new lads go, with another preseason and a bit of experience under their belt.

It's all good.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:I think reality is, we're rebuilding.

Rebuilding totally.

Which players are we worried about losing? Everyone is contracted, so we get compensation if they leave (usually!).

We played in 2 GF's, and have played finals for nearly 10! What goes up, must come down.

So reload, rebuild, whatever, then try again.

Personally, I am excited.
Mate, you talk a lot of sense, glad you starting posting more.

Like you, I am looking forward to next season. Seeing how Lenny and Jimmy go - how some of the new lads go, with another preseason and a bit of experience under their belt.

It's all good.
I agree.

Plus this years crop of kids, and perhaps some mature age rookies.

Lenny and Jimmy are hugely significant, both ooze composure, something we lacked on field this year IMO.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

It's more common that support staff are replaced than remain when a new coach is appointed.

Misson is a loss but he's not the only expert in this field in the country.

And as for the Assistant Coachs who have left or may go, who on here really rated these guys anyway?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Great posts! Could it be that there are SOME Sainters who are actually looking forward to next season? (I thought it was just me :wink: )

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Great posts! Could it be that there are SOME Sainters who are actually looking forward to next season? (I thought it was just me :wink: )
Nah, as James Taylor would say "You've Got A Friend".

And quite a few looking at the posts :)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

OR as Bill Withers sang: Lean on me! :lol: .......OR "no time for tears, wasted water's all that is, an it don't make no flowers grow"
Amen Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Par-REACH me another chapter!!!!!!!! :lol:

Austinnn
Club Player

Yeah, All are replacable and as long as we make the right moves, this year could end up being a blessing in disguise. A bloody good disguise, as Blackadder said!
Last edited by Austinnn on Tue 20 Sep 2011 9:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Great posts! Could it be that there are SOME Sainters who are actually looking forward to next season? (I thought it was just me :wink: )
Deffo. We will endure and come through stronger, harder, more professional. That's just what we do. You have my vote already, Jigglin'! :lol:

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
jays
Club Player

bigger loss than ross imo

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Ahh Barks, Westaway took over at the end of 2006 after we had made the finals, sacked Thomas and appointed Lyon.
It wasn't a knee jerk reaction to not making the finals in 07.
You're wrong about this as you are with just about EVERYTHING else!

The election was at the end of the 2007 season after we missed the finals in Lyon's first year!

That's just a FACT!

It does not surprise me in the least that YOU would not know what you're talking about!

GoTheTorp
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Ahh Barks, Westaway took over at the end of 2006 after we had made the finals, sacked Thomas and appointed Lyon.
It wasn't a knee jerk reaction to not making the finals in 07.
You're wrong about this as you are with just about EVERYTHING else!

The election was at the end of the 2007 season after we missed the finals in Lyon's first year!

That's just a FACT!

It does not surprise me in the least that YOU would not know what you're talking about!
Get over yourself ffs

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Since Misson left the Swans they've been in the top 4 most years for the least players used.

2010 was their worst during his absence, but I'm not sure it was because of soft tissue injuries, I think they blooded some new talent.

This year has been our worst year for players used since Misson came on board.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote: your big on sack the board but don't have a clue who would replace them, fact is the replacement could be worse than the current one.
Is this even remotely possible, I think NOT!

During this board's tenure we have made the finals 4 years in a row, played off fo rtwo premierships, the only board to have done better we're the ones in place in 1966.
Are you really that laterally challenged?

All this on the coat tails of a coaching appointment made by the previous board!

How is this got anything to do with the current board?

All they've managed to do is screw up the relationship with this coach who took us to back to back Grand Finals within one point of a premiership to the point where he has now left!