Saints List Assessment...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Walsh and Winmar are meant to have great skills.

Aha. At last, the reason he could'nt get a game is explained. He is a good kick, and would show our other players up!

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints List Assessment...

WinnersOnly wrote: Trade Out:
Suggested trades to improve our team skill levels - Gilbert, Clarke, Gram, Jones & Ray for whatever is available.

Gilbert & Gram GWS = Late 1st Round Draft Selection & 17 y/o
Clarke Adelaide = 3rd or 4th Round Selection
Ray & Jones Fremantle = Griffin & 2nd Round Draft choice.

On-trade:
?Key Forward or Medium forwards …
I know the club is not likely to turn over that many players from the list this year, but I think now is the time to be bold with our trading.
I like the idea of your Gilbert/Gram trade. I suggested similar a few days ago. Needs to be tweaked a bit though, as no way we'll get that.
- More likely G/G + our first rounder = Late first rounder (or early second rounder) plus best 17 year old.
Where has the Clarke to Adelaide rumour come from?
I think Ray is very important to us. Not sure where the Ray hate comes from - he was injured this year, needs to stay with us as does Jones. Freo does seem to have one or two too many rucks though, especially if Clark goes to them.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:For skills Gwilt is 'excellent.' Along with Dal Santo and Goddard he is our best user by foot of the ball.
Maybe I am wrong, I just have visions at the start of the year of him missing heaps of targets kicking short passes over teammates heads, on the full etc. That was him yeah? The love for him on here has me second guessing myself.

Strength through Loyalty
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

borderbarry wrote:Walsh and Winmar are meant to have great skills.

Aha. At last, the reason he could'nt get a game is explained. He is a good kick, and would show our other players up!
Exactly the reason why Siposs was dropped I'm guessing.

Strength through Loyalty
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Old Mate wrote:For skills Gwilt is 'excellent.' Along with Dal Santo and Goddard he is our best user by foot of the ball.
Maybe I am wrong, I just have visions at the start of the year of him missing heaps of targets kicking short passes over teammates heads, on the full etc. That was him yeah? The love for him on here has me second guessing myself.
His field kicking is excellent I have know idea what you're going on about. He does our kicking out from goal for a reason. Probably does it more than anyone.

Cro
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
St Ick wrote:
His field kicking is excellent I have know idea what you're going on about. He does our kicking out from goal for a reason. Probably does it more than anyone.
He still missed too many targets to be considered excellent.
He looks excellent by comparison to what's around him.