St Kilda Performance on Footy Show Review

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

SainterK wrote: Something has to give.
I hope it's the size of your avatar.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
SainterK wrote: Something has to give.
I hope it's the size of your avatar.
I just edited it, still to big?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Channel 9 reckon they go through the players' managers to get them to perform on gigs like last night, not the footy club.
The players' employ managers, on a decent %age, to look after their interests (Gary Ablett's was still paying all his bills for him, years afetr he'd retired).
I reckon the managers need throttling. As they take the bookings, you'd reckon they might be across what the St.K.F.C. players would be better to stay away from. Don't they remember Ch 9 giving a p!ssed Fevola the microphone at the Brownlow and reckon that might be a reasonable clue as to what 9 are interested in?
If you genuinely manage a player you would surely vet requests to participate in things like TFS? It only takes a couple of questions and to set some boundaries. For the %age they get, it should be mandatory.
The club most surely should have done better in the aftermath. But, in matters like this, the managers should be front and centre. If they don't "get it", then give the job to someone who does.
It doesn't bother you that the players don't have enough depth of thinking to come up with this conclusion on their own?

The club tweeted last night to tune in, today it releases an official apology.

I thought after the mess of the off season, they appointed a PR company.

It's the shambles down there.

Who is driving this?

Something has to give.
Looks like the only thing the players did wrong was not use their brains.

After the events of the last 12 months, I am glad it is that organ that is causing the current problems and not the other one!

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Just headed down to Linen House Centre and managed to snap this picture of the people running this club....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:Just headed down to Linen House Centre and managed to snap this picture of the people running this club....

SACK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Channel 9 reckon they go through the players' managers to get them to perform on gigs like last night, not the footy club.
The players' employ managers, on a decent %age, to look after their interests (Gary Ablett's was still paying all his bills for him, years afetr he'd retired).
I reckon the managers need throttling. As they take the bookings, you'd reckon they might be across what the St.K.F.C. players would be better to stay away from. Don't they remember Ch 9 giving a p!ssed Fevola the microphone at the Brownlow and reckon that might be a reasonable clue as to what 9 are interested in?
If you genuinely manage a player you would surely vet requests to participate in things like TFS? It only takes a couple of questions and to set some boundaries. For the %age they get, it should be mandatory.
The club most surely should have done better in the aftermath. But, in matters like this, the managers should be front and centre. If they don't "get it", then give the job to someone who does.
It doesn't bother you that the players don't have enough depth of thinking to come up with this conclusion on their own?

The club tweeted last night to tune in, today it releases an official apology.
I thought after the mess of the off season, they appointed a PR company.

It's the shambles down there.

Who is driving this?

Something has to give.
Appears the Club (individual responsible) tweeted to watch without knowing what was in the skit.........but now on viewing off an apology

:shock: :shock:

saint4life
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I don't disagree, K. But, the managers seem to be walking away scot free. They earn well off the players and claim to provide a full management service.
And, of course the players should have twigged themselves. But, let's not kid ourselves the players are all sharp enough to look forward and see potential downsides in a course of action. Some of 'em just ain't that smart. And, they live their lives in an unworldly humidicrib. They are kept away from the daily trials and tribulations that most of the population has to negotiated on their own wits. By the time some of them twig, it's usually too late.
It's why they have managers.
As for the club PR end of it - yes, rubbish. Way too many people did Media and Communications degrees. There's a lot of them who only learnt how to spin their way into a job, not how to do the actual job. A lot of 'em ain't that smart, either.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Looks like the only thing the players did wrong was not use their brains.
Why though, don't they care?

Even now, the club has released an official apology, and at least 3 players are sticking up for it on twitter.

Just shoosh already.

Shambles.

SunburySaint
Club Player

Only one way to ensure that the saints are not in the papers for the wrong reasons!

GADDAFI MEDIA LOCKDOWN!!!!

Do not have any media contact and that will reduce our issues.

Alternatively people can just grow the F*** up and realize that this is what happens in this day and age... if we don't want things like this to be shown then half the TV shows should be canned all music video channels should be canned..... Oh and dancing in general!!

Some people.....

On the plus side I ran into BJ today at a Telstra store in Melbourne.

Now lives in Geelong...
Ross who?
Club Player

What is going on here........?

I hardly think that the general public is going to look at the Saints performance and think that there is a "Bad Culture", towards women especially.

Seriously, if our own supporters can't put it down to some light hearted fun, we may as well close the doors now!

Just another old fashioned case of "Sex sells" for the whole revue, not just our part in it.

Sam Fisher aside, the rest were just playing the part of boys dancing with girls in a nightclub. Same as anything you would see at most popular nightclubs. Is this angst pointed at Sam Fisher? I hope not as I see Sam as a fantastic role model of the club.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
chook23
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:Just headed down to Linen House Centre and managed to snap this picture of the people running this club....

Not our admin office too many staff in that photo!!

saint4life
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:

Is that Darren Jarman I see in there?

NEW COACH SCOOP 8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:What is going on here........?

I hardly think that the general public is going to look at the Saints performance and think that there is a "Bad Culture", towards women especially.

Seriously, if our own supporters can't put it down to some light hearted fun, we may as well close the doors now!

Just another old fashioned case of "Sex sells" for the whole revue, not just our part in it.

Sam Fisher aside, the rest were just playing the part of boys dancing with girls in a nightclub. Same as anything you would see at most popular nightclubs. Is this angst pointed at Sam Fisher? I hope not as I see Sam as a fantastic role model of the club.
As I said earlier.

You are focused on the performance itself, I am focused on the (continuing) unprofessional performance from the football club.

Behind Play
Club Player

May certainly be light hearted fun for you but to the rest of the football public, it's the St. kilda football club's image on women.

Wake up the lot of you.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
chook23 wrote:

Is that Darren Jarman I see in there?

NEW COACH SCOOP 8-)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Ross who?
Club Player

SainterK wrote:

Sam Fisher aside, the rest were just playing the part of boys dancing with girls in a nightclub. Same as anything you would see at most popular nightclubs. Is this angst pointed at Sam Fisher? I hope not as I see Sam as
a fantastic role model of the club.
As I said earlier.

You are focused on the performance itself, I am focused on the (continuing) unprofessional performance from the football club.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Perhaps you should consider following another team. There is nothing you, me or anyone (EXCEPT those at the club) can do about it. Either back those in power to stand by their decisions or defect. I assume the fact we are looking for new PR people points to the fact the ones who were there fell on their sword. Wait for new PR staff to be appointed and give them a chance.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Austinnn
Club Player

Happily, living overseas I couldn't watch the tired ape parade that is The Footy Show even if I wanted to, so I didn't see the segment. But I did read all 5 pages f this post and feel like I more or less understand the situation.

I agree with most if what is being said here, in detail:

The rival to one of our sponsors is a very popular tabloid newspaper owned by powerful international media corporation famous for stooping to any depth, no matter how immoral or illegal, to make a story and this newspaper has been gunning even more than usual for our club since The Age became our sponsors.

The Club's media dept are culpable at worst, inept at best for not preventing this. Our club image has taken a beating in the last two years. Their primary concern should be repairing that image. The Footy Show Revue has clear precedent, and they should have known that anything remotely 'sexy' would get big headlines.

St Kilda FC needs a minister of propaganda who can enhance our image, not destroy it. It also needs a Management Structure that is pre-active, not re-active

The players may have wanted to let off some steam but should have been advised why this was a bad idea, and perhaps certain folk from TFS edged them on, the players should have been warned.

If the HS want to start a war, give them one. All club exclusive with Other papers, no interviews, no press conferences, nothing.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote: May certainly be light hearted fun for you but to the rest of the football public, it's the St. kilda football club's image on women.

Wake up the lot of you.
What is the club's image on women??

asiu
Saintsational Legend

However 'outsiders' desire to portray it , it seems to me.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:

Perhaps you should consider following another team. There is nothing you, me or anyone (EXCEPT those at the club) can do about it. Either back those in power to stand by their decisions or defect. I assume the fact we are looking for new PR people points to the fact the ones who were there fell on their sword. Wait for new PR staff to be appointed and give them a chance.
Are you serious?

I can question the club and it's direction anytime I like on here, and I should be able to without being labelled as a fairweather that should support another team.

Ross who?
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
Behind Play wrote: May certainly be light hearted fun for you but to the rest of the football public, it's the St. kilda football club's image on women.

Wake up the lot of you.
I'm sorry, exactly what part of the skit was defamatory towards women? I saw boys AND girls reacting towards each other!

Blake Acres fan club VIP
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote:

Wake up the lot of you.
What is the club's image on women??
Hmmm, I don't like those sort of comments.

Are you inferring BP that St Kilda has a negative stance towards their views on women?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

]
Ross who? wrote:

Perhaps you should consider following another team. There is nothing you, me or anyone (EXCEPT those at the club) can do about it. Either back those in power to stand by their decisions or defect....
If that is an example of critical thinking , I wouldn't even waste my time SK.

... it's worm food , written by a turnip

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:so If Shane had done the skit or jack Riewoldt or Dayne Beams would there have been the same reaction?

what about Campbell Brown?
Yep it must be because it was Sam Fisher and the saints.
Correct. :P

All the teams seem quite happy to shed clothes and bump and grind with partial clad "dancers".

Or was it just because we threw a pole in :?
No it is because the paper hates us. I dont understand how a paper can hate a footy side but they do.
They don't hate us but it suits them to write it for obvious reasons and because there is a "story" in it for them because most people who read it think we have a party culture. It doesn't matter if it's true or not.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Ok, another stuff-up that's not a stuff-up at all.

It's the huns fault, it's TFS's fault, it's their managers fault, people are over-sensitive... personally, I blame Lyon.

Club and players are above reproach... and kicking goals off-field as adeptly as they do on.

Yep, dancing around a pole with a stripper who just coincidentally happens to look remarkably like Kimmie, and holding a vodka bottle while groping and lunging at some chick on a couch is a great idea... all after the club tweeted that the boys will be 'carving it up' (in light of Fisher's 'did you chop her?' to Lovett xmas eve before last makes it all the more hilarious...), followed by the club's clumsy denial of knowledge.

Everything's fine.