Rumour Malthouse to sign with Saints on Wednesday (Ch 7)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Rumour Malthouse to sign with Saints on Wednesday (Ch 7

mohannair wrote:Just reported on Channel 7 that strong rumour that Malthouse will sign with Saints on Wednesday. The reporter was reporting from Geelongs celebtration (@ 8:17 am)
So a rumour from a reporter at the Geelong celebrations has got this from who?

All the Geelong supporter? or via the bush telegraph that runs up and down the Princes Highway?

I wait and see.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I heard a rumour in the pub last night that Malthouse coach announcement is coming Tues - and Harves will be assistant coach. Done deal before the GF? Apparently!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
crippa2sipa
Club Player

gringo wrote:I have a fear that at a club with no support network and doping program, he may just be a Wizard of Oz. All facade built on the highly paid support staff.
This is just spot on.

In his 12 years at Collingwood, Malthouse acted like a highly paid mistress. He did and said whatever McGuire told him to do and say. In return, he was presented to the gullible hordes as the coaching genius of Collingwood while an army of support staff did all the actual work and McGuire pulled all the strings necessary for the Filth to produce a premiership. Even after 9 years and 2 full rebuilds, the task was incapable of being accomplished without stealing all of our IP via Hudghton (by creating a part-time "coaching" position for a person who had no interest in coaching) since Malthouse was too dumb to invent a game plan that was capable of delivering a flag for the Filth himself.

Malthouse is a puppet - a weak, lying, self-aggrandizing, money-hungry nobody - and Eddie's little puppet is (according to Eddie) what Malthouse will remain:

We knew Mick was going: McGuire
7:49 PM Sat 01 Oct, 2011
"McGuire said [of] Malthouse... "He'll be a fantastic media commentator, we've had two years to line-up all those things for him, he'll have a fantastic, successful career going forward," he said."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Eddie has been inferring that Mick's 'retirement' has been brought about by health issues (not Eddie's overwhelming desire to get Buckley in as coach & keep him away from North).

If that is all BS, then Mick will be very keen to prove the stage managed exit as a massive mistake McGuire has made.

After yesterday I'm confident that we have at least one more shot at the holy grail.

I'll be wrapt if Mick comes to StKilda

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ed's certainly "massaging" this outcome...

His last line a giveaway...

"Im pretty happy that Nathan Buckley will coach us in 2012..." that is all he wants.

“Yeah….nah””
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I have got my ears to the ground but have not heard anything on this! Would be great if true but can't see it happening

#1 Ryder fan
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

when would malthouse have actually spoken to st kilda?

i reckon all the rumours are crap because they can't have had more than a brief preliminary chat. neither st kilda or malthouse himself would know yet what's going to happen next year.

personally, i'd be happy if he comes. either he's a great coach and he has success, or he's a s*** coach and he destroys his reputation with us. either way works for me.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Methinks all this talk of Malthouse being the next coach of the SAINTS is;

POO FROM A BOY COW !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:I have got my ears to the ground but have not heard anything on this! Would be great if true but can't see it happening
yep be amazed if this was true.

Malthouse saying "he wont be coaching" next year and talk of giving time back to his wife etc would suggest its a long shot.

“Yeah….nah””
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Can't seem to bet on te StKilda coaching job on Sportsbet anymore....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Can't seem to bet on the StKilda coaching job on Sportsbet anymore....
oh well that's it then...must be true..... :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Well my mate who lives in Seaford apparently saw MM leave Linen House Centre the day after the prelim win. Again that's what he saw and he wouldnt lie. Of course it could be mistaken identity.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
jays
Club Player

dont think so

ando051
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Well my mate who lives in Seaford apparently saw MM leave Linen House Centre the day after the prelim win. Again that's what he saw and he wouldnt lie. Of course it could be mistaken identity.
That would be the last place Mick would of turned up to, IF he was interested in the job. Now i know it is a big heap of BS

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Well my mate who lives in Seaford apparently saw MM leave Linen House Centre the day after the prelim win. Again that's what he saw and he wouldnt lie. Of course it could be mistaken identity.
That would be the last place Mick would of turned up to, IF he was interested in the job. Now i know it is a big heap of BS
Dont worry thats what is said to him. I also found it hard to believe that he would of done it after the prelim win.

ando051
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
ando051 wrote:
Dont worry thats what is said to him. I also found it hard to believe that he would of done it after the prelim win.
He may of been there to give a character reference for Scotty Watters.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
ando051 wrote:
He may of been there to give a character reference for Scotty Watters.
He may have to.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who heard MM at the Collingwood Losers Celebration would know he's NO chance he will be at Seaford next year.

His line about being born a Collingwood supporter and that he'll die a Collingwood supporter was food for the feral masses. But there is no way known he'll be announced Saints coach in a week or two after his speech.

Forget it - move on.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:and we always loved MM, when he cries its because he has passion, and his style has always been misunderstood right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
to me the only thing mickie milkshake and judas lyon have in common is that they are both lying miserably deceitful pricks......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
StGoddard18
Club Player

Ive heard Harvey has his interview on Thursday, so they are no where neat announcing a coach yet

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:took MM 10 years for collingwoods premiership.

I"m willing to wait.

people are expecting him to wave his wand.

there were a few bottom out years as well.

Do you have the patience?

01/02 s*** 07/08 emerging from the mire.
and one bounce of a ball the other way and he would have sfa cups at the filth too.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:He may have had structures, assistants, resources, etc, but the bloke has succeeded in managing and coaching footballers, and I would be esctatic if he was appointed our Coach.

As for the Milne incident, pfff, there'd be a shake of hands and forgotten. Chri*t, there not a bunch of nitpicking school girls.
f***...is that how you see it...??..like there was nothing in it.??..that that c*** shithouse didn't cause milne and his family untold misery.???..that that prick shithouse wasn't responsible for his iq inhibited cheer squad chanting the same words several year after the event..???.....give me....and milney a break ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll

and for the record...that's ....THEY'RE.... :roll: :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:I've always loved Mick, top bloke. As for you arseholes that have been bagging him; hang your heads in shame.
never...the guy's a see you next tuesday.... 8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I'd say there's about a 1% chance of it happening, and I reckon he's overrated, as someone pointed out he's had an enormous machine behind him... But if it did happen I wouldn't think he was any less of a prick until he came out and apologised publicly to Milne... meanwhile you're all falling over yourselves to excuse the old tool before there is even any cred to the story..... oh, and the filth were smart enough to get a water-tight contract.
f*** me...there's a first....a post from this poster that i can agree with..if only in part....
...filth smart.???....get over yourself...ffs... :wink:

loris
Saintsational Legend

Malthouse will be in Perth tomorrow.....so obviously not having an interview with Saints then. Heard an announcer on ABC radio saying on Friday that she would be interviewing MM on her program face to face. He was to be in Perth for some family/friends do with his wife. Remember he did live here for many years. Then it appears he was going off on holidays from Perth.

Things change I know but that was this announcer was saying friday arvo.

Maybe he will talk things over with the other lyin one first, before he makes his decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: