When we win a flag we should dress up as Pyramids on mad Mon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:boys will be boys. lenny doesn't mind the odd shenanigans. he was involved in a bar fight just recently. great bloke but no ones perfect.
no...he got mugged bu a couple of thug bouncers...big difference imho....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well I think its been done to death and I'll have to "agree to disagree" on some of the points raised here.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Dave Robicheaux wrote:if it happens at other clubs, its still no reason for letting bad behaviour go at ours y'all
When was the last time a chick passed out due to having her drink spiked at a Saints club function??!!

f***** hell. Some guys take photos of their knobs and some others dance on the Footy Show, and it's the end of the world!

Some perspective on this type of stuff would be great.
especially when a filth player is mates with a thug killer and rides around in a car with him whilst he fires off the odd shot.....ffs.....the world's gone pc made ....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dave Robicheaux
Club Player

Agree about Lenny Hayes!

Y'all better blow it off now
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Dave Robicheaux wrote:if it happens at other clubs, its still no reason for letting bad behaviour go at ours y'all
When was the last time a chick passed out due to having her drink spiked at a Saints club function??!!

f***** hell. Some guys take photos of their knobs and some others dance on the Footy Show, and it's the end of the world!

Some perspective on this type of stuff would be great.
especially when a filth player is mates with a thug killer and rides around in a car with him whilst he fires off the odd shot.....ffs.....the world's gone pc made ....
The real problem is that the mock outrage over the pettiest of 'scandals', really overshadows and trivialises real social issues and genuine 'scandals' involving sportsmen.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:boys will be boys. lenny doesn't mind the odd shenanigans. he was involved in a bar fight just recently. great bloke but no ones perfect.
I think calling it a 'bar fight' is stretching it a bit!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I don't have a problem with the joke per se, except that there does seem to be a double standard at play here. Case in point: that Rita lady on SEN who went on and on about how morally corrupt St Kilda is and how she retracted her comments about Lyon's treachery due to our misogynistic culture. Now, I am old enough to realise that to have a phone in show on radio you need to discuss something that is not just topical, but something which will raise the hackles of all the reactionaries who call up SEN all the time. Not once did she give credit where credit is due for the act, Channel 9 and The Footy Show who choreographed it.
Interestingly, she also went on and on about how much she loves "Mick" in the same program.
Act was in bad taste to be sure, but another case with which to highlight the double standard in the media which is this, if St. Kilda do it, bad, if other clubs do it, not great but they will sort it out properly as they have a good (i.e. winning) "culture". The Geelong drugs case was an excellent example of this hypocrisy. Where was the apology for dragging our club and it's players' names through the mud when the girl in question finally admitted she made up most of her story that she was feeding the media?

Dave Robicheaux
Club Player

Why she aint nuthin but a no 'count alley cat :twisted:

Y'all better blow it off now
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Not once did she give credit where credit is due for the act, Channel 9 and The Footy Show who choreographed it.
 Interestingly, she also went on and on about how much she loves "Mick" in the same program.
Act was in bad taste to be sure, but another case with which to highlight the double standard in the media which is this, if St. Kilda do it, bad, if other clubs do it, not great but they will sort it out properly as they have a good (i.e. winning) "culture
Very true and very annoying.

Now I'm sure some will jump on here and say we're just trying to make excuses, but that's not what it's about.

Our players were silly to agree to do the selected act on the players revue.

But if the act was so offensive then those who devised it, and televised it, should share the wrath.